The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Or Kiprusoff Has Move Value In A Trade?

shazzam

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And the only reason the Canucks won the Presidents Trophy was because of Luongo and Schneider. Look at how fast they were eliminated in the playoffs when Vancouver met a goalie that Luongo and Schneider could not out compete. The rest of the skaters were exposed. Goaltending carries the Canucks too. And Luongo is our #1. The only reason Schneider started was because we needed a shake up. We have the luxury of having two goalies more valuable than Kipper.

Am I supposed to admire the fact Kipper did less with less?

Kipper has had a worse save % than Luongo in 4 of the 6 years he has been a Canuck. Kipper's save % has dipped below .910 3 times. Luongo's has never been below .913.

We are not homers for thinking Luongo is more valuable. You want to see homers? Go to Calgarypuck. Sometimes, I wish our mods were as strict as theirs against fans of opposing teams (like you), but then I go over to CP and thank heavens for what we have here.

You are the real homer, friend.

lmao

put the Canucks team in front of Kipper and see how many games he can win too. What a dumb argument

The only reason we're not getting lottery picks is solely because of Kipper

With a way shjttier team, Kipper is better than Luongo at GAA and save%

lol homers

On topic, not to mention Kipper's NMC is lifted this summer so there would be way more options to explore. Plus he only has 2 years remaining rather than 10

Easily Kiprusoff.

Kiprusoff has 2 more years left with his NTC expiring July 1st. Not only that but his actual salary will be 5 million next season and 1.5 mil the follwing season.

The Canucks will be lucky if they can get rid of Luongo without taking a bad contract before getting any actual value for him.

The 2006/2007 Vezina is debatable. Brodeur did have a great season as well. To say Luongo was "robbed" isn't fair to Brodeur because of how close a race it was.

I don't think Kiprusoff's days are so far behind him. He manages to win a minimum of 35 games per season on a terrible team. He is the only consistent player on the Flames roster. We really can't tell who is the better goalie unless they some how switched places.

Kipper has got to be, believe it or not, one of the more underrated goalies in the league. Everybody always looks him over, especially seeing how the Flames have failed to make the playoffs 3 years in a row now.

Top 3 goalies in the NHL right now:

1) Lundqvist

2) Luongo/Kipper

3) Kipper/Luongo

The homers on this board make me laugh, hence why I hardly ever post.

The argument that "Luongo won us gold" should not be a resepected.

He let in the tying goal with less than 30 seconds left? Yes, they were crashing the creas and the D should have boxed the US out but LOU was also flopping around like a dead whale like he always does.

He finished the tournament with the second highest GAA, and one of the worst save percentages.

As for the poster who said Kiprusoff hasn't played in many meaningful games in the past 8 years, I'd say the olympics count as meaningful.

And yes, I am a diehard 'Nucks fan I just watch the entire league, not one team.

Kipper has got to be, believe it or not, one of the more underrated goalies in the league. Everybody always looks him over, especially seeing how the Flames have failed to make the playoffs 3 years in a row now.

Top 3 goalies in the NHL right now:

1) Lundqvist

2) Luongo/Kipper

3) Kipper/Luongo

It is frankly tough to tell.

Kiprusoff has 2 years remaining on his contract while Luongo will be on the books for atleast the next 7. Kiprusoff is also stronger mentally than Luongo, who has personally cost his team some key playoff games (last year's cup finals and game 7 being the most relevant). That said, Luongo has the stronger and more consistent track record. While the strength of the Canucks as a whole has a lot to do with that (Calgary has been significantly weaker since 2008), it still speaks to Luongo's skill as a goaltender.

In my eyes, while they are both not outright elite goaltenders anymore, they are both still very capable of carrying mediocre teams and making them dangerous. Luongo has the more consistent track record while Kiprusoff has the mental prowess along with the far more friendly contract.

I say their trade value is dead even. I will also say that in a trade, both teams will be the losers. Both Calgary and Vancouver will not get anything in return that will make up for the loss of their franchise goaltenders, though the presence of Schneider will ease the blow for the Canucks.

Kip. Calgary has no pressure to trade him so offers will be fair value

Why offer alot for a goalie when the backup has just as good numbers, a good contract and is actually still in his prime

Also every team in the nhl pretty much knows forsure luongo is leaving town because of the risk of offending cory so offers will be low

Archived