Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Erik Karlsson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 jj99

jj99

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

http://www.ottawacit...3324/story.html

Murray calls up Gillis and say's we can't sign this guy. Give us Edler and you can have him.......

Do you?

#2 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Edler is not worth Karlsson...

Serious underpayment

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#3 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

No way in hell that the Sens don't sign him. I'm pretty sure they would let go of Spezza before Karlsson, no joke.
Posted Image

#4 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Karlsson IS Ottawa.

Offersheet him 20 million/2 years and maybe you have a small chance of not getting matched.

#5 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Offersheet him 20 million/2 years and maybe you have a small chance of not getting matched.

I get the sentiment, but I doubt Ottawa would match that. I'd personally fly over to Canada and stab Gillis if he did it mind :)

#6 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'd personally start calling M.G. Mike the MaGician if he pulled this off. If this works I doubt it'd be too much to ask for Murray to do Ryan Parent for Jared Cowen, heck give us Chris Phillips! :rolleyes:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#7 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Not happening.

/thread.
Posted Image

#8 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Karlsson overtook Spezza as the catalyst of the team this season. No chance in hell that Murray can't/won't sign him. If Gillis was to trade for Karlsson, it starts with Kesler + Edler. In other words, no chance it happens for both teams.

But boy would he and the Sedin's look brilliant on the PP together

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Karlsson is a norris candidate, was the runaway points leader by a defenseman...he can fetch $7-8M/year if he wanted.

I'd love to see him in a Canucks Jersey though.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#10 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

I get the sentiment, but I doubt Ottawa would match that. I'd personally fly over to Canada and stab Gillis if he did it mind :)

They might...

It is only 2 years and they'd likely have the cap space. If they lost Karlsson... they'd be taking like 4 or 5 steps backwards.

#11 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

No way in hell that the Sens don't sign him. I'm pretty sure they would let go of Spezza before Karlsson, no joke.

I agree they would probably trade Spezza for some solid offensive pieces Karlsson is too much of an important piece for a key position
Posted Image

#12 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

i love karlsson. I would trade them both Ballard AND Edler and Raymond for Karlsson, then sign him 2 years for $7mil. Ottawa would get two ready to play defensemen on their lineup. For what Karlsson will demand from Ottawa, they can now have two defensemen.

We can fit Karlsson at 7mil if both almost just on Ballard and Raymond alone. Losing Edler and Luongo's contract will give us alot more wiggle room.

Edler's contract would cover the increase for Schneider (maybe $3mil a year?) and combined with Lu's contract, we MAY have upwards up $6mil to spend.

If we can trade Luongo/Schroeder back to Florida for Fleishmann and Garrisson, we'd be good to go!

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Fleishmann - Pahlsson - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Karlsson - Garrison
Salo - Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Done!

#13 BobMckenzieJR

BobMckenzieJR

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

i love karlsson. I would trade them both Ballard AND Edler and Raymond for Karlsson, then sign him 2 years for $7mil. Ottawa would get two ready to play defensemen on their lineup. For what Karlsson will demand from Ottawa, they can now have two defensemen.

We can fit Karlsson at 7mil if both almost just on Ballard and Raymond alone. Losing Edler and Luongo's contract will give us alot more wiggle room.

Edler's contract would cover the increase for Schneider (maybe $3mil a year?) and combined with Lu's contract, we MAY have upwards up $6mil to spend.

If we can trade Luongo/Schroeder back to Florida for Fleishmann and Garrisson, we'd be good to go!

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Fleishmann - Pahlsson - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Karlsson - Garrison
Salo - Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Done!

:picard:

#14 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

No way in hell Karlsson is going anywhere. He'll sign with Ottawa. He's too important to that team.

#15 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

I can guarantee that Karlsson will be locked up long term.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.