The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Canucks Fan Base In A "nut"shell

krazysl

you mad? Relax!! He did have hart, and he did alot for the community, but that doesnt warrent him a GM spot or coach or anything in manegment. He was overrated, my point is that with this fanbase thinking he got a pass because he did community work but others dont get a pass and get ripped for one season not producing when Linden had a drastic fall off and became average. If that would have happend with the fans of now he would have been booted out of the city.

The problem with the 'fanbase' is that they continually judge players solely by their point production and undervalue or completely disregard all other aspects of the game. Everything you did in your post, especially your judgement of Trevor Linden.

And as much as I hate to defend the Bruins....they were missing a player of significance, his name is Nathan Horton.

You fail to understand what Trevor Linden brought to the game.

When he hit, you felt it.  He was tenacious and fearless.  He led the team with effort and sacrifice. He was a leader and a warrior. Like a Callahan for New York.

Our current team lacks that kind of leadership.  The entire team basically rolled over this last playoffs.  Our physical guys (Edler, Lappy, Booth, Kassian) were feline cats.  Our scorers couldn't score.  Our energy players, lacked energy.

Noone stepped up their game and through force of will, got the rest to join in.  That's what Linden did when he was here.

Leadership isn't about talent and scoring goals.

Linden hart brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler has one bad year because he had surgery in the off season while still netting 40+ points and he is the subject of fan abuse. Linden at 11 season in a row of 30+ points and he is a hero. I liked Linden and his hart my point is how shallow fans our and dont think about the big picture.

Linden hart brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler has one bad year because he had surgery in the off season while still netting 40+ points and he is the subject of fan abuse. Linden at 11 season in a row of 30+ points and he is a hero. I liked Linden and his hart my point is how shallow fans our and dont think about the big picture.

i cant speak for anyone else who wants kesler traded, but the reasons i want him traded have nothing to do with his performance this, or any, season. i want kesler moved because i think the canucks need a second line center that makes his linemates better instead of worse, and an alternate captain that isn't an absolutely horrible human being. the canucks need to move their culture away from arrogance, diving and whining and into an era of class and playing like men.

i cant speak for anyone else who wants kesler traded, but the reasons i want him traded have nothing to do with his performance this, or any, season. i want kesler moved because i think the canucks need a second line center that makes his linemates better instead of worse, and an alternate captain that isn't an absolutely horrible human being. the canucks need to move their culture away from arrogance, diving and whining and into an era of class and playing like men.

i have a real problem with people just saying "the fans" did this and "the fans" did that...

im a "fan" and i dont think kesler should be traded... thats moronic, selke winning, 40 goal scorers that you developed through your own system dont come around that often...

im really starting to think its just the media telling us what we as a fanbase are thinking! even last night's game, they brought up luongo and one of the comments was "the fans made it obvious they dont want him here"... the negative is always spun about this team, and if anyone should be run out of town it should be the brutal sports media in vancouver - and after that, the suits that are wasting good seats that a hockey fan could be in

The problem with Canucks fanbase is that we expect the good things to happen EVERY year.

Once a player has a terrific season, our fans expect them to have another one. A good example is Luongo. He had an absolutely amazing 2007 season, and then Canucks fans expect him to do that every year.

Questioning Linden's jersey retirement? Are you nuts? Just because he had some 40 point seasons doesn't make him a bad player. He had over 350 career goals and over 850 points. He won several leadership awards and was the NHLPA president. He was the most passionate Canuck in history. He was the best captain in Canucks history. That doesn't deserve recognition?

That's like saying Shane Doan doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired by the Coyotes.

lol Nathan Horton doesnt fall in the same sentance with D sedin. My point of the post was that most fans judge on a year by year base. If you do bad this year we want you gone, next year you do well then we love you. Bieksa prime example, had a bad year and every one wants him traded in the summer of 2010, complete mistake keeping him. Then he has a solid year everybody loves him, myself included. Kesler had a bad year trade him, just after he was up for mayor because he alone carry us through nashville. But now he is a bomb. Linden if was judged on the same year by year base he is a extreme bum. But at the end you look at all the years and he was pretty good. I think we as fans need to look at the big picture and not judge a player on one year. If that was the case Linden would be a zero not a hero.

Guest BuckFoston

What bothers me most about this post is the unnecessary use of of quotation marks around "nut" shell. Driving me bloody mad.

Archived