The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Can't Feel Bad About Losing To La

Rock Pile

They were never a bad team. Sure they were the 8th seed but they finished with 95 points, that's still almost 100; not too shabby.

Having said that however, the Canucks beat themselves that series and SHOULD feel bad about losing to LA (and they do).

How can they not? All they talked about was finishing what they started last year and even the trades they made were geared simply for playoff success. For all of that all they get out of it is 1 win? There is NOTHING good about that, I'm sorry.

Guest BuckFoston

Oh look another thread about rainbows and sunshine and pep talks as to how we can't feel bad about being bounced because the team we faced is actually not total rubbish like some dimwits thought. No... a team that made it to the playoffs is actually for real. You don't say.

The Canucks all season were playijng subpar and we backed our way into the presidents trophy and 1st round, are last 9-10 games were true team games, but after that in the 1st round, nada, defensive lapses, certain players not bringing it, they may have past us in the 1st round, but when our team is on its game, they can't compete, just clog up the neutral zone and wait for the other team to make a mistake, back to before the lockout. Are they really the better team. I'd wait one more year and look at hte results and go from there, it is going to be the same thing, we are going to be the cream of the crop and the kings are going to be fighting for 8th spot. but i digress, parity makes things alot more interesting, spreading the talent around certainly makes things more interesting.

LA didnt even play that well against us in my opinion. Kopitar , Richards and especially Carter were pretty invisible .

Canucks definitely played themselves out of the playoffs more then we were outplayed.

No doubt about it though, they are playing well now. This is why i was afraid of them.

I'd say trade for Yakupov but he's unproven. We really, really need a high scoring Russian.

If only we could pry Malkin away from Pittburgh.. Kesler, 1st, Raymond and Edler for Malkin and Michalek? $12,700,000 cap hit coming our way, and $10,800,000 going their way. Just don't resign Pahlsson, and let Schroeder play.

I'd say trade for Yakupov but he's unproven. We really, really need a high scoring Russian.

If only we could pry Malkin away from Pittburgh.. Kesler, 1st, Raymond and Edler for Malkin and Michalek? $12,700,000 cap hit coming our way, and $10,800,000 going their way. Just don't resign Pahlsson, and let Schroeder play.

Archived