The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

The thing I am most happy to hear is the regional club settings how they line you up with regional connections insted of someone in Finland, Sweeden, Switzerland or Germany.. But until they make these servers dedicated its always going to be the same with distance and server lag.

The skating looks super funny, and the attribute cap scares me, other then that ill buy it regardless due to the fact that I love hockey not EA.

Their is a reason why EA is listed by Forbes for being the worst managed company of 2011.

The thing I am most happy to hear is the regional club settings how they line you up with regional connections insted of someone in Finland, Sweden, Switzerland or Germany.. But until they make these servers dedicated its always going to be the same with distance and server lag.

The skating looks super funny, and the attribute cap scares me, other then that ill buy it regardless due to the fact that I love hockey not EA.

Their is a reason why EA is listed by Forbes for being the worst managed company of 2011.

NHL 12 never matched NA teams with EU players, at least not in EASHL. That was only in NHL 11.

I think the older games tried to match you to those closest to you but you would still meet teams from the other side of the continent.

I'm not sure if restricting the teams you can match-up to those only in your region is the best idea. Seems like a cop-out method to reducing the lag / increase the connection quality that I'm sure the majority of their customers complain about constantly.

I'm not sure the back-out "penalty" will be enough to deter people from leaving. Seems like it's going to be even tougher for good teams to find games, especially in the West region.

At times finding a game at 11 pm or midnight was tough enough because everyone out east is asleep.. Now it will be even tougher for us out west.

I foresee more hours of waiting in the dressing room searching for games. Then one of your team mates falls asleep and ruins everything.

Ive played for some clubs who hang on late, so which is the case.Ive met some at noon central in Saskatoon, to say they dont match is crazy cause they're arent many of them but there is quite a few in the top hundred, at least 10 and the majority of players in this game are from N.A doubt the got that rank from playing the small group they do have to achive that rank.

In NHL12, we constantly matched with Euro teams at late night (if there weren't any East teams available, after West-Coast of course). Obviously it was reduced compared to earlier NHL versions but it still happened.

The problem with playing in the West server is that the majority of teams are in the East, especially top teams. The West-server EASHL community is pretty dead after 1am, so I don't expect anything less for those playing NHL13.

Noon central is 10AM and I'm pretty sure I've played zero games at that time so I guess it is possible around then.

Probably going to be the same as NHL 11 and 12 for people who play around midnight or later. There are almost no east teams on at that time anyways (at least not during the weekdays) so it'll probably be about the same.

It'll be worse during the busy hours during the day. From 3PM-8PM it used to be pretty easy matching with a team, but now that we're restricted to the West only, it's going to take a while.

Archived