The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

A few things I've liked and disliked:

-Passing has been made much more difficult, however I feel like it is a good thing. You actually have to work to hit your players on the rush, and wait for your players to get into an open position to start a cycle. Once figure out the momentum it becomes much easier, but it still provides a challenge to get off a good pass.

-Hitting looks much better. For the most part you cant run around and destroy everybody, players who are stationary seem to realize you are coming at them and are far less likely to be destroyed than in previous games. That being said, the physics are still pretty wonky.

-One timers are slightly harder, which could be a good thing, but now it seems like they miss very easy opportunities sometimes which is a little frustrating.

-Players are much too fast when hustling, it needs to be toned down.

-Point shot accuracy is way down which I love. This also introduces some good opportunities from the puck bouncing off of the end boards and back out in front.

-Goalies are much better, most of the glitch shots from last game are no longer effective on them.

-Presentation is much better. The scenes between whistles look alright, but they are still a little awkward looking. During gameplay I've had a few weird auto-zoom moments as well.

For the most part, I feel like the game is quite a bit better than NHL 12, but it certainly still needs a lot of tuning and minor fixes.

A few things I've liked and disliked:

-Passing has been made much more difficult, however I feel like it is a good thing. You actually have to work to hit your players on the rush, and wait for your players to get into an open position to start a cycle. Once figure out the momentum it becomes much easier, but it still provides a challenge to get off a good pass.

-Hitting looks much better. For the most part you cant run around and destroy everybody, players who are stationary seem to realize you are coming at them and are far less likely to be destroyed than in previous games. That being said, the physics are still pretty wonky.

-One timers are slightly harder, which could be a good thing, but now it seems like they miss very easy opportunities sometimes which is a little frustrating.

-Players are much too fast when hustling, it needs to be toned down.

-Point shot accuracy is way down which I love. This also introduces some good opportunities from the puck bouncing off of the end boards and back out in front.

-Goalies are much better, most of the glitch shots from last game are no longer effective on them.

-Presentation is much better. The scenes between whistles look alright, but they are still a little awkward looking. During gameplay I've had a few weird auto-zoom moments as well.

For the most part, I feel like the game is quite a bit better than NHL 12, but it certainly still needs a lot of tuning and minor fixes.

- Presentation for the most part (sometimes the players look really awkward, but I'm sure they'll fix that. I like the close up shots of the players after the whistles.

- Variety of goals, it's way harder to score on a one timer, more rebound goals and goals you wouldsee in the NHL.

- Goalies are better

- Passing is harder

Dislikes:

- Skating doesn't look very realistic (mainly during speedburst) , hope they can touch it up a bit

- Hip check is still ridiculous

- I found the shadows on the payers and other things in the rink to be a bit to heavy compared to NHL 12.

Overall I like what they have done with this game, and it definitely looks a lot better than nhl 12.

Archived