The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach Av Staying Silent

It would actually be good to hear some passion from AV in his interviews. It's the same boring comments. No passion, no anger at performances. I would love someone like Babcock or Torts here even though that's not going to happen.

As others have pointed out - in 5 seasons of AV coaching we made it out of the second round once. He has been outcoached in each of the 4 seasons the Canucks made the playoffs yet we blame it on the goalie or the star player not scoring etc etc etc. Good caoches fins ways to win series without star players etc. Fact of the matter is he is money in the bank if you want a Presidents trohpy but come playoffs he has been outcoached in series after series. Whether it be not pulling your goalie when he struggles or something as simple as calling a damn time out when the team is struggling in a game AV IMHO has not gotten the job done.

Look at how he has handled players from Hodgson to Ballard to Raymond - I appreciate all he has done for this organization but the fact remains he does not have the coaching skill to get us that coveted trophy and the clock is ticking on this team. Time to try a different approach (and why does everyone automatically assume it will be MacT - there are other good coaches out there looking for work

Again, I thought I was the only one to notice that. Last year we came to within 1 lucky bounce of the fate we met this year. Of course, every time I posted that fact this year all I heard was we came within 1 win of the cup. Not to deny that, but it's equally blind to deny we missed a 1st round exit by 1 goal.

It's been stated in the media that Gillis has yet to meet with management and won't until next week. Gillis will not meet with AV until after that. Afterall, he may determine following a season review, or be instructed by ownership, to fire the coach/coaching staff.

The Canucks took a lot of heat when Nonis met with the press at the end of the seaosn, then was fired after.

I think what they are doing is appropriate, and not a conspiracy of any kind.

AV was spotted at the airport within the last week, so is probably taking some down time away from Canuck fans until he gets the call from Gillis.

Man seriously - you need to get a new line to use. You jump into threads and hammer anyones opinion that does not agree with yours (much like your avid support of Raymond and willingness to cut down anyone who questions his level of play) with your standard " armchair experts" comment

I don't have an issue with you disagreeing with mine and others opinions but your condescending attistude and labelling of us is getting old - make up a counter argument thats valid. fact of the matter is Julien has a championship - AV doesn't. Who is the more successful coach. Or look at Quenville - who has also outcoached AV in a playoffs series - he has a championship as well.

lot's things going on, coach is just one of them down the pipeline.

Aquilini have to decide what to do with MG, and Lui situation. I suspect they will not be thrilled with trading Lui. Italians are loyal, lui is their man. If MG gets his extension, then AV will get his situation taken care of.

AV has to be silent, since there's so much uncertainty with the team. this happens when a team under achieves.

In the entire time here, when AV's star goaltenders only played average, we'd start losing and it was the goalies fault, but when they played awesome, AV was a coaching genius? If AV had got the team to win when the goalies were just mediocre, i'd say, wow, he coached the team well into compensating for the goalies play, but that wasn't the case. AV is a decent coach that lucked into a great situation here, and has been the only coach to have that advantage in Vancouver. He got outwitted by pretty much every coach he went up against when countering one another's strategy was needed. I'll take my chances with a new coach.

Archived