The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More Rookies On Next Years Team?

shawn antoski

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Canucks should add more youth and younger legs into the roster. If we want players to develop properly, they should be getting more call up time during the season. I think Schroader should have been called up for a couple of games by now, it would help his development if he got to play a couple of games in the NHL last season. Jensen right now is being touted as the canucks best prospect right now. Wouldn't you like to see him called up for a couple of games during the season to see what he's got. Do you think they should be giving there younger players more call ups and NHL ice time.

The Canucks should add more youth and younger legs into the roster. If we want players to develop properly, they should be getting more call up time during the season. I think Schroader should have been called up for a couple of games by now, it would help his development if he got to play a couple of games in the NHL last season. Jensen right now is being touted as the canucks best prospect right now. Wouldn't you like to see him called up for a couple of games during the season to see what he's got. Do you think they should be giving there younger players more call ups and NHL ice time.

Jensen doesn't work that way. He is still 19, which means he can't play for Chicago during the regular season (OHL age restrictions). It's either he stays with the Canucks or he goes back to Oshawa. Vancouver cannot just call him up whenever they want to, at least for next season.

This is the big one. Jensen won't get any icetime under AV.

Jensen can't be signed to an AHL contract, once again he's too young. He played in the playoffs for the Wolves only because Oshawa's season ended early. Jensen could do 9 games up here and then be sent back to Oshawa, although if he is really NHL ready he could play next season with us and skip the AHL altogether.

In my opinion Jensen is not ready, he was injured 2 games into the Wolves playoffs, and isn't at a stage where he can take hits from grown men.

I voted Schroeder because he's defensively responsible now. He could work out as a 2-way centre at the NHL level or else fill the undersized 13th forward role AV seems to like so much.

Lack should be on this list, the guy is NHL ready. He's played 2 seasons now with the Wolves, he's done his time, any more games at that level may hamper his development.

This "youth" movement thing comes up every once in a while and ill say what i say everytime.. The players deserving of a spot will earn it, if their not ready then they won't be on the team. Simple as that.

Im not convinced any of those players are anywhere close to being ready for the NHL and the only one who may be is Schroder but im only judging by what ive read.. and its not exactly like he's lighting up the ahl.

I think it depends on the moves we make this offseason. If we can get a top 5 pick, you might see that player on the roster right away.

Also, if we sign a high priced UFA, we might need to have a cheap ELC player on defence like a Sauve or Connauton.

Schroeder will definitely be given a long look for the third line center. Gillis has already stated that he wants to get faster and get more offense. That's why we won't see a Malhotra or Pahlsson on the third line again.

Well the only players I can see having a chance with AV behind the bench is Schroeder, Tanev and Lack. Jensen needs more seasoning in the AHL I just hope we don't trade him in my opinion I am kinda getting sick of trading away these offensive threats even if they become nothing in the NHL I just like the thought of knowing their is one in the system. Rodin is far from being NHL ready he has a long road ahead I have feeling he may just be like a Burrows and Kesler late bloomers. Sweat is an AHL player just like Haydar, Giroux etc... we could see him filling in places when players get hurt though. If AV isn't behind the bench I can see more being deployed if MacT was to take over.

Archived