The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Or Kiprusoff Has Move Value In A Trade?

shazzam

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is in my opinion a poor assessment.

He got the steal of the draft last year in Baertschi, along with several others, while attempting to put a competitive product on the ice, as opposed to the Edmonton model of putting a crap team out there to get better players.

I think Feaster is the right GM for that team.

This is in my opinion a poor assessment.

He got the steal of the draft last year in Baertschi, along with several others, while attempting to put a competitive product on the ice, as opposed to the Edmonton model of putting a crap team out there to get better players.

I think Feaster is the right GM for that team.

I think you really have to be cynical to truly believe Edmonton is losing on purpose.

It's true that Calgary is 'attempting' to be competitive, but the truth is Calgary isn't much better of a team if at all. They haven't missed the playoffs as much, but they have been bounced every year in the first round or earlier since the lockout.

Baertschi might be the 'steal' of the year, but I am thinking I would rather have Nugent-Hopkins at this point.

Calgary fans continue to fuel the hatred and criticism towards Edmonton's team, but in reality I see it as nothing more than thinly veiled jealousy.

Olympics medals are something that is meaningless in the NHL. To answer your question 0 and 1.

Lets take a look at the rosters of Canada and Finland. Besides Selanne, not a single player of Finland's roster would have made Team Canada.

Goaltenders

Niklas Bäckström, Minnesota Wild (NHL)

Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames (NHL)

Antero Niittymäki, Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)

Defensemen

Lasse Kukkonen, Avangard Omsk (KHL)

Sami Lepistö, Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)

Toni Lydman, Buffalo Sabres (NHL)

Janne Niskala, Frölunda (SEL)

Joni Pitkänen, Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)

Sami Salo, Vancouver Canucks (NHL)

Kimmo Timonen, Philadelphia Flyers (NHL)

Forwards

Valtteri Filppula, Detroit Red Wings (NHL)

Niklas Hagman, Calgary Flames (NHL)

Jarkko Immonen, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)

Olli Jokinen, New York Rangers (NHL)

Niko Kapanen, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)

Mikko Koivu, Minnesota Wild (NHL)

Saku Koivu, Anaheim Ducks (NHL)

Jere Lehtinen, Dallas Stars (NHL)

Antti Miettinen, Minnesota Wild (NHL)

Ville Peltonen, Dinamo Minsk (KHL)

Jarkko Ruutu, Ottawa Senators (NHL)

Tuomo Ruutu, Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)

Teemu Selänne, Anaheim Ducks (NHL)

VS

Goaltenders

• Martin Brodeur, 37 (New Jersey Devils)

• Roberto Luongo, 30 (Vancouver Canucks)

• Marc-Andre Fleury, 25 (Pittsburgh Penguins)

Defense

• Scott Niedermayer, 36 (Anaheim Ducks)

• Chris Pronger, 35 (Philadelphia Flyers)

• Shea Weber, 24 (Nashville Predators)

• Drew Doughty, 20 (Los Angeles Kings)

• Duncan Keith 26 (Chicago Blackhawks)

• Dan Boyle, 33 (San Jose Sharks)

• Brent Seabrook, 24 (Chicago Blackhawks)

Forwards

• Sidney Crosby, 21 (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• Rick Nash, 25 (Columbus Blue Jackets)

• Jarome Iginla, 32 (Calgary Flames)

• Mike Richards, 25 (Philadelphia Flyers)

• Joe Thornton, 30 (San Jose Sharks)

• Patrick Marleau, 30 (San Jose Sharks)

• Ryan Getzlaf, 24 (Anaheim Ducks)

• Brenden Morrow, 31 (Dallas Stars)

• Corey Perry, 24 (Anaheim Ducks)

• Dany Heatley, 29 (San Jose Sharks)

• Eric Staal, 25 (Carolina Hurricanes)

• Patrice Bergeron, 25 (Boston Bruins)

• Jonathan Toews, 21 (Chicago Blackhawks)

Doesn't change the fact that your argument is flawed in comparing Vezina trophies. Luo was robbed of the Vezina in 07, and has been a candidate for it for multiple seasons. While this is debatable, Kipper's best days are far behind him, and Lu is a better goalie right now. Comparing Vezina trophies holds nothing to their trade values.

The 2006/2007 Vezina is debatable. Brodeur did have a great season as well. To say Luongo was "robbed" isn't fair to Brodeur because of how close a race it was.

I don't think Kiprusoff's days are so far behind him. He manages to win a minimum of 35 games per season on a terrible team. He is the only consistent player on the Flames roster. We really can't tell who is the better goalie unless they some how switched places.

GMs are also going to look at the fact that after Kipper's contract is over, he'll probably retire..

I'd take Lu. Dependable in most scenarios, and he's around longer so moving a star player seems more reasonable for him instead of having their goalie retire in 3 years and be left with nothing. Plus, Kipper really hasn't proven much besides the fact he can still put up decent numbers behind a pathetic team (like Lu did in Florida)

Oh and Situation, the name's perfect for you; you're an epitome of the douchebag on the show. Stats aren't everything, you have to look at worthy seasons as well (eg: Luongo, 2007), and I believe somebody was using Iginla failing to get a 100 point season above as well. Anybody can google stats and post them on CDC, but it takes years of watching more than the odd Canucks game which I'm sure you do to realize that stuff happens and players don't always get the prize in the long haul.

I feel Lou is the more attractive to other teams.

He s a huge part of two straight Presidents Trophy teams.

His contract may be a blessing in disguise. The term means the team that gets him doesn't have to worry about that position for a long time.

His new team knows they have a solid goalie for years to come.

Kipper can not be compared to Luongo, he's good but not good enough. Vancouver fans put a lot more pressure on the goalie here than do Calgary fans. Kipper would certainly not be able to handle to pressure Vancity fans give

Archived