The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen Needs To Play Next Year

Enough babbling about needing more offence then suggesting we trade for it all. This kid has some unreal skills in his arsenal and deserves a chance at the top 6 next year. It's time to start actually letting our rookies play if they're capable. Teams like Boston, Philadelphia, etc.. They all do it. It's Vancouver's time to do it. I want to see him given the chance.

He has to earn it. We've got a team of solid, proven NHLers. If he outplays at least 6 of them, then he can get his chance on the 2nd line, maybe even the first. But, we aren't just going to let him play because he has to potential.

We need a couple rookies and a couple veterans for balance. Oh how I dream of Selanne in a Canucks jersey, sadly it will never happen.

I hate how AV only dresses players that will win him the game that night. No room for rookies in his system. If that doesn't change then we don't have to worry about getting good draft picks since they will all want out anyways. I also dislike how they pick people who have the best training camp and completely disregard everything else they have done up to that point. I can't imagine something more demoralizing to a young players confidence. "Sorry kid, you have tried hard your whole life and accomplished a lot already, but since this one training camp sucked, we are taking that other bum who has sucked 90% of the year but tried hard this one time."

In this instance, I could see why Gary Roberts would have liked to call MG a moron.

He had some pretty solid numbers with Oshawa but they gotta be careful not to push him past his abilities. I think he is a couple of AHL seasons away from making the big team. If they are patient, I'm betting he's gonna be star in the NHL and a steal at 29th over all. The beauty of Jensen is that he play's both wings effectively. I can see him nest to Kesler in a couple of years.

He has to earn it. We've got a team of solid, proven NHLers. If he outplays at least 6 of them, then he can get his chance on the 2nd line, maybe even the first. But, we aren't just going to let him play because he has to potential.

Archived