The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

I'm hoping that the Devils are actually rated better this year. They have crap ratings in NHL 12, especially the defense. Makes it harder to use my favourite team.

Brodeur's an 85, but he still surprisingly is a beast in the game despite that.

I'm hoping that the Devils are actually rated better this year. They have crap ratings in NHL 12, especially the defense. Makes it harder to use my favourite team.

Brodeur's an 85, but he still surprisingly is a beast in the game despite that.

I was asking some questions to a guy who play tested the game recently, and it's in the NHL 12 thread. I figured I'd bring the minor details here:

I will say I've played the NHL series for as long as I can remember, and the changes to the skating system makes it feel like NHL 13 is the first one I've played. I got used to it but it did take some time

Some people will love it, some people will hate it, no in between

I'm not allowed to get into detail about the finer points of the AI improvement, but i will say a couple things.

1) The AI on the PK is great, no more wasting time , it's on their stick and usually slapped down the ice right away.

2) I got caught with the AI picking off a few D to D passes in the offensive zone and going on partial breaks.

3) you'll probably looking at scoring at least a goal less / game than in NHL 12, I won't say why.

4) The main screen is gorgeous

Yup you do pick a team once you load the game and the results are one of my favourite parts.

No we didn't really have time to play EASHL , because we had to work on something else that was really fun but took a while.

Loading still sucked

What NHL 13 needs is to punish teams that dodge. If you choose not to play a team, then your search time should be increased. It's ridiculous how long it takes for top teams to even find a game.

Sometimes it takes 2 hours.

I play EASHL, not versus.

I can't play versus because it seems like there

are too many teams who's players are right hand shooters. I can't dangle/drag and etc with players like that lol. I just try to pick the team with the most left handers sometimes.

In my opinion, they should make EASHL with the "Be a Pro" view only. It would be much more realistic and not everyone can pass like Gretzky. If I'm behind the opposition's net on the forecheck with my back turned towards the board, how would I be able to see if my teammates were open at the point?

The same goes with defensemen who go back to get the puck. They're being forechecked, they don't have time to look to see who's open. This will cause forechecking to much more effective and defenseman's to make quick decisions. Bad passes will turn to turnovers and etc.

Just my opinion. It makes the game a lot harder but more realistic.

Archived