Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2397 replies to this topic

#181 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

I think they should stall the 3 year plan or whatever the heck it is, and fix all the issues there are.
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#182 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

I cant believe the number of times my player gets glued to another person in front of the net. The puck will go into the corner, im facing the puck with a defender on my back, but It takes me 5 seconds to release from the "battle" in front of the net, so I can't get the puck. So annoying!! This better change

Yeah exactly. It really is frustrating when I can't move at all. I basically only play EASHL and I'm a type that tends to head to the front of the net quite a bit. I hate it when my buddy with the puck is trying to make a play but I can't even move behind the net or anything to help him out. I'm just stuck.

I pretty much just hold down L2 and keep jamming up on the right analog because the only thing he can try is pass it to me hoping I get it and shoot or he does something himself.

That's another problem too, when I'm tangled in front of the net sometimes it will give me a penalty. I'm not even the one doing anything, I'm a forward and the defender is the one holding me there. It gives me a roughing call. I'm not even pressing the analog stick in any way. Even if I am pressing the analog, I'll hold down L2 so it doesn't cross check.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#183 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78,729 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

307mg00.jpg

#184 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,729 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Part 2:

307mg00.jpg

#185 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

whats the unveil? 5 more legends <_<
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#186 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've been saying this for the longest time. EA needs to incorporate TEAM celebrations.

I don't like scoring a goal in EASHL and only I can celebrate while my teammates mindlessly raise their arms in the air, slowly creeping their way towards me. Team celebrations (hugs, high-fives, etc) should be added.

#187 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Giroux's awesome

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

#188 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Seriously whats the point of those 2 videos? They just show us a couple things they had in previous games. They already told us they would be incorporating something new every year in their plan.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#189 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Seriously whats the point of those 2 videos? They just show us a couple things they had in previous games. They already told us they would be incorporating something new every year in their plan.

To let us know they are still alive, lmao

Yes I agree very pointless
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#190 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,261 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Create excitement.

... It didn't work.

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#191 OilRigger89

OilRigger89

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

It's going to be a first person view while playing the game in Be A Pro, lame.

#192 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,261 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

It's going to be a first person view while playing the game in Be A Pro, lame.

Would be neat.. I guess? But if its the biggest addition then I'm gonna be pissed.

Something like this...?

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#193 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Posted Image

True Performance Skating - A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.

EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. — An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.

GM Connected — The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.

NHL Moments Live — Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.

Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team

The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.

Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.

EA also announced the collector’s edition of NHL 13 called the Stanley Cup Edition. Here is what the press release says about that:

Celebrate over 20 years of EA SPORTS NHL hockey with the first ever collector’s edition on this console generation. With Stanley Cup-inspired digital offerings, the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition includes:

Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from theWestern and Eastern Conference Champions
Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™Hockey League)
A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
A complete copy of NHL 13
The Stanley Cup Edition of NHL 13 will retail for $79.99 and will release along with the standard edition on September 11th, 2012. Check out the EA Sports NHL page for pre-order info.

full article here:
http://www.canada.co...3121/story.html

#194 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

^ Here's the vid:

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#195 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Online Be a GM. Looks like our prayers have been answered. And they should've had Datsyuk doing the "Datsyuk" in that video.

#196 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

That belly save is so stupid.. I only see a goalie make a save with that move 1 out of 50 times.. and its usually the cpu goalie.

#197 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Looks pretty sweet, I like the idea of the new skating physics. Also, I was wondering when they were going to put in the NHL Live moments.

By the sounds of it, the Special Edition isn't really up my alley, as I never really play HUT, but I like the cover.

Posted Image

#198 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Also, why is that NHL 13 Article under health? lol

#199 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,056 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

I hope the online BAGM is not going to force you to play a lot of games, not that I'm going to use it anyways due to all the rage quitting and team padding.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#200 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Same ol' crap again.

Pass.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#201 OilRigger89

OilRigger89

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hmm, it sounds alright I guess. Kinda seem's like the same ol' stuff every year?

The new skating engine, didn't they make that a couple years ago? What could they have possibly done differently to advertise this as a game changing feature?
1000 new aminations? Didn't they just add 1000 new animations last year?
EA Sports Hockey IQ? Now I'm almost positive that was added last year, it's not new, you guys made changes to it.

The Be A GM, now that's pretty cool. I myself, and a lot of my friends, have wanted this for awhile. Smart move by EA, this mode is going to get used a ton.

All in all, no matter what I always buy it anyways, hopefully they release more information between now and September with some little things they've added, like contract extensions, line chemistry, bring back the emotional metre or whatever it was.

#202 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

The (major) problem is not the game-play or all these new gimicks,

its the online servers and how crappy it is to be a high-ranked team in EASHL for PS3 - it literally can take up to 45mins - 2 hours to JUST find and play a game without either:

1) dodging
2) some sort of dressing room glitch
3) unable to connect to any teams
4) game freezing up / ready glitch

Even if they fix those things, there's a huge issue with lag when playing teams not in the western server (with the majority of teams in the east). Words cannot express how long my team and I have spent staring at a loading sign practically every night until we disbanded because of these issues.

Until they fix this, EA can go f*ck themselves.

Edited by 250Integra, 18 May 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#203 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

The (major) problem is not the game-play or all these new gimicks,

its the online servers and how crappy it is to be a high-ranked team in EASHL for PS3 - it literally can take up to 45mins - 2 hours to JUST find and play a game without either:

1) dodging
2) some sort of dressing room glitch
3) unable to connect to any teams
4) game freezing up / ready glitch

Even if they fix those things, there's a huge issue with lag when playing teams not in the western server (with the majority of teams in the east). Words cannot express how long my team and I have spent staring at a loading sign practically every night until we disbanded because of these issues.

Until they fix this, EA can go f*ck themselves.

Yeah top teams get it bad. It's pretty ridiculous.

I've had an AMATEUR Cup once and people were quitting on my team because they saw the Cup presentation. They didn't even bother to wait and read that it was only Amateur.

Most guys that see my teammate and I's stats leave too. It's stupid because most of the guys that quit are the guys with points around the same as ours. Which just lets us know just how they got so many....they quit on the good guys and only play crap teams.

They really need to fix how you can quit a game within like the first minute and have it not count at all.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#204 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,729 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sounds great ^^

Gonna get it since I didn't bought NHL 12.

307mg00.jpg

#205 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

The skating looks soooooooo much better and realistic.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#206 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

online bagm hell yeah
Posted Image

#207 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I realize that the point of the game is to make money for EA Sports but every year for the past 3 years I've been disapointed when I bought the game and tried it out. I don't know how the developers cannot feel a little guilty about selling basically the same game every year. It seems like they just slap a new cover on the disc and box and ship i out.
Some of the player head shots are two to three years old. The very least they can do is upgrade those.
The create a team options also need to be expanded. I don't see what the big deal in adding more team names and logo options. Have a expansion team option. Allow users to create custom jerseys for their favorite team and use them i game. Let the user design goalie masks. Have a retired player list that has hundreds of former players that can be selected for use.
While I realize that draft rankings change from week to week, have a downloadable realistic prospect rating system for the CHL players. I'm tired of getting Yakupov, Murray, Rielly, Dumba and Ceci all in the same draft with 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. It doesn't have to be perfect but would be a very easy upgrade.
Make the fighting more enthusiastic and not so staged. I like fighting but it gets old when every fight looks the same and the characters repeat the same actions in the cut screens every time. While your at it, change the frickin Stanley Cup presentation that you've been using for 5 + years! Make the team photo have a full team on it instead of a dozen players or so.
On BeAGM, fix the contract problems. I don't want to develop a young play for three years in the minors only to have to pay him over 3 million after never playing a game in the NHL! If a player is on the Free Agent list for weeks on end, start decreasing his salary demands quicker. This will solve the problem of players rotting away unsigned.
Basically what I'm saying is fix the presentation and give us some added features and stop trying to adjust the skating physics every year.
After seeing some of the changes they have made over the last ten years, it seems to me like most of the things I mentioned would not be that difficult to do.
Hopefully someone at EA in charge of design ideas actually reads this forum. If not, they're not doing their job.

End of rant.

#208 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

If new skating animations are what EA is promoting, hopefully there will be a variety of diferent skating strides available based on height, weight and attributes.

They really need to fix how you can quit a game within like the first minute and have it not count at all.

There can be a simple fix to this. Here is my proposal:

Every month, EA would provide each club with three "free quits", allowing teams to quit within the first minute of an EASHL match without penalty. Each time one of these quits is used, it would be deducted until the team no longer has any that month. Any subsequent quits that month would result in the standard quitting penalty. At the end of each month, the "free quits" would replenish and return to three. Such free "opt out cards" would not carry over to the following month, so if a team has not used any quits by the end of the month, they would still only have three at the start of the next month.

This means players should only quit when a player drops from a game, as quitting would have to be done sparingly.

Also, if a team has been created after the 10th of that month, that team would only receive two quits for the first month of its existence. Likewise, if a team has been created after the 20th of that month, it would only receive one quit in its inaugural month.

Edited by WeatherWise, 18 May 2012 - 07:38 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#209 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

"

EASHL, the EA SPORTS online hockey league has received a number of new improvements including the ability to choose club captains, a region based matchmaking system designed to reduce lag and the addition of procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game."

I'm really loving the addition of captains.

I wonder what these "procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game" are.

Edited by trav_have, 18 May 2012 - 08:42 PM.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#210 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

"

EASHL, the EA SPORTS online hockey league has received a number of new improvements including the ability to choose club captains, a region based matchmaking system designed to reduce lag and the addition of procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game."

I'm really loving the addition of captains.

I wonder what these "procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game" are.

Region based matchmaking system? :rolleyes:

Don't they already have that? :picard:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.