The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phoenix Coyotes Sale May Be Finalized Next Week

Xbox

Wait wait wait...

you're telling me if someone put their business up for sale... let's say a grocery store...

and it had not made a profit in 15 years...

it had filed for bankruptcy protection...

had a few potential buyers walk away...

and only a speck of hope of producing a profit in the future...

and was in the middle of nowhere.

would you invest/purchase this business?

Wait wait wait...

you're telling me if someone put their business up for sale... let's say a grocery store...

and it had not made a profit in 15 years...

it had filed for bankruptcy protection...

had a few potential buyers walk away...

and only a speck of hope of producing a profit in the future...

and was in the middle of nowhere.

would you invest/purchase this business?

the owner of The Winterhawks, in Portland Oregon, is formulating a long term plan to bring the NHL to my city. If he can get the OKAY and the funding to renovate the old memorial coliseum (so the Hawks will always have a place to call home), he wants to split the rosegarden with the Jail blazers, i mean, Trail Blazers.

Of course this is all speculation, rumors and out of context quotes by our local paper. No matter, I would like to hold out some faith. I really do think we have a good market (and an NHL ready arena) and our major-minor team has been turning profits.

its a matter of timing and funding but i could see the -out-of-state billionaire, transplanting the Yotes and making money.

the owner of The Winterhawks, in Portland Oregon, is formulating a long term plan to bring the NHL to my city. If he can get the OKAY and the funding to renovate the old memorial coliseum (so the Hawks will always have a place to call home), he wants to split the rosegarden with the Jail blazers, i mean, Trail Blazers.

Of course this is all speculation, rumors and out of context quotes by our local paper. No matter, I would like to hold out some faith. I really do think we have a good market (and an NHL ready arena) and our major-minor team has been turning profits.

its a matter of timing and funding but i could see the -out-of-state billionaire, transplanting the Yotes and making money.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/05/09/20120509hockey-finally-gets-moment-sun.html

Front page of the Arizona Republic today, Saturday circulation close to 600,000.

I am willing to bet anyone a pair of 2022/23 PHOENIX NHL Season tickets that "Snidely Whiplash" Bettman is going to prove alll those "Dudley Dooright" Canadians calling for the Coyotes banishment from the desert wrong.

it costs an arm and a leg to get into a Canucks game, and they sell tix for 22 bucks!? Good Lord, it'd cost me less to go down to Arizona, watch a Canucks vs Coyotes game, then drive back, and it'd probably still cost less than going to Vancouver.

I would fully support a franchise in either Portland or Seattle more than ever, this Phoenix thing is far past its due date. Hopefully all you have heard is good info. The Rose Garden has capacity, but how are the sight lines for hockey inside?

One thing for certain, this Jamison guy doesn't have the bucks to go it alone. So, until he gets all his ducks lined up, this thing is far from a "done deal" or an official announcement of a new owner for this dead *ss franchise. $40 bucks for 4 tickets and all the goodies, recipe for disaster!

Archived