The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

Well the cover vote is on, and there are 16 players left in the running. Giroux, Subban, Hartnell, Seguin, Malkin, Stamkos, Kopitar, Perron, Datsyuk, Oshie, Lundqvist, Karlsson, Rinne, Sharp, Eberle and Tavares. Personally I'd like to see Giroux on the cover. What are some of your guy's predictions on who will be the cover athlete and what some of the overalls will be?

I'm sure I've posted this a thousand times, both here and on the EA site, but my dream mode is Expansion Mode.

You would create a team (jerseys, city, rink name, division, logo, etc) without players in it, then every NHL team would protect the players they wanted to, and you and another randomly created team would draft from the unprotected pool. Expectations wouldn't be high in the first season, maybe 35 wins or so, and it'd be the perfect mode for people that like rebuilding teams. Please EA just add it. Can't be that hard.

Get rid of the cheese shot, please. It'd also be awesome if they got rid of the player stats before an EASHL game. I hate having people backout all the time after they see mine or one of my teammates stats. Maybe they can just show season stats instead?

I'm sure I've posted this a thousand times, both here and on the EA site, but my dream mode is Expansion Mode.

You would create a team (jerseys, city, rink name, division, logo, etc) without players in it, then every NHL team would protect the players they wanted to, and you and another randomly created team would draft from the unprotected pool. Expectations wouldn't be high in the first season, maybe 35 wins or so, and it'd be the perfect mode for people that like rebuilding teams. Please EA just add it. Can't be that hard.

Man I really hope this is the best NHL of all time. Here's what I would like to see:

Be a GM:

- Three-way trades

- Contract extensions during the season

- Unlimited slots for trading players (not just 5)

- Have your draft picks for 2012-2015 just so you don't absolutley fleece other teams

- Have rookies that are projected to be first round picks go in the first round (Matt Dumba shouldn't

be available in the 5th round)

Be a Pro:

- Be able to request a trade

- First person view (optional)

- Retirement ceremony for when you retire

- Draft combine

- Full draft (like real life)

HUT:

- Include the KHL for searching for players

- Include your be a pro and other peoples' pro (would be really cool)

- NO MORE GLITCH GOALS (Could be taken out of every game mode)

- No salary cap (FIFA ultimate team doesn't have it, so why can't NHL?)

- Be able to choose your arena (NHL, CHL, KHL etc,), goal horn, goal song and coach (head coach and assistants)

- Be a Ref mode

- Bring back create an arena for creation zone

- More legends

- Have all the players stay on the ice/bench during fights

Btw, does anyone know how to make fan made covers?

Id love to see them add pregame skates where you skate around with helmet on or off shooting at the net or goalie if hes not stretching. Obviously not in any online stuff because that would be annoying, but offline would make it more realistic.

Be a Gm they need to make trades more realistic, contract extensions in the middle of the season, show chemistry for lines (like in 06) and Players ask for trade or warn you they arent happy etc.

Archived