The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Or Kiprusoff Has Move Value In A Trade?

shazzam

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where did you here that Kipperman was up for grabs? He was there best player last year by far. Karlson's not ready to be a starter. The guy started 70 games and averaged .921, close to career numbers for him. He's staying in Calgary for a long time is my guess.

Without letting Van fanboy emotions get in the way. Kipper is obviously the better choice, more consistent, much better contract, no on ice Lou antics and as someone mentioned Kipper is mentally stronger than Lou.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lou and what he has accomplished, but there's a reason why he is leaving. And his contract is the biggest thing that will hinder his trade value

I think kipper is a better goalie and one of the best goalies in the league still.

Without him the flames are battling columbus this year. They had a subpar team and kipper kept them in alot of games and carried them on his back at times.

It might help if you dont start a poll involving lou on a canucks forum, try a non biased forum like hfboards, would better gauge a realistic response.

As for their value to a team, they're pretty close. But as for trade value, it's Kiprusoff - NO QUESTION.

With the expiring NMC, Kipper can't dictate his terms. So Feaster can simply sell him to the highest bidder. Luongo's trade value is diminished by the fact that there will only be a few teams in on the bidding.

Add in the extremely long contract with NTC, and it's a no-brainer.

Kipper all the way. Kipper is an outstanding goalie on a crappy team. His numbers look like crap compared to other goalies. Put him on a team even like the Canucks and his numbers would jump up considerably. The best thing about this guy is that you cant rattle him. The guy goes out there and give the flames a glimmer of hope to win games.

You're um...wrong.

Now let's move away from your silly and incorrect ramblings.

The trade value depends on what team they're being traded to. Overall Luongo is going to have more trade value because he is a better goalie and has shown that in the last few years. He's also 2 years younger than Kipper and has a better cap hit. Now he has 10 years left on his contract and probably 7 years of playing time left. Of his contract however he's already been paid nearly 30% of it so it's going to be enticing to an owner as well who wants to maybe save a little money while employing one of the better goaltenders in the league.

I think there are teams that would prefer Kipper to Luongo simply because of the contract (teams with goaltending prospects who are only a few years away) but overall Luongo gets a better return than Kipper does.

As for their value to a team, they're pretty close. But as for trade value, it's Kiprusoff - NO QUESTION.

With the expiring NMC, Kipper can't dictate his terms. So Feaster can simply sell him to the highest bidder. Luongo's trade value is diminished by the fact that there will only be a few teams in on the bidding.

Add in the extremely long contract with NTC, and it's a no-brainer.

Archived