The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

It's not overpowered, it just makes sense now. Having sticks in lanes can actually prevent things now, so it will be harder for teams who just power pass a cross crease goal through a bunch of people. That makes no sense. If I'm in the lane to intercept the pass, I should.

People who are good at poke checking should get that benefit. In NHL 12 it's pretty ineffective but you can do it if you get it right. Even then though, sometimes it doesn't work when it should.

You can be poke checking and the guy in front of you will be deking through your stick with his. Sticks shouldn't go through sticks.

It's not overpowered, it just makes sense now. Having sticks in lanes can actually prevent things now, so it will be harder for teams who just power pass a cross crease goal through a bunch of people. That makes no sense. If I'm in the lane to intercept the pass, I should.

People who are good at poke checking should get that benefit. In NHL 12 it's pretty ineffective but you can do it if you get it right. Even then though, sometimes it doesn't work when it should.

You can be poke checking and the guy in front of you will be deking through your stick with his. Sticks shouldn't go through sticks.

I used to think it was crappy, but I'm getting used to it. It's different, which is better. For years now the skating has looked the same and they made little minor tweaks. It needed a change up.

The game is the exact same. I was playing NHL 10 yesterday at my buddies and I realized how 12 is really not all that different. So many things need improving throughout the game but it improves so slowly. Such a cash grab.

The thing is, this is going to cause so many problems. People already complain about people holding onto the puck and skating around aimlessly (especially backwards from one end to the other) to waste time. Pretty much EA gave the trollers a more advanced way to do this now, and the glitchers more possibilities to score.

What's wrong with the skating is that it's way to easy to skate backwards and in circles and stuff, it doesn't even make sense.

Look at Vrbata at 2:55 of the video above... lol like what the hell is that.

Carter @ 0:53... unless your name is Patrick Kane or Martin St. Louis, nobody really does that IRL.

And there's way too much of that new *push the puck in front and skate fast* animation. I mean, the D-man was doing it while skating down from the point with the puck lol

Archived