Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shazzam

Luongo Or Kiprusoff Has Move Value In A Trade?

208 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Luongo
    • Kiprusoff

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

118 posts in this topic

Luongo and Kiprusoff were once considered to be top 3 in the NHL. Both are still capable of pulling off Vezina-like seasons. The flames needs to start the rebuild (couple of years earlier), and should move Kip. Whether he wants to waive his NTC is up to him, and same with Luongo. Both goalies could be in play this summer.

If you were looking for a veteran goalie, whom would you go for? who has move value?

Kiprusoff

cap hit: 5.833

remaining salary: 12.5 mill

remaining years: 3

Luongo

cap hit: 5.33

remaining salary: 47.28 mill

remaining years: 10

Kiprusoff because of the length. Also, his NMC has expired so he can be buried in the minors if he sucks.

Luongo. No matter what the contracts caphit is very reasonable. Kipper is a great goalie, Luongo Is an Elite goalie.

I really don't want to get rid of him, if we do, I'm gonna bawl my eyes out.

Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Luongo. No matter what the contracts caphit is very reasonable. Kipper is a great goalie, Luongo Is an Elite goalie.

I really don't want to get rid of him, if we do, I'm gonna bawl my eyes out.

Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Kipper. But CGY will want teams to overpay by a lot, since they don't have another great goalie like we do. Plus, Lu's cap hit is cheaper by a little. I'd say more teams will want to pay a lesser price for Lu than they would for Kipper.

Well its arguable.

Some people would say Luongo because he's younger than Kipper and cheaper.

Some people would say Kipper because of his contract length.

kipper, he has two more years at 5.8m so its the perfect scenario for a team who wants to suit up for a two year run at the cup...chicago would be a perfect fit for kipper because they have all those young prospects who are ready to pop

Kipper is still an outstanding goalie that carries a weak Flames team. 3 years left in his contract, that seems about the right time for a decline. $5.3 vs $5.8 isn't a big deal in cap hit.

Kipper - because of Jay Feester is dumb and hence Kipper will be a steal of a trade for whoever gets him.

Luongo (or Schneider), on the other hand, Gillis will play his cards right and we will get what we need in return.

Kipper - because of Jay Feester is dumb and hence Kipper will be a steal of a trade for whoever gets him.

Kiprusoff - Because of his low contract length

Luongo - Because he is younger and has a more, current playoff experience

Depends. Would you want a quick fix in goal or someone to depend on for longer term. And let's face it, Luongo's contract was designed to screw the NHL cap system.