The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Does Toronto Have That Is Worth Luongo?

Their first-rounder, one of their young d-men, and something extra to sweeten the pot would probably get it done...if Gillis and Burke got along. Count me among those who think Gillis would trade Lu for nothing before he'd deal with Toronto. Maybe he'll demand Burke's head as the price of making a deal, fire Burkie and then we'll talk. That'd be pretty bad-ass.

To Vancouver: Roberto Luongo.

From Vancouver: Roberto Luongo.

See what I did there? I think the organization has made it clear at this point that they stand by Luongo. Even with Schneider's excelling performance, I really have a hard time picturing them moving Roberto. I would expect them to move a player like Ballard to free up cap room to resign Schneider. Stop overthinking this "goalie controversy", because in all likelihood, nothing will change in this department.

Please, reread what I have just said, memorize it, change your oppinion to it, and pass on the word to the next person who makes a trade Luongo thread. Please and thankyou.

Gardiner is a real gem but Schenn has been one of their worst defenceman over the last few seasons. Just because he was drafted with high potential and is still young doesn't mean he's good for this team right now, which is when we're making our Cup runs. Schenn is brutal in his own zone and terrible positionally, no thanks.

I know no one wants this guy, but Phaneuf is exactly what this team needs. Say what you want, our defence is desperately lacking a big, mean, physical presence with solid leadership and also an ability to put up points. Phaneuf is the big, scary defenceman that our D core lacks, and is great in front of his own net - something we also lack (Bieksa and Edler are two of the worst, Hamhuis and Salo aren't much better because they aren't big and physical enough).

We could have used the big physical presence of Phaneuf against the big LA forwards, because our relatively small defencemen were embarassed.

Their first round pick. Gardiner. Maybe Lupul. Maybe Schenn. Maybe Kadri if he can be more consistent. Maybe Kulemin if he can regain the form he had a couple years ago.

Maybe Luongo + Raymond for Gardiner and Kulemin. Don't know if Toronto would do that though, they're pretty high on Gardiner.

My boss is a die-hard Laffs fan, he says they wouldn't be interested in moving the 5th overall, Gardiner, or Schenn. He says he would take Luongo, Raymond and Ballard for Franson, Colborne, Gustavsson's rights, and a 2nd. I really like this package.

After living in ontario for awhile and watching Luke Schenn play all the time I want absolutely nothing to do with him. He's physical and strong and that's about it, he is awful defensively, he has constant loss of concentration issues, he is a slow skater, his puck moving skills are almost non existent, his shot is slow and not very powerful, he get's gassed quickly(might be one of his biggest issues). There's better choices just in free agency alone...

My boss is a die-hard Laffs fan, he says they wouldn't be interested in moving the 5th overall, Gardiner, or Schenn. He says he would take Luongo, Raymond and Ballard for Franson, Colborne, Gustavsson's rights, and a 2nd. I really like this package.

There really is no hurry to trade Luongo right now. He is our property. He is signed. Let's get Schneider signed first before we settle this goalie controversy, see what teams are willing to pay for him when they can't offer sheet him. His value would be sky high then. If MG doesn't like the offers for Schneider at the draft, make him our #1 and trade Luongo to the team with the best offer. The draft is where it will all be settled but MG will explore all possibilities and see what teams are willing to pay for either of his goalies first before deciding on who to keep. He really means it when he says he is undecided. It is not a done deal that Luongo is leaving Vancouver. Not at all. But they do need to sign Schneider prior to the draft. This is an absolute must because it puts Vancouver in a very strong position to field the best possible offers for him out there. MG knows he can't make a decision yet until he knows what Vancouver would be receiving for either goalie. Then he'll weigh the best offers and make a decision that is best for the organization going forward....without emotions involved.

So at this point in time it seems as if Luongos most likely destination this off-season is Toronto, but the question I ask is who do we get in return for our all-star goalie? some say they'd just accept their first round pick (I believe 5th overall) for Luongo, straight up, but I don't really think thats enough... I think the Canucks should look to get some players that can make a difference for the upcoming cup run.

And that made me think, who does Toronto have that could do this for us... and by that I mean who that is worth Luongo? There's no way wed be able to get Kessel which is the only real member of the leafs that is sought-after... Phaneuf... well not many people really want Phaneuf.

So who do you guys think we could get/want to get from the Leafs if this deal were to go down?

Ive got to say if Luongo goes to Florida for example..tell me which Canadian player are the Canadian media going to target..

We are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and all they talk about is Luongo being traded...

These are the most boring playoffs I can remember. No Canadian team no Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh. All these teams put me to sleep..They all play the trap and a defensive system.

All the games going 2-1 3-1 1-0..

I agree with Gillis our game is going back to the TRAP SYSTEM. A very boring game.

If Gillis cannnot find a trading partner...what is Lu going to do...Is he going to retire or is he just going to sit on the bench and be a backup..

If he decides to stay in Florida and not play does his salary still count against the cap...

Archived