Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Gary Roberts Calls Mike Gillis A 'moron' For Comments About Hodgson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
338 replies to this topic

#331 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

For fcuk's sake, you and others keep making Hodgson look like a little 80lb midget. The guy is 6'0 and can stay on the puck 10x better than Raymond. He doesn't weigh as much as Kassian because he is known to have a lean diet. He is probably pure muscle, not like flabby Kassian. Besides, didn't he score against all the big tough teams like Boston, Detroit, and Chicago in the regular season? Your argument that he can't score against big tough teams is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not directing my comment to you only, but all other idiots who are making similar arguments.

How in the hell do you know what Kassians diet is other than a plate of your hatred towards him. The Kings pounded the Canucks and exposed them as a tired burnt out team that had no rest for a friggin year. Boston hit the same wall as the Canucks did. Hodgson and his great diet would have done jack s$it agaist them.

#332 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hodgson had the highest goal/shots percentage (15.4%) in the entire Canucks roster this season. He was the only one who could shoot the puck worth a damn. Everyone else had to rely on trashy goals and rebounds on empty nets. Unfortunately as you saw, Quick doesn't give up rebounds. Honestly, I don't know where Gillis got the balls to trade away the only guy in the team this season who could actually aim.

If Gillis wasn't so arrogant and stupid, he should have traded for MORE guys like Hodgson to stack up the centers, and develop Bitz and Weise to take on the toughness role. Kesler should have moved to the wing since January.

With the new changes to the NHL divisions, I doubt the Canucks will win the President's trophy again. Not as long as Gillis runs this team. We had two lucky breaks being in a very weak Northwest division but this will end next season.

Look you're wrong about a lot of things in your last two posts but you're also clearly pretty emotionally unsound about this whole thing. This last bolded part here though I wanted to address because I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that somebody had figured out the standings if all divisional games were taken out. IIRC Vancouver was still top 5. I'll try to find it so I can post it. I remember being surprised because I thought much like you did that their record was way overblown. The biggest difference was the amount of games lost in overtime.

It's not that the division isn't week however there record out of the division is also very good(not as good of course.) which makes statements like what you made pretty unfair. But again you're obviously pretty emotional and angry given that you're calling players flabby and trashing everyone because your precious has left. Perhaps there's another team that wears blue you should be cheering for if this continues. Might make you feel better.

I can't find the nice graphic but here this may help add some insight with division leaders.

Boston: 19-4-1
Rangers: 15-7-2
Florida: 12 -8-4
Vancouver: 18-5-1
St Louis: 10-9-5
Phoenix: 13-5-2

So year there's a difference here. St. Louis was clearly the best outside of their division. Damn did St. Louis ever pick it up this season.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 03 May 2012 - 08:33 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#333 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Mike Gillis.......the April 30/2012 CDC Whipping Boy...........

So when we're finished working our way through the team roster right down to the stick boys WBL (whipping boy list)......do we just start at the top and work our way down again or work from the bottom back up? <_<

Good call. I too am getting dizzy from reading in circles.
Maybe we just have someone pull names out of a hat to change it up a bit. Tomorrow we harp on the rink attendant for crappy ice surfaces.
Posted Image

#334 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Maybe we just have someone pull names out of a hat to change it up a bit. Tomorrow we harp on the rink attendant for crappy ice surfaces.

You'd think another easy target would be the sleep Dr., considering at times the Canucks looked like they were asleep!
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#335 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm surprised this thread is still going. It's an unwinnable argument on either side... at least for a couple of years.
How about we concentrate on trading some of our 'fans' here?

#336 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

How do you figure?

We can break even or win the trade two years from now & it was still a loss. Contending teams trade for proven veterans who still need a ring. They dont trade for unproven rookies to fill key roles.

Whats worse was Bitz was playing better than Kassian did. We effectively removed two useful players, Hodgson & Bitz, from the lineup. We were sold out for any chance to win this year, and MG should have known Kassian was not ready. Whatever was going on with CoHo, MG lost his composure and it sold out our year.

I applaud fans who back anything and everything with blinders on. But pressure from educated fans will hopefully make a difference to discourage such poor moves.

I'm surprised this thread is still going. It's an unwinnable argument on either side... at least for a couple of years.
How about we concentrate on trading some of our 'fans' here?

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 03 May 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#337 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

This last bolded part here though I wanted to address because I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that somebody had figured out the standings if all divisional games were taken out. IIRC Vancouver was still top 5. I'll try to find it so I can post it. I remember being surprised because I thought much like you did that their record was way overblown. The biggest difference was the amount of games lost in overtime.

I take it that being "top 5" means not being #1. Therefore, Vancouver would not have won the President's trophy if divisional games were taken out.

#338 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I take it that being "top 5" means not being #1. Therefore, Vancouver would not have won the President's trophy if divisional games were taken out.

Quite the deductive skill you have there Sherlock.

Did you miss the point or just ignore it to be right which I pretty much told you that you were?
Plenty of those division leaders also wouldn't have been division leaders if they didn't feast on their divisions. Or could it be also that they are all good teams as well? Boston did better against their division then we did and weren't even really in the hunt for the presidents? What's it mean? About as much as the presidents trophy does which is nothing. As I pointed out trying to discredit this team by way of saying we merely feasted on our own division is incorrect and quite frankly a little silly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#339 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

oh gary roberts did? hmm ok

he played hockey and now is a personal trainer, got it.

yeah, still dont care.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.