The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

What's annoying when I play defense in anything, versus or EASHL is that they ruined the quick pass. I can no longer just snap the pass back as soon as I get it cause its random but rather my player holds it for a second or two which makes a huge difference in if I get checked or not.

That's a thing they changed from 11 to 12. It allows players on the other team to establish a better forecheck rather than for defensemen to get the puck out instantly making the dump play useless at times.

While you skate back for the puck, hold the pass button. Pre-charge the pass and when you get the puck, release the pass button and it'll pass right away.

Compared to the overall ratings of players in NHL12 that is super high. Looks like 8 years of BeAGm has gone by for some of them.

But if some are insisting it is another "movement" of what an overall is worth, then it could make more sense. The same happened in last years game compared to 11. I think what they did was add some attributes as well as switch attributes around in the 3 main types "offense" "defense" and "Athleticism" which can affect a players overall... Maybe EA has finally realized Hamhuis's great defensive ability, and maybe defense ability is just as likely to boost an overall rating as offense is.

I tried playing 07, I think, for PC a few months ago with updated rosters of the 07-08 season. Impossible. The goaltending in the NHL games is such garbage. I even jacked up the goalie ratings to 99 for everything and they're still posting stats over 3 and under .900 on a consistent basis. It's not realistic and therefore ruins the fun.

In my opinion, they should make EASHL with the "Be a Pro" view only. It would be much more realistic and not everyone can pass like Gretzky. If I'm behind the opposition's net on the forecheck with my back turned towards the board, how would I be able to see if my teammates were open at the point?

The same goes with defensemen who go back to get the puck. They're being forechecked, they don't have time to look to see who's open. This will cause forechecking to much more effective and defenseman's to make quick decisions. Bad passes will turn to turnovers and etc.

Just my opinion. It makes the game a lot harder but more realistic.

Were there any more legends added? Are the goalie overalls more spread apart? Can you tell the difference (difficulty in scoring) when playing against Lundqvist versus Reimer? When were the overalls made? I'm assuming Brown would be higher if they were adjusted in the playoffs, but lower if not.

Were there any more legends added? Are the goalie overalls more spread apart? Can you tell the difference (difficulty in scoring) when playing against Lundqvist versus Reimer? When were the overalls made? I'm assuming Brown would be higher if they were adjusted in the playoffs, but lower if not.

Archived