The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen 7Th Best Winger In The Ohl According To Hockey's Future

Bilbro Baggins

I asked this question on another topic but haven't gotten a reply:

Can he play in the AHL next year?

I thought you had to be 20 by new years if you're coming out of junior.

But ... this article says that the Wolves say he will be eligible: http://www2.canada.c...html?id=6477499

The quote is "According to the Wolves, Jensen is eligible to play in the AHL next season."

What's the deal? I'd love to see him with the Wolves +call ups. Great for development and allows him to make the jump, if ready, with a landing spot if he still needs seasoning.

What are you confused about? Jensen is going to need some time with the Wolves to develop....why rush him? Kassian needs to be developed as well so I am confused why we would trade for a player that needs work. That is not to say that Kasssian is not a good aquisition but so far he has been fighting for 4th line minutes.

If you throw Jensen out there in a top 6 position (or Kassian) next year, they are bound to be exploited by other teams and end up getting benched and frustrated. Just give them some time to get some confidence with the Wolves.

Jensen may get an emergency callup and that is as it should be. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kassian and Jensen ferried back and forth between Vancouver and Chicago this coming year.

Jensen was one of the last to get cut from last year's training camp. I think he will get a really hard long look this time as well. AV is clearly high on him, and if MacT is head coach (fingers crossed), he has first hand experience working with him aswell.

I've watched Jensen's highlights from the Wolves and he looks great. Goes to the dirty areas and backchecks hard.

Archived