The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corey Perry ?

Earlier during the season, we heard a Corey Perry trade rumour to the Canucks, which then turned to Bobby Ryan and then nothing happened.

Well, the way i look at it, one of our challenges in the playoffs has been to score goals and that is because outside of the Sedin twins, we don't have any other elite scoring threat. Kesler was great last season but lets face it, he will never be a top end scoring threat who consistently makes the 25-35 goal margin and neither do i expect him to. Now, with Perry in the team, we would have one of the best lines in hockey, free Kesler up for the 2nd unit powerplay(badly needing a centerman).

Now, Anaheim has 23 million free for next season and they need a top-end goalie to remain competetive in the Pacific division, especially if Koivu and Selanne retire. As such, the Perry trade benefits both teams and i wonder if we could swing the Perry trade by packaging Luongo with a combination of players & picks. ( i wouldn't want to trade the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Higgins, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev or Kassian though).

Instead of criticizing you could offer a constructive reply.

OP : It really all depends on if Luo wants to go to Anaheim.

I honestly just don't think we have the pieces to make this trade happen without losing any of the aforementioned players in your post.

Guest BuckFoston

Earlier during the season, we heard a Corey Perry trade rumour to the Canucks, which then turned to Bobby Ryan and then nothing happened.

Guest BuckFoston

Isn't it a 4 team list now? Florida was reported to have no interest.

We still don't know the other team

TB

Florida

Chicago

Toronto

Archived