The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Debunking The Roberto Luongo Myths

JustNazzy

All you Lu haters make me ???? sick.

If you think Schneiders better can't you just say that instead of bashing Lu as well. Luongo is one the best goalies in the league....... I know the same people hating on Lu now will be the same people hating on Schneider as soon as he has a few bad games, everyone just STFU about our goalies, it isn't the problem.

Yea but we say Schnieder should be our number 1, trade Luongo.

And you all retort you're all ???? retarded why would we trade the guy that got us to game 7 of the SCF.

And we say: because Luongo melts down; supporting evidence 1, supporting evidence 2, supporting evidence 3, supporting evidence 4

Schneider has played 5 playoff games you're a ???? moron if we trade Luu we wouldn't even make the playoffs next year

He has Dominak Hasek like stats, and in literally 70 NHL games has had 1 bad game against Nashville this January.

Shut up Luongo is the best!!!!11111!!

:)

It is speculated that Cory Schneider may not be as good as we think he is.

The Hasek-like stats he has established as a backup? They were not consecutive games mostly.

Luongo's Choking in Playoffs? Wait until he's traded, and he gets that team the Cup.

Schneider would be our Number 1? Just put him on the spotlight, and see how he melts down. Waste of another young, budding goaltender.

your a clown.

seriously, ur taking 3 games and using that as ur sample size. I could do the same thing and look what happens.

Loungo cant win in the stanley cup finals. YES HE CAN LOOK AT THIS 3 WINS...

2 shut outs,

0.66 GAA

0.979 Sv%

AND THATS IN THE STANLEY CUP FINALS...

who would u rather have, a guy that can get u 3 wins like that in the finals, or a guy that can put up worse stats in the 1st round and still lose???

See how stupid ur arguement looks when u use such a small sample size???

I feel like CDC should have a mandatory stats enrichment courses that comes with signing up on these boards so at least ppl can look and have an idea of what numbers mean.

your a clown.

seriously, ur taking 3 games and using that as ur sample size. I could do the same thing and look what happens.

Loungo cant win in the stanley cup finals. YES HE CAN LOOK AT THIS 3 WINS...

2 shut outs,

0.66 GAA

0.979 Sv%

AND THATS IN THE STANLEY CUP FINALS...

who would u rather have, a guy that can get u 3 wins like that in the finals, or a guy that can put up worse stats in the 1st round and still lose???

See how stupid ur arguement looks when u use such a small sample size???

I feel like CDC should have a mandatory stats enrichment courses that comes with signing up on these boards so at least ppl can look and have an idea of what numbers mean.

I love how when presented with actual facts... people start going on about invisible and non-measurable things like being "clutch" and "intangibles". They start grasping at straws to try to validate their misconceived view of the universe by just making stuff up rather than facing the reality that they are demonstrably and empirically wrong.

It is entirely bollocks, and just shows that these folks simply don't understand math enough to recognize what is real and not real.

In the goaltending department more than any other position the statistics tell the whole story. Save percentage and GAA are the only indicators that matter. They aren't throwing hits, they are intimidating other players with their physical play... they are either stopping the puck or they aren't.

As the article rightly points out, people have taken a couple of bad playoff games and using that to form their opinion. They then disregard all the other evidence (many more than 2 games) to the contrary because those facts do not agree with their opinion.

I love how when presented with actual facts... people start going on about invisible and non-measurable things like being "clutch" and "intangibles". They start grasping at straws to try to validate their misconceived view of the universe by just making stuff up rather than facing the reality that they are demonstrably and empirically wrong.

It is entirely bollocks, and just shows that these folks simply don't understand math enough to recognize what is real and not real.

In the goaltending department more than any other position the statistics tell the whole story. Save percentage and GAA are the only indicators that matter. They aren't throwing hits, they are intimidating other players with their physical play... they are either stopping the puck or they aren't.

As the article rightly points out, people have taken a couple of bad playoff games and using that to form their opinion. They then disregard all the other evidence (many more than 2 games) to the contrary because those facts do not agree with their opinion.

Archived