The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

Played 10 or so games (periods) of the demo, and here are some things that scare me as an avid NHL (and I play for Cash) player;

- Passing receptions have been toned WAAAAYYYYY down, i would say a good 30%+ of my passes right now skip over players sticks, or they just flat out miss them. Not good; especially if you play a puck possession game (not full tilt end to end).

- One timers has been scaled back as a consequence of point 1; I had a clear 2-0 and Richards muffed the soft cross crease pass. One timers all over the ice have seen players miss fire, fan, shoot WELL wide etc... Obviously more SIM than before, but annoying right now.

- Hustle can single handedly get you breakaways right now; I did a HUT tourney, got Raymond Havlat and MacDonald on a line, all you have to do is give the puck to either of them with open ice, hold the hustle button and they will blow by the defense with ease.

- Shot accuracy was curved hugely as well, and while this is a good thing in some contexts (point shots shouldnt hit the net everytime, etc) I had 4-5 breakaways where my player simply missed wide, in fact, out of all the breakaways I had this morning, I only hit the net one time. Could be a consequence of it being harder to shoot accurately while deking, so to test this I simply shot instead of throwing a deke and missed 1-2 times I tried.

- Hip checks from all angles seems to be back

-Puck is glued to your stick while hustling, your guy doesn't even pretend to handle the puck

Some good:

- Chop puck works amazing, especially in scrambles

- Speed actually matters, although refer to one of my negative points to see how it could matter too much

- New presentation is cool, until the novelty wears off I will enjoy it

- New features, menu layout, etc all work nicely

** Remember, if you play HUT to send an invite to a friend, beat the NHL Moments and win the HUT tourney for free packs.

boardplay is awful the whole magnet thing is such a stupid idea

passing is near impossible a must fix off the bat

skating feels like your on one of those old hockey games where the players are stuck to one track on the ice

shooting is okay setting up a one timer is damn near impossible

the hustle on the cpu side is over powered when im playing a junior team and they blow by nhl players something is wrong

goalies seem way to good even on rookie

deking is stiff

also seems like every time a puck goes into the boards up in the air even though im right beside it the cpu player can just come in and pick it up with little effort

if this is what the game is going to be like even with gm connected there is no way im buying this would rather play nhl 12 and buy borderlands 2

Archived