The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

It might just be me, but does anyone who's played the demo on both PS3 and Xbox feel the gameplay on the Xbox is better than the PS3?

Just won the HUT tourney with a stacked team to say the least

Lucic - Stamkos - Perry

Hall - Malkin - Iginla

Malhotra - Zetterberg - Horton

Von Arx - Granlund - Fornataro

Fowler - Larsson

Murray - D. Hamilton

Gauthier-Leduc - Grant

Price

Guys, here's an easter egg.

In the demo's Play Now mode, if you begin the game with a controller on each side for human vs human competition, the third period will always begin with a 0-0 score. I played several games against a friend yesterday, and the score was always set to 0-0. It's a very smart move by EA to compensate for the lack of OT.

Also, I may have already found an exploit goal from the hash marks. If you cut in from the left side and you're left-handed, begin by pulling to the forehand as you reach the left hash marks from a 45-degree angle. Release the forehand and perform the "stutter step/quick turn" by releasing the forehand and pressing right on the left analog stick. The goaltender should overcommit to the middle of the net, opening up the left side. Hold right until your player is centered between the two hash marks, then pull to the forehand again and snap the puck towards the left post. This should go in almost always.

I've discovered a simple forehand move on a breakaway that can lead to a goal as well. As a left-handed player, enter the zone from the right side of the ice and skate towards the center of the hash marks. Just before you reach the area between the hash marks, change your skating angle so that you are now skating perpendicular to the goal crease and straight towards the net. Flick your right stick to the forehand position to fake a snap shot, then skate in a bit more, and perform a simple backhand-forehand deke while gliding to the left side of the net. This should go post-and-in nearly every time. I tried this earlier and scored this goal 10 out of 10 times at one point.

I don't mind the breakaway move as it requires a bit of space and a bit of effort. It's clever, I find, as the skating angle needs to be changed multiple times, and a faked shot is required. The first goal I mentioned, however, should probably be removed from the game.

Wow when your deking and you fake shot then go backhand 5 Hole its going in atleast 60-70 percent. There's another one that is a glitch imo where you go from the right side corner beside the net to the front slot area and aim low glove it goes in bacially everytime.

Wow when your deking and you fake shot then go backhand 5 Hole its going in atleast 60-70 percent. There's another one that is a glitch imo where you go from the right side corner beside the net to the front slot area and aim low glove it goes in bacially everytime.

My HUT is screwed up. I get an awesome team every time I boot up the game, but I ALWAYS lose connection when I go to start the tournament. I then get a far inferior team and become a sad panda.

Anyone else experience this? My HUT gameplay also seems a little laggy.

My HUT is screwed up. I get an awesome team every time I boot up the game, but I ALWAYS lose connection when I go to start the tournament. I then get a far inferior team and become a sad panda.

Anyone else experience this? My HUT gameplay also seems a little laggy.

Archived