The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

IMO they are over doing it, they did great with the GM Connected mode and all of the the new features, but I think the rating system overhaul is just making it more complicated. It feels as though they crammed it in at the last second and did not put enough thought into the rating system or the ratings themselves. They should have done one more year of developing the system..... Oh well.

NHL 13 Demo Livestream to Air August 20 at 2:00PM ET:

What:

· Get a sneak peak at the #NHL13Demo available August 21 via Xbox Live & PSN (August 22nd on PSN in EU)

· An extended look at NHL 13 gameplay.

· You’ll also have a chance to win some NHL swag!

· Ask questions using #NHL13Demo via FB & Twitter and we’ll have the dev team answer them live.

When: August 20th 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT

Where:

http://www.easports....ugust-20-2pm-et

NHL 13 Moments Live:

After the Stanley Cup has been handed out what we remember about an NHL season are the moments that define greatness.

The Stanley Cup champions lifting the Cup. The amazing come from behind win. The shutout where the goalie stood on his head. That one beautiful goal which will live on highlight reels for decades.

The big win. The heart breaking loss.

With NHL Moments Live for the first time you will be able to take part in those moments. To lift your team to victory, or stumble and watch them fall. Recreate or rewrite history.

NHL 13
comes with 26 moments from the 2011 - 2012 Season chosen by the EA SPORTS NHL development team. Some of them will allow you to control a full team, others you’ll be thrust into the role of a specific player including the goaltender. Moments from the 2012 – 2013 season will be added throughout the year as and when made available.

Some moments will ask you to recreate history, while others will require you to change it.

Most moments will feature current NHL players, though there will be three Legends moments from years gone by featuring players who’ve since hung up their jersey.

Each moment can be played on any difficulty level from Rookie to Superstar. Completing the goals in the moment will reward you with Pucks which can be then spent in our Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) mode. The amount of HUT pucks that you receive will depend on the difficulty level you play at, and the individual challenge itself.

Here are my five favorite moments from last season included in NHL Moments Live in
NHL 13

NHL13_moments_LetangLiftsPens_1_WM_resize.jpg

Letang Lifts Pens

Type: Player Moment

Objective: Score the game winning goal with Kris Letang

Description: On November 26
th
, 2011 the Pittsburgh Penguins visited the Montreal Canadiens. After being hit by Montreal forward Max Pacioretty, Letang left the game only to return in time for the start of the overtime period. With the game in overtime, as Kris Letang score the game winning goal. CAN YOU RE-CREATE HISTORY?

Why I like it: There’s nothing more exciting than overtime, and the openness of the 4 on 4 play allows for space to skate and dramatic moments. Be sure to keep in mind that Letang needs to score and with the high scoring Sidney Crosby on the ice, it can be tricky to make sure that you’re the one who puts the puck in the net.

NHL13_moments_Gagner_1_WM_resize.jpg

Gagner Joins The Elite

Objective: Get 3 points with Sam Gagner

Description: On February 2
nd
, 2012 the Edmonton Oilers took on the Chicago Blackhawks. In that game Sam Ganger tied a franchise record for most points in a single game with 8pts, however he was still 3pts off from setting the NHL record for most points in one game. With under 5 minutes remaining and playing as Sam Ganer, get the 11
th
point. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: It’s always nice to set a league record, and being able to change history to allow an Edmonton Oiler to do that is an undeniable draw to an Oilers fan like myself. Gagner’s 8 point night was one of the highlights of the Oilers’ season last year, which is another draw for the fan in me.

NHL13_moments_OTInBeantown_1_WM_resize.jpg

OT In Beantown

Type: Goalie Moment

Objective: Win the game as Braden Holtby

Description: On April 12
th
, 2012 the Washington Capitals visited the Boston Bruins for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. This marked Braden Holtby’s first career playoff start in the NHL. Holtby played brilliantly holding the Bruins scoreless in regulation, however the Bruins scored 1:18 into the extra frame when Chris Kelly snipped a slapper past Holtby. With 20:00 left in the overtime, win the game as Braden Holtby. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: There are always goals that goalies would like to be able to have a second chance at stopping. Actually being able to play, and stop, one of those goals for one of the league’s hot young goalies is quite exciting.

NHL13_moments_HomeSweetHome_1_WM_resize.jpg

Home Sweet Home

Type: Team Moment

Objective: Win the game as the Winnipeg Jets

Description: On October 9
th
, 2011 the Montreal Canadiens took on the Winnipeg Jets. This game marked the first NHL game played in Winnipeg since 1996. The Habs spoiled the Jets homecoming by winning the game 5-1. With 7:28 left in regulation and down by 4 goals, win the game as the Winnipeg Jets. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: Jets fans deserved a homecoming to match their passion and excitement for hockey. Being able to give the (virtual) fans one of the greatest comebacks in history is pretty special.

NHL13_moments_50in39_2_WM_resize.jpg

50 in 39

Objective: Score two goals as Wayne Gretzky

Description: December 30, 1981. The Oilers beat the Flyers 7-5. Wayne Gretzky scored 5 goals to achieve 50 goals in 39 games a feat no other NHL player has accomplished. As Wayne Gretzky, playing in today’s NHL score 2 goals with 14:47 left in the game. CAN YOU RE-CREATE HISTORY?

Why I like it: As a Gretzky fan this is one of the Great One’s finest achievements still not equaled by anyone else. To be able to replay and recreate that moment is something special for a longtime fan of 99.

http://www.easports....le/moments-live

NHL 13 Moments Live:

After the Stanley Cup has been handed out what we remember about an NHL season are the moments that define greatness.

The Stanley Cup champions lifting the Cup. The amazing come from behind win. The shutout where the goalie stood on his head. That one beautiful goal which will live on highlight reels for decades.

The big win. The heart breaking loss.

With NHL Moments Live for the first time you will be able to take part in those moments. To lift your team to victory, or stumble and watch them fall. Recreate or rewrite history.

NHL 13
comes with 26 moments from the 2011 - 2012 Season chosen by the EA SPORTS NHL development team. Some of them will allow you to control a full team, others you’ll be thrust into the role of a specific player including the goaltender. Moments from the 2012 – 2013 season will be added throughout the year as and when made available.

Some moments will ask you to recreate history, while others will require you to change it.

Most moments will feature current NHL players, though there will be three Legends moments from years gone by featuring players who’ve since hung up their jersey.

Each moment can be played on any difficulty level from Rookie to Superstar. Completing the goals in the moment will reward you with Pucks which can be then spent in our Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) mode. The amount of HUT pucks that you receive will depend on the difficulty level you play at, and the individual challenge itself.

Here are my five favorite moments from last season included in NHL Moments Live in
NHL 13

NHL13_moments_LetangLiftsPens_1_WM_resize.jpg

Letang Lifts Pens

Objective: Score the game winning goal with Kris Letang

Description: On November 26
th
, 2011 the Pittsburgh Penguins visited the Montreal Canadiens. After being hit by Montreal forward Max Pacioretty, Letang left the game only to return in time for the start of the overtime period. With the game in overtime, as Kris Letang score the game winning goal. CAN YOU RE-CREATE HISTORY?

Why I like it: There’s nothing more exciting than overtime, and the openness of the 4 on 4 play allows for space to skate and dramatic moments. Be sure to keep in mind that Letang needs to score and with the high scoring Sidney Crosby on the ice, it can be tricky to make sure that you’re the one who puts the puck in the net.

NHL13_moments_Gagner_1_WM_resize.jpg

Gagner Joins The Elite

Objective: Get 3 points with Sam Gagner

Description: On February 2
nd
, 2012 the Edmonton Oilers took on the Chicago Blackhawks. In that game Sam Ganger tied a franchise record for most points in a single game with 8pts, however he was still 3pts off from setting the NHL record for most points in one game. With under 5 minutes remaining and playing as Sam Ganer, get the 11
th
point. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: It’s always nice to set a league record, and being able to change history to allow an Edmonton Oiler to do that is an undeniable draw to an Oilers fan like myself. Gagner’s 8 point night was one of the highlights of the Oilers’ season last year, which is another draw for the fan in me.

NHL13_moments_OTInBeantown_1_WM_resize.jpg

OT In Beantown

Type: Goalie Moment

Objective: Win the game as Braden Holtby

Description: On April 12
th
, 2012 the Washington Capitals visited the Boston Bruins for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. This marked Braden Holtby’s first career playoff start in the NHL. Holtby played brilliantly holding the Bruins scoreless in regulation, however the Bruins scored 1:18 into the extra frame when Chris Kelly snipped a slapper past Holtby. With 20:00 left in the overtime, win the game as Braden Holtby. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: There are always goals that goalies would like to be able to have a second chance at stopping. Actually being able to play, and stop, one of those goals for one of the league’s hot young goalies is quite exciting.

NHL13_moments_HomeSweetHome_1_WM_resize.jpg

Home Sweet Home

Type: Team Moment

Objective: Win the game as the Winnipeg Jets

Description: On October 9
th
, 2011 the Montreal Canadiens took on the Winnipeg Jets. This game marked the first NHL game played in Winnipeg since 1996. The Habs spoiled the Jets homecoming by winning the game 5-1. With 7:28 left in regulation and down by 4 goals, win the game as the Winnipeg Jets. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?

Why I like it: Jets fans deserved a homecoming to match their passion and excitement for hockey. Being able to give the (virtual) fans one of the greatest comebacks in history is pretty special.

NHL13_moments_50in39_2_WM_resize.jpg

50 in 39

Objective: Score two goals as Wayne Gretzky

Description: December 30, 1981. The Oilers beat the Flyers 7-5. Wayne Gretzky scored 5 goals to achieve 50 goals in 39 games a feat no other NHL player has accomplished. As Wayne Gretzky, playing in today’s NHL score 2 goals with 14:47 left in the game. CAN YOU RE-CREATE HISTORY?

Why I like it: As a Gretzky fan this is one of the Great One’s finest achievements still not equaled by anyone else. To be able to replay and recreate that moment is something special for a longtime fan of 99.

http://www.easports....le/moments-live

<p>The thing I am most happy to hear is the regional club settings how they line you up with regional connections insted of someone in Finland, Sweden, Switzerland or Germany.. But until they make these servers dedicated its always going to be the same with distance and server lag.

The skating looks super funny, and the attribute cap scares me, other then that ill buy it regardless due to the fact that I love hockey not EA.

Their is a reason why EA is listed by Forbes for being the worst managed company of 2012

http://www.forbes.co...-america-award/

Archived