The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eye Opening Article

CoreyPerry

Must read article, basically talking about our window, time is now, luongo trade. Everybody should realize that, although Gillis is trying to model Canucks after detroit, we are nowhere close to them. We have no gems found in our system like zetterberg and datsyuk coming up, we don't have a LIDSTROM (41 years and no norris trophy caliber #1 dman). Sedins have started to decline, 2 years left on their contract, once sedins are gone/retired, canucks window is closed obviously.

http://www.cavemag.com/twisted-logic-the-fallacy-of-trading-roberto-luongo/

Yes the time to win is now.

Unfortunately Buttman still hold the keys to the kingdom and as long as he does, I think it's safe to say it's extremely unlikely a Canadian team is going to be winning a Stanley Cup any time soon.

I wish it weren't true, but wishing doesn't change anything.

For those of you who don't think hockey is "fixed" you only have to go back to the American/Canadian Women's Gold Medal Game at the 2002 Winter Olympics for evidence that it is.

You'll recall the AMERICAN ref calling EIGHT consecutive penalties against Canada, many of them utterly ridiculous in nature. Despite the obvious shaft job in progress, our ladies managed to outplay the other team, and the ref, to win gold.

Could the Canucks win a Cup while Hairy Buttman is in charge? Only if they play WAY over their heads and overcome the blatantly biased officiating which always accompanies a Final they may appear in.

They have to do what the Women's team did in 2002 and win by SHEAR WILL

This team doesn't have near enough of that now. If I were Gillis that would be my main objective this off season. Bring in players who are willing to DIE to win... it's like the scene in Wrath of Grapes where Don is talking to the Colorado GM and saying he wants to play Ron Delorme instead of (some alleged star who has no heart), because "those guys win you games!"

We need a team loaded with guys like that because we not only have to beat the other team(s) we have to beat the league too.

Save Percentage Of Final Playoff Game:

2009 - .767

2010 - .857

2011 - .850

2012 - .946

If we have to win in the next 2 years, I'd rather try it with Schneider.

Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing and expecting a different result?

Save Percentage Of Final Playoff Game:

2009 - .767

2010 - .857

2011 - .850

2012 - .946

If we have to win in the next 2 years, I'd rather try it with Schneider.

Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing and expecting a different result?

Nothing new here.

The Nucks big chance was last year. They didn't get it done and now have made changes that leave them without an identity. They are caught between upgrades and rebuilding and appear to be making things up as they go.

Not likely they will be favorites again for many years to come.

Must read article, basically talking about our window, time is now, luongo trade. Everybody should realize that, although Gillis is trying to model Canucks after detroit, we are nowhere close to them. We have no gems found in our system like zetterberg and datsyuk coming up, we don't have a LIDSTROM (41 years and no norris trophy caliber #1 dman). Sedins have started to decline, 2 years left on their contract, once sedins are gone/retired, canucks window is closed obviously.

http://www.cavemag.c...roberto-luongo/

I think some of this article in untrue.

1. If the Sedins really are going to start declining and we'll be out of a first line in 2 years, how is not having prospects a bad thing? If anything, I'd say we should acquire more prospects by trading Luongo.

2. The article states we can't build off of Free-Agency. I point to Phoenix. Also if we end up signing Parise, our Amex line of

Booth-Kesler-Parise would be a first line.

3. If the Amex line is going to be our first line, who will be our second line? The Sedins of course! Sure they will be on the decline by the time they hit 33, but then why not re sign them for 4M each and have a couple of good players on the 2nd line while Kassian, Jensen and Schroeder develop?

4. So you're saying we're missing a Norris Caliber D-man to get us the cup? That is why we trade in Lu for a high draft pick...Ryan Murray anyone?

Just because this window we have is closing, doesn't mean that we can't look at the future and open up another one.

The key for the up coming window to win will be in player development overlapping our stars playing well. In other words, good players on rookie contracts + good stars using the rest of the cap = cup a-la Chicago in 2010.

I see no problem in trading Lu for say Brett Connolly or a chance to get Ryan Murray.

Six seasons. Five Northwest Division titles. Two Presidents’ Trophies. A Stanley Cup Finals appearance. Two Vezina nominations. One Hart Trophy nomination. One Lester B. Pearson nomination. One Jennings Trophy. Two team MVPs. A record of 224-115-41. A goals-against-average of 2.35. A save percentage of .920.

Luongo's Playoff Win Pertentage: 54.3% (including 2011 Game 6 VS CHI)

Schneider's Playoff Win Percentage: 33.3% (not including Game 6 VS CHI)

Point is YOU CANT COMPARE THEM UNTIL SCHNEIDERs had a real workload.

No one can take Luongo's resume away from him though.

Luongo is a great goalie. However, he's now the 2nd best goalie on his team.

Schneider let in 4 goals in 3 full games. (Luongo let in that many in just the first game.) Whether or not the team in front of Cory could outscore 4 goals in 3 full games should not be laid on him.

As well as Luongo played in his 3 Stanley Cup Final wins last year, he let in 18 in the four losses (despite only playing 8:35 in one of them). Stealing 3 games means nothing if you don't give your team even a chance to win the 4th.

Luongo is a great goalie. However, he's now the 2nd best goalie on his team.

Schneider let in 4 goals in 3 full games. (Luongo let in that many in just the first game.) Whether or not the team in front of Cory could outscore 4 goals in 3 full games should not be laid on him.

As well as Luongo played in his 3 Stanley Cup Final wins last year, he let in 18 in the four losses (despite only playing 8:35 in one of them). Stealing 3 games means nothing if you don't give your team even a chance to win the 4th.

Archived