The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Convincing Sutter To Sign With Van

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of the Op's points are valid. Some are more...well.... :picard:

That being said, Suter would be a superb addition to this team but MG would have to completely unload his magic bag :bigblush: to get this one done. Theres alot of teams with alot more room to fit him in and going forward we don't know what MG's full plan is. Getting Suter might completely handcuff any other opportunities that arise IMO.

If Lou could be moved without taking a big salary in return, I suppose it's possible. However, something would likely have to give on the blueline. We already have a bunch of lefties back there and with Salo's status up in the air, it could get even more lopsided.

That being said, if MG could manage to get Suter, it would be worth doing whatever else he has to do on defense. (barring moving Hamhuis)

Frankly, If a player needs to be persuaded to come here after his length of time in the NHL, I'm not sure he is right for us. I would rather have a player who sees our Organisation, our fan base, and our players and WANTS to come to Vancouver.

Archived