The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gary Roberts Calls Mike Gillis A 'moron' For Comments About Hodgson

yes we can nucks

Anyone can defend Gillis if they want, but the one fact that makes Gillis' comments about Hodgson an ABSOLUTE JOKE:

In the last 3 years, we've lost Luc Bourdon to a fatal crash, Rick Rypien commits suicide....... but Cody Hodgson has had more time spent on him than all other players COMBINED??!?!?!?!!

WTF was Gillis thinking with that one?

imo It's not so much the whole back injury debacle, but the THREE AGENTS so far in his brief career that put a red flag up on Cody.

So he gets hurt in camp. Why another agent? And then why another? What are those agents going to do to help him with his injury? All they would do is assist him in his quest to be traded.

To me, it appears that Cody never wanted to be a Canuck. Our version of Kyle Turris and Blake Wheeler.

What i don't buy for a second is the icetime argument. He got 2nd power play time and cushy 3rd line center time.

What i am worried about is the shill job on Kassian as well. Gillis says players like him are never made available in a trade. Well, then why was he made available?!? Cheers.

TOML

Good luck in the future having one of your "stars" play on the Canucks Roberts. You are a fool for opening your big mouth on this topic.

Yeah, Gillis spoke the truth in his presser, something the NHL is not used to, nor the Hodgson camp for that matter. Think Gillis might be just a bit PO'd about the effort he put into Hodgson and the hassle he obviously took?

Gillis did make a mistake in speaking out, he only owes an explanatin to the owners, not the fans. OK, the man's not perfect. I hope he pays absolutely zero attention to this crap and continues the great job he's doning of building a Stanley Cup contender.

imo It's not so much the whole back injury debacle, but the THREE AGENTS so far in his brief career that put a red flag up on Cody.

So he gets hurt in camp. Why another agent? And then why another? What are those agents going to do to help him with his injury? All they would do is assist him in his quest to be traded.

To me, it appears that Cody never wanted to be a Canuck. Our version of Kyle Turris and Blake Wheeler.

What i don't buy for a second is the icetime argument. He got 2nd power play time and cushy 3rd line center time.

What i am worried about is the shill job on Kassian as well. Gillis says players like him are never made available in a trade. Well, then why was he made available?!?

Yeah i'm sure you know all these prospects that the Canucks have drafted have cringed inside when being drafted by the Canucks.

I'm sure the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Tanev, Hansen, Schneider and more have all regretted being drafted by the Canucks. Look at how bad these players are? Such bad development eh? Boy they are REALLY mismanaging these guys. Just horrible.

Gillis had his say.

The Team will have Cody's father and agent on air and the other side will have their say.

Roberts was the first anybody here has ever heard of anybody supporting Cody or telling his side.

Now we will get a balanced view and those that have questioned Cody and his 'camp' on this board will have to hear it.

When it looked like Cody Hodgson was going to be a star, his days as a Canuck were numbered.

Just look at the big market draft picks of 2008:

5. Schenn. Bust? Trade bait?

10. Hodgson. Close to busting. Traded.

11. Beach. Fairly close to being a bust.

16. Colbourne. Traded.

19. Sbisa. Traded.

30. McCollum. Not even close to the big league.

imo You're not allowed to be a successful team and get decent draft picks unless you're one of the inner circle who is due to win the cup. Philly. NYR. They have paid their dues. The Canucks are up there, but they're not even close. And now the prime years of the Sedins are wasted.

It would not surprise me to see the Habs and Laffs win the cup again before the Canucks win one. Possibly the Oilers as well. And don't forget about Buffalo. The Canucks apparently still need to pay their dues. I say let us sign more and more free agents to ridiculous contracts and merely bury them like NYR and Philly do all the time. (Hey, does Wade Redden get his name on the cup if NYR wins?) Cheers.

TOML

Archived