The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Can't Feel Bad About Losing To La

Rock Pile

Canucks will never win with the Twins..they are good hockey payers during the regular season but tend to disappear in the playoffs.

We need a captain that is a warrior...like a Shane Doan , a Dustin Brown etc

and you need a 1 st defenceman type a Pronger a Chara a Weber etc.

Until we have those 2 elements in place ..we will never win the cup.

We cannot score and our defense core is not physical enough.

The Kings are clearly the hungriest team in the playoffs. This team wants to win. Reminds me of our Canucks last year. Difference is that the Kings are not as good a team. But effort will often make up for skill and winning also gives players confidence and makes them play better. You start to believe and then you work harder and the hard work pays off. I can see the Kings coming out of the west and possibly winning the cup.

Best 2 teams left in the playoffs are the Rangers and the Predators. But Mike Smith is going to do in Nashville. And believe me when i say that i am cheering for washington to KO the Rangers. I have had a hate on for the Rangers for about 18 years now.

Which leaves us our Canucks. People it is very simple. This team did not want it this year. No where near bad enough. In fact, they looked like they expected to win. Everybody was just going to roll over and let them win eventhough they were playing at half speed. What the Canucks brought to the playoffs had zero chance of doing anything. We aren't talking about skill we are talking about effort. The biggest difference between the team that fell short last year and the team that was a really easy out this year was all about will to win and hard work. They let themselves get out worked by a hungrier opponent. Call a spade a spade. They only have the man in the mirror to blaim for being on the golf course instead of on the ice.

Canucks will never win with the Twins..they are good hockey payers during the regular season but tend to disappear in the playoffs.

I think part of the problem is we need a big hard nosed, no BS captain as well.. a guy who will help keep the team accountable from the *no excuse* frame of mind. Sorry but the either one of the sedins don't seem to have that personality. the same with a coach, AV mixed with Don cherry would be good as weird as that sounds it would help but AV doesn't seem to have the personality on his own either but we seem to have a case of... how do i put it? a fragile team ego still left over from yrs ago from the first chicago series but it needs to go

We have about 3 years with our current core to stay in the top 4 teams of the NHL. A tweak in O and D are required. MG is going to have a great summer.

If anything, what LA and the coyotes are doing is making me even more upset. After that stupid turnover in game one to give up a goal with just over 3 minutes left in the third, do we get mad? Lou kept us in the game and we should have had it - but mistakes happen. No, in game 2 we have shots but those were not finished shots where guys are in front taking a beating. We make even more mistakes and we loose again. We should have been a mountain of pain in game 2. We knew that we had 7 days and one game (game 4) to recover from an all out beat down in game 2. Instead we make more stupid mistakes. And that does it.

We should be playing the Preds and taking them out right now, except this year in 5. Coyotes and Blues could do whatever pathetic thing they want, we should be setting up to blow them out of the water right now. But that is just fantasy because 60+ million worth of talent just did not want to work.

I don't get why we're making excuses still because there is no excuse for us losing other than the fact that LA was simply better, they tried everything. Put Schneider in for Lu, got Daniel back, mixed up the lines. nothing worked

I bet "

Kassian's Tooth

"

does not build things for a living. While insanity is defined as "doing exactly the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome", stupidiy is to be avoided as well. Tossing out our core would be stupid. A solid 2nd line forward and a D better than anyoone we have is about all the tweaking we need.

Archived