The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Us Pastor Terry Jones Holds Koran Burning Vigil Again

key2thecup

While I don't support his actions, he has every right to do what he wants. Burning a book is (and should not be) a crime and there's no need to overreact. And people saying others will have to pay for his actions...uhhh that's the problem with the world. WHY should we be afraid to burn a book?! That needs to change

I was discussing this was a friend and his opinion was that they should burn a Koran for every murder caused by a suicide bomb. A sign of...idk...resistance? Maybe to show that we are not afraid?

we in the the west have been the agressors in this conflict since the crusades . we are the ones who have gone to islamic countries and raped and pillaged and are now exploiting them for their natural resources .i have never heard of an islamic person burning a bible , yet christians have been descacrating things muslims hold sacred for hundreds of years .

we in the the west have been the agressors in this conflict since the crusades . we are the ones who have gone to islamic countries and raped and pillaged and are now exploiting them for their natural resources .i have never heard of an islamic person burning a bible , yet christians have been descacrating things muslims hold sacred for hundreds of years .

1. Burning a book is a symbolic statement and an expression of his sentiments. If you don't see it that way, then he still has the free right to burn a collection of paper in a bonfire, local fire codes notwithstanding.

2. Ever heard the phrase "when pigs fly"?

i see the burning of any book as an act of ignorance and stupididty full stop , he may have the right to do this but any rational person does not think this is truly an expression of free speech .

and if you think that the chances of mitt romney being elected are the same as a pig flying then you are delusional , most pundits are expecting this to be a very close contest .

i see the burning of any book as an act of ignorance and stupididty full stop , he may have the right to do this but any rational person does not think this is truly an expression of free speech .

and if you think that the chances of mitt romney being elected are the same as a pig flying then you are delusional , most pundits are expecting this to be a very close contest .

I agree, burning books is stupid and irrational, but remember this guy is a pastor when speaking of what rational people do think. It is an extension of the freedom to say (communicate is a better term) what you want, so long as it does not cause immediate panic or incites criminal action. He expresses his sentiments toward Islam by burning their holy book, in this case the medium of communication is not spoken word, but it is still a communication.

I also must disagree with you on Romney. The fact he's going to run at all shows the GOP threw the towel in before the election was even thought of.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rob-portman-marco-rubio-condoleezza-rice-dont-want-to-be-romneys-vp-2012-4 :lol:;)

Archived