The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

What you guys think of it?

NHL 11 is my favourite one and i skipped NHL 12. This is a whole lot different than 11 and more like 12. I guess all of them will be like this. Just going to have to get use to 13 but I love the skating and back skating, a lot more realistic moves I can do.

I noticed there is an in the net cam, I think that's new?

The net dislodged, and it went to the in the net cam and it was just pointing out to the side. I like how it realized the net was off. Lol.

I just poked the puck loose with Scuderi and went on a breakaway, and Scuderi fell over while I turned. :lol:

Some of the goalie saves are unbelievable. What I'm thinking is, they are probably amazing right now but once I play the game a lot it will just get annoying. I hope it doesn't make the people who suck get wins.

I would be 100% fine if they removed running the goalie after the whistle. It delays every online game, constantly, it's completely ineffective and useless, and in a real life situation, you'd never have someone run a goalie after the whistle and not get thrown out of the game. It's inclusion in NHL12 was neat, and I definitely think that we should be able to be making contact, but the most unrealistic thing about the game was the after whistle stuff. If it's in, enforce the rules rigidly. Everytime someone runs you after the whistle, give them a penalty. People would never go for that, so since we can't be trusted (the Imperial 'we', meaning the morons who can't play a game without constantly running people) to be adults, we just can't have it. Again, better than the alternative, I think. If it's true and not just removed from the demo.

Hey guys. Idk if anyone had noticed. In the intro, there is an opening scene with a player taking a slap shot. He is in a red wings jersey with a number of 13. Of course everyone thinks it has to be Datsyuk.

But wait! Look more carefully! He's taking the shot from the right side. Datsyuk is a lefty! So who is this imposter in Datsyuk's jersey taking a slap shot?

There's really only one answer.

ILLUMINATUS!

Hey guys. Idk if anyone had noticed. In the intro, there is an opening scene with a player taking a slap shot. He is in a red wings jersey with a number of 13. Of course everyone thinks it has to be Datsyuk.

But wait! Look more carefully! He's taking the shot from the right side. Datsyuk is a lefty! So who is this imposter in Datsyuk's jersey taking a slap shot?

There's really only one answer.

ILLUMINATUS!

I have to say I'm very impressed. This year's game is actually so much better. Honestly I wasn't planning on buying NHL 13 but after hearing about all the new features I got excited. I tried the demo today and now I know for sure that I'll be getting this game. They improved the skating so much and the presentation looks much nicer. I'm also excited about NHL Moments, GM Connected, as well I might finally play HUT.

Archived