The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corey Perry ?

this team's 2nd unit should only be one play maker with the ability to shoot away from having a solid season (given Kes' shot and discipline start working again). I wouldn't be spending our chips on another partner for the Twins on the PP when someone like Booth with them can already make it work (heck those Twins play like they're a trio out there). Yes, you can't spell "Corey" without core, and he will be a very clutch game-breaker and integral part of the team if he is dealt here, but again I'd rather find the passer who can work with Kes to diversify the attack, when the first line already has ample finishing ability with

Danny (shooter) - Hank (passer, shoot more please) - (whoever their line mate is-- Burrows/ Booth/ KASSIAN)

I actually talked to his girlfriend about the last rumors we heard a few months back when I was at the Honda Center and she said the organization loves him too much. They're not planning on moving him and any rumors you hear are just that. I don't know how much of that is concrete and what you can take out of it but it sounds like their organization and Corey aren't going to part ways anytime soon specially since Teemu might be retiring and someone needs to take his place.

Isn't it a ZERO team list since no one from the organization has given a confirmation/press release on any of these rumors? If Luongo gives a list to Gills, does he show it to all the talking heads as well after gathering them all in a room, like here guys... check it out so you can later report it on your twitter ok?

Goddamn, give it up already.

So you want to get Perry but you don't want to trade any of our players with trade value in order to get him? You have to give something to get something. Anaheim wouldn't take our spare parts for their superstar. Not a chance. To get Perry it would probably have to be Kesler + edler.

Trading with a western team can really bite us in the behind.. Trading luongo at all has the potential to bite back later on, also i believe his list has to be 6?

I dont see many west teams being on that list if any, even if chicago is rumoured, the final list hasnt come out.

If only Luo would put Columbus on his list. Nash would look good with Kesler and Booth.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Nash-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-lappierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malholtra-Hansen

Ebbet

Nice looking forward group

Unfortunately then we will have to live with

Bieksa-Hamhius

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Grangani

Cannuatton-Alberts

Schnieder- Lack

Especially if Selanne & Koivu retire, the last guy they are going to trade is Perry.

Give your head a shake... :sick::picard::sadno:

Think about it, you have just lost two of your top 6 forwards, and you trade your best remaining one for a goalie when you still have a Hillier who is not bad at all...

Earlier during the season, we heard a Corey Perry trade rumour to the Canucks, which then turned to Bobby Ryan and then nothing happened.

Well, the way i look at it, one of our challenges in the playoffs has been to score goals and that is because outside of the Sedin twins, we don't have any other elite scoring threat. Kesler was great last season but lets face it, he will never be a top end scoring threat who consistently makes the 25-35 goal margin and neither do i expect him to. Now, with Perry in the team, we would have one of the best lines in hockey, free Kesler up for the 2nd unit powerplay(badly needing a centerman).

Now, Anaheim has 23 million free for next season and they need a top-end goalie to remain competetive in the Pacific division, especially if Koivu and Selanne retire. As such, the Perry trade benefits both teams and i wonder if we could swing the Perry trade by packaging Luongo with a combination of players & picks. ( i wouldn't want to trade the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Higgins, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev or Kassian though).

You also need to your head a shake; you acquire arguably the single best power forward in the league & you want to play him with your defensive center?

All that when your you have the smallish but freakishly talented Sedins, who are incapable of playing two way hockey because they have not found someone big who can keep up with them?

Holy carp, too many guys are fixated on making Kesler the leagues best player instead of building a good hockey team.

Nash plays with Kesler only when the Twins retire if we could get him.

Its this exact problem, even by AV and our coaching staff, which is holding us back!

:emot-parrot:

If only Luo would put Columbus on his list. Nash would look good with Kesler and Booth.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Nash-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-lappierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malholtra-Hansen

Ebbet

Nice looking forward group

Unfortunately then we will have to live with

Bieksa-Hamhius

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Grangani

Cannuatton-Alberts

Schnieder- Lack

I realize that trading Perry, with Koivu and Selanne potentially retiring doesn't look good. however, the template in the west for the last few seasons has been ' defence and solid goal-tending = playoff appearance'. Hiller has vertigo problems that he hasn't fully recovered from and i made sure i checked the anaheim board to see what their impression is of Hiller- they think he is talented but damaged goods and not sure if they want to give him a contract extension if he can't shake his vertigo.

As far as next year looks, Ananheim has one 'super-line' and then nothing. No defence, no solid goal-tending and IMO, they arn't going to be in the playoffs without good goalie and defence.

My thinking is, Ananheim is in an extremely competetive division and they are going to prioritize making the playoffs first and making a cup run when they do have the pieces to make the playoffs consistently.

As such, Luongo still has atleast 3-4 years of good hockey in him and IMO, he will be a good enough goalie to backstop a team into playoff position for most of his contract- he is a position goalie, not a reflex goalie and as such, he will be a God on the first shot for a longtime to come. Anaheim has money to burn and they are almost in a position to start over again. They also have high draft picks and it is a lot easier to replace Corey Perry than find a bonafide goalie in the next few years.

I think the deal makes sense for both parties, but wouldn't be surprised if Gillis thought trading with a western team is a bad idea or Luongo didn't appear too hot to go to Anaheim.

Earlier during the season, we heard a Corey Perry trade rumour to the Canucks, which then turned to Bobby Ryan and then nothing happened.

Well, the way i look at it, one of our challenges in the playoffs has been to score goals and that is because outside of the Sedin twins, we don't have any other elite scoring threat. Kesler was great last season but lets face it, he will never be a top end scoring threat who consistently makes the 25-35 goal margin and neither do i expect him to. Now, with Perry in the team, we would have one of the best lines in hockey, free Kesler up for the 2nd unit powerplay(badly needing a centerman).

Now, Anaheim has 23 million free for next season and they need a top-end goalie to remain competetive in the Pacific division, especially if Koivu and Selanne retire. As such, the Perry trade benefits both teams and i wonder if we could swing the Perry trade by packaging Luongo with a combination of players & picks. ( i wouldn't want to trade the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Higgins, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev or Kassian though).

I would pay almost anything to get Perry. He's one of the best shooters in the league, he's clutch, and big and nasty to boot. I think Anaheim is crazy to even consider trading him.

I also think Gillis, if he trades Luongo, will go to great lengths to avoid moving Luongo to a team in the West.

Though Perry could make it happen.

Neither GM wants to face these players for years to come.

Archived