The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Does Toronto Have That Is Worth Luongo?

To Vancouver: Roberto Luongo.

From Vancouver: Roberto Luongo.

See what I did there? I think the organization has made it clear at this point that they stand by Luongo. Even with Schneider's excelling performance, I really have a hard time picturing them moving Roberto. I would expect them to move a player like Ballard to free up cap room to resign Schneider. Stop overthinking this "goalie controversy", because in all likelihood, nothing will change in this department.

Please, reread what I have just said, memorize it, change your oppinion to it, and pass on the word to the next person who makes a trade Luongo thread. Please and thankyou.

My boss is a die-hard Laffs fan, he says they wouldn't be interested in moving the 5th overall, Gardiner, or Schenn. He says he would take Luongo, Raymond and Ballard for Franson, Colborne, Gustavsson's rights, and a 2nd. I really like this package.

I'd be fine with Gardiner + Picks. There's no one else on their team that I want, especially given salaries and such. I really don't want Phaneuf or Schenn. Did anyone even watch Schenn last year? I don't want to have to bank on him having a bounce back year.

My boss is a die-hard Laffs fan, he says they wouldn't be interested in moving the 5th overall, Gardiner, or Schenn. He says he would take Luongo, Raymond and Ballard for Franson, Colborne, Gustavsson's rights, and a 2nd. I really like this package.

I'd be fine with Gardiner + Picks. There's no one else on their team that I want, especially given salaries and such. I really don't want Phaneuf or Schenn. Did anyone even watch Schenn last year? I don't want to have to bank on him having a bounce back year.

If Lou goes to the Leaf's who would the Canucks want off that team, it seems like a big "OH GOD" moment who ever they get.

I hope his worth goes up I have a LOU jersey and a signed photo...(one of three LOU has one as well)

As for the Hawks...they have a few players that play hard and have scoring skill, however the hate factor between the two teams might be a problem in the dressing room. It seems like a mess no matter where you look... Some TV sportscasters have suggested Lou might stay and Cory might go...Time to flip a coin..."BALLS"

Come on dreamers Lu s contract is an albatross around anyones neck we will have to take an overpaid dud in return just to try and clear space. No one on TO who is over paid is of any remote interest to me ( they all are overpaid) this is not a trade that will end well I am not saying don't want it done but his contract will hurt his value

With the market the way it is for goalies. Lots of teams are looking. And really besides Jonathan Bernier on he market there are no elite goalies out there. So luongo will fetch more than a couple players.

If varlomov gets a 1st rounder in return for him. Ben bishop get a 2nd rounder. No reason why Luo wouldnt fetch a phaneuf/scheen calibre player there first rounder and possibly a bottom 6 forward/5&6 depth player.

I almost hope we wait until the Rick Nash deal is done, then we can see what he went for and hopefully structure something very similar.

And I can't believe some of you think we'll give up Lu for one or two unproven young players. It will be a high draft pick, top prospect and then some junk to counter his contract

you guys should really go over to the leafs message board and see what they are saying about this lu deal. you guys are saying things like gardiner, schenn, or the 5th overall pick. they are saying at best komisarik and kadri for lu. and for the most part the consensus over there is that they dont really want him. if you ask me we would be lucky to get luke schenn straight up for lu, gardiner will be off limits and it will proably take more than just lu to get the 5th overall pick from buke. if we do get the pick i hope forsberg is still availble woul be great to add another young talented power forward to our system.

I hear names like Schenn, Kadri, Lupul being thrown around. THOSE just aren't realistic. The FACT is is that whoever takes Luongo, is doing just that, taking him off our hands.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 1st rounder, Komisarek (to send money the other way), and maybe an ok prospect.

We just aren't going to get a great return. It's the reality.

Archived