Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Phoenix Coyotes Sale May Be Finalized Next Week

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Plus, Jamison knows that there will be a roll back in salaries once the lockout happens this year... Will put him in a better financial position for sure...

Truthfully, if I was paying $100 per ticket like in Van and Tor... I'd expect a consistent cup contender... And be PO'd if we were getting knocked out first round or never even making the playoffs...

Paying KC Royals pricing I'm hoping for good entertainment and maybe win a round of playoffs every so often.... Don't really expect a cup contender for the most part, but of course will take any great run we can get...

I'm a hockey fan, love going to games and am glad I don't have to break my financial budget to do so...

Rollback? Little Napoleon has been crowing about increased revenues for years so you think the players will take a rollback? With Fehr the Reaper in charge of the NHLPA? If anything they will be demanding MORE not less, like a chunk of the playoff revenue that they don't get now. For this team to stay in Phoenix, you better expect to break your budget and soon. Personally I think this lasts (if it goes through at all, it is a TENTATIVE agreement), until Jamison has to reach into his own wallet, from what I have heard he didn't have to sign an agreement to keep them there indefinitly so the NHL could bleed him dry, that was why Moyes went the bankruptcy route, once CoG stops paying the bills (becasue the NHL will bleed them dry as well) I can't see them staying, this team will never be self sustaining in Phoenix.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#62 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Wait wait wait...

you're telling me if someone put their business up for sale... let's say a grocery store...

and it had not made a profit in 15 years...
it had filed for bankruptcy protection...
had a few potential buyers walk away...
and only a speck of hope of producing a profit in the future...
and was in the middle of nowhere.

would you invest/purchase this business?

Edited by Losing With Pride, 08 May 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#63 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wait wait wait...

you're telling me if someone put their business up for sale... let's say a grocery store...

and it had not made a profit in 15 years...
it had filed for bankruptcy protection...
had a few potential buyers walk away...
and only a speck of hope of producing a profit in the future...
and was in the middle of nowhere.

would you invest/purchase this business?

Now wait LWP, they're growing the game, they're growing the game. Sooner or later this had better work, right Gary? But as someone earlier said, when Jamison has to fork over his cash, we'll see how long this works. We've all seen buyers come and leave faster than Wiley E, I don't believe this guy is going to be in for the long haul either. Whatever happened to Daddy Warbucks? Standing O at a Coyote playoff game last spring, and then, poof, gone.

#64 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

the owner of The Winterhawks, in Portland Oregon, is formulating a long term plan to bring the NHL to my city. If he can get the OKAY and the funding to renovate the old memorial coliseum (so the Hawks will always have a place to call home), he wants to split the rosegarden with the Jail blazers, i mean, Trail Blazers.

Of course this is all speculation, rumors and out of context quotes by our local paper. No matter, I would like to hold out some faith. I really do think we have a good market (and an NHL ready arena) and our major-minor team has been turning profits.

its a matter of timing and funding but i could see the -out-of-state billionaire, transplanting the Yotes and making money.

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 09 May 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#65 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

the owner of The Winterhawks, in Portland Oregon, is formulating a long term plan to bring the NHL to my city. If he can get the OKAY and the funding to renovate the old memorial coliseum (so the Hawks will always have a place to call home), he wants to split the rosegarden with the Jail blazers, i mean, Trail Blazers.

Of course this is all speculation, rumors and out of context quotes by our local paper. No matter, I would like to hold out some faith. I really do think we have a good market (and an NHL ready arena) and our major-minor team has been turning profits.

its a matter of timing and funding but i could see the -out-of-state billionaire, transplanting the Yotes and making money.

I would fully support a franchise in either Portland or Seattle more than ever, this Phoenix thing is far past its due date. Hopefully all you have heard is good info. The Rose Garden has capacity, but how are the sight lines for hockey inside?

#66 Fincup13

Fincup13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

http://www.azcentral...moment-sun.html
Front page of the Arizona Republic today, Saturday circulation close to 600,000.

I am willing to bet anyone a pair of 2022/23 PHOENIX NHL Season tickets that "Snidely Whiplash" Bettman is going to prove alll those "Dudley Dooright" Canadians calling for the Coyotes banishment from the desert wrong.

#67 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

it costs an arm and a leg to get into a Canucks game, and they sell tix for 22 bucks!? Good Lord, it'd cost me less to go down to Arizona, watch a Canucks vs Coyotes game, then drive back, and it'd probably still cost less than going to Vancouver.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#68 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Front page of the Arizona Republic today, Saturday circulation close to 600,000.

I am willing to bet anyone a pair of 2022/23 PHOENIX NHL Season tickets that "Snidely Whiplash" Bettman is going to prove alll those "Dudley Dooright" Canadians calling for the Coyotes banishment from the desert wrong.

Yeah, I love "ice hockey" too! Remember, nothing has been signed yet, and until then, I'll remain very skeptical of any "new buyers" and their partners.

#69 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

The only thing Bettman will prove is that he is an arrogant, stubborn, liar, as if he hasn't already proven that, they only stay as long as CoG can come up with the money to cover the losses, and since they are $35 million short on their budget already and laying off city workers as well as hiking property taxes 30%, how long will they be able to keep funding a "business" that has never turned a profit and will never be self sustaining? He's pretty much keeping them there out of sheer spite, fans told him in 96 when he turned his back on Winnipeg that it wouldn't work, Balsillie told him it wouldn't work, he has 16 years of evidence that it doesn't work, but he is just to stubborn to admit he screwed up, and if he had put the slightest bit of effort into Winnipeg the first time, they might not have left. How many of these bandwagon fans will stick around if ticket prices go up to be in line with the rest of the league? A co-worker was in Phoenix and went to a game, 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks for $40, that same package costs $100 in Ottawa. At the moment he has no place to go with them, but if new arenas and ownership appears in Quebec, Markham, or Seattle I doubt the Coyotes stay, this is just another edition of the Gary Bettman Shell game.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 14 May 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#70 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

I would fully support a franchise in either Portland or Seattle more than ever, this Phoenix thing is far past its due date. Hopefully all you have heard is good info. The Rose Garden has capacity, but how are the sight lines for hockey inside?

They could have already been there, from what I heard, Little Napoleon brushed off Paul Allen telling him that Portland wasn't a priority for the league (would have been better to try there or Seattle before a 2nd LA team or 2nd Florida team). The further south you go the tougher it is to sell a winter sport, should have gone west before south. Southern markets are a high risk investment, you don't want too much of your money going into high risk at one time.
Blaise Pascal

#71 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I love "ice hockey" too! Remember, nothing has been signed yet, and until then, I'll remain very skeptical of any "new buyers" and their partners.

Interesting how the people who are to supply the money never seem to be named and can't be found when it comes time to write the check isn't it?
Blaise Pascal

#72 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Interesting how the people who are to supply the money never seem to be named and can't be found when it comes time to write the check isn't it?

One thing for certain, this Jamison guy doesn't have the bucks to go it alone. So, until he gets all his ducks lined up, this thing is far from a "done deal" or an official announcement of a new owner for this dead *ss franchise. $40 bucks for 4 tickets and all the goodies, recipe for disaster!

#73 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

One thing for certain, this Jamison guy doesn't have the bucks to go it alone. So, until he gets all his ducks lined up, this thing is far from a "done deal" or an official announcement of a new owner for this dead *ss franchise. $40 bucks for 4 tickets and all the goodies, recipe for disaster!

I think Bettman is just stalling, looking to bleed more money out of Glendale until he gets an arena and a REAL buyer somewhere else right now he has more brush fires burning than he has people to take them off his hands, the main reason the Coyotes aren't in Winnipeg is because he knew he could bleed Glendale for cash and not Atlanta.
Blaise Pascal

#74 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Still waiting for this announcement...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.