Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#1 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

POPULAR

@D_Booth7: In Alberta trying to kill a few bruins. #unleashthefury

@D_Booth7: Just killed a Chara sized bruin! 7ft black bear- 21in skull. http://t.co/Myg25nQo

Check out the picture!

Video if it changes any of your opinions or not.

@D_Booth7: You all know i shot a bear heres how http://t.co/1qIsSDGy you have every right not to watch just like i have the right to choose to hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCRQMjZ9r8

Update: More crap

I seriously dont understand this guy

(May 19) Yesterday Kesler tweeted this

@Ryan_Kesler: Good morning everyone not a cloud in the sky #boatday

(May 20) Today Booth tweets this. Honestly what the hecks up with this guy? He clearly doesnt give a crap about the fans and is trying to tick them off and basically saying screw you.

@D_Booth7: Good morning everyone. Not a cloud in the sky #huntday

I bet this is how it feels when Lapierre pisses off players on the ice!

Edited by PlayStation, 20 May 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#2 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

POPULAR

I hear Shane O'Brien's also been hunting...

Cougars in Vegas. So far he's only caught crabs though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Well at least he's not clubbing seals. <_<
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

POPULAR

This is what ppl do with their extra money?

Sad... Now fight the bear with a knife then i would call that sport.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#5 JRSJ

JRSJ

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

POPULAR

He hunts with bows.

Posted Image

#6 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,847 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Now to get the Shrek a.k.a Lucic.
Posted Image

#7 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Now to get the Shrek a.k.a Lucic.

I think I'd describe Lucic as Bigfoot. A big dumb ape.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I saw that too.
Posted Image

#9 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

POPULAR

He hunts with bows.

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#10 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

POPULAR

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

For the first time ever, I agree with you. Unless it's for population control or food I'm not a big fan of it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

He hunts with bows.

Cool, how do you know that?
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#12 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

POPULAR

Hunting is not a good soprt. Animals die unnecessarily.

#13 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,946 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

POPULAR

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#14 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

This is what ppl do with their extra money?

Sad... Now fight the bear with a knife then i would call that sport.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#15 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

POPULAR

Don't judge. <_<
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

View PostTheChosen1, on 03 February 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#16 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,099 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

POPULAR

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

I posted this here but I do agree with you, I could never be able to do something like that. But people were raised differently, and hunting once used to be necessary for food and such and so I guess it's carried on through some families generations... But I personally am not a fan.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#17 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

POPULAR

i'm not a fan of killing intelligent and beautiful mammals.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#18 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

black bears are rarely aggressive as well its not like a grizzly bear which will rip your face off if it sees you.

#19 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

POPULAR

OK, first of all - I'm not a hunter, but I notice a lot of people don't understand how it works, so, not to sound like a jerk or anything let me explain it to you.

First of all it is extremely regulated, its not just a bunch of people shooting anything that moves. The M and R survays specific zones: A, B, C, etc... They determine zone A can sustain 25 healthy moose, deer, bear, whatever. If zone A has 35 of said animal they issue 10 tags. Hunters purchase these tags, usually as groups and if ONE person in the group kills one that is that. They tag it and are done, the M and R then inspects it. If you are caught killing an in season animal without a tag the reprocussions are severe and you could lose your car, your house, and large fines, also jail time.

Bear is the only animal that can be baited. If you are caught baiting any other animal again you are severely punished.

#20 Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is that Kris Draper on Booth's left?

PS, I hate bear hunting. Especially Grizzly bear hunting.

Edited by Mr. S, 01 May 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Fire Bettman.

#21 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

I have to agree, what an unecessary waste of a beautiful animal. Unless you are hunting to survive this is just cruel. Somehow I don't see Booth as needing that bear to "survive"
Not that I have knowledge of this but I just can't see why this would be a justifiable act for a religious man, killing one of God's creatures for 'fun/sport/entertainment'
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#22 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

POPULAR

First off..."Baiting" as you describe is illegal in Canada. It is common on the USA and I do not agree with it.

Some do hunt deer from a stand because they follow game trails but being killed from above is not uncommon for deer as that is how COugar hunt them, and a cougar death is much more violent than an arrow.

As for bear...most are "still hunted" which means you are on the ground "stalking" them. To ensure a kill, this usually means getting inside 50 yards to get a clean shot with a bow ehich requires considerable talent. There is significant risk to the hunter and if you have ever tried stalking a wild animal to within 50 yards you will know how much the animal has the advantage with their ears and sense of smell.

Bear kills are regulated for population control. Unfortunately, because of habitat loss due to the encroachment on their territory by humand (non-hunters in most cases), all wild animals are prone to death by starvation if their populations are not "managed. It is a fact of man's population increase and inhabiting of more and more lands.

More damage is done to wildlife through habitat encroachment, polllution and road kills than by all hunting of all species combined.

You don'ty have to agree with what Booth is doing but at least understand the facts before trashing it. I (who have hunted with a bow and rifle) do not agree with trophy hunting and hope that's not what he is doing.

If you eat meat of any kind, you are simpy paying someone else to kill your food for you. What domestic animals go through at a slaughter house is far worse than a wild animal being killed in its natural surroundings. It's called the food chain.

As for the Vegans out there, all that beautiful farm land that grows your veggies used to be bottom land that was the main habitat for all the species you so love. More animals have been wiped out by that habitat loss than by hunting.

Sorry to rant but it gets tiring hearing the same old BS.

#23 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

OK, first of all - I'm not a hunter, but I notice a lot of people don't understand how it works, so, not to sound like a jerk or anything let me explain it to you.

First of all it is extremely regulated, its not just a bunch of people shooting anything that moves. The M and R survays specific zones: A, B, C, etc... They determine zone A can sustain 25 healthy moose, deer, bear, whatever. If zone A has 35 of said animal they issue 10 tags. Hunters purchase these tags, usually as groups and if ONE person in the group kills one that is that. They tag it and are done, the M and R then inspects it. If you are caught killing an in season animal without a tag the reprocussions are severe and you could lose your car, your house, and large fines, also jail time.

Bear is the only animal that can be baited. If you are caught baiting any other animal again you are severely punished.

No one was saying that it's illegal, just unethical.
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#24 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,076 posts

Is that Kris Draper on Booth's left?

PS, I hate bear hunting. Especially Grizzly bear hunting.

lol, ya I was wondering the same thing, sure looks like him
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#25 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

POPULAR

Also, every hunter I know are the most respectful of nature, and the animals they get. They use all of it and don't waste any.

What's the differance between killing a deer and eating the meat, and buying beef from a store that was killed on a farm?

#26 40moreyears

40moreyears

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

POPULAR

Sooo..is Booth going to eat the bear, or just stuff it? I wonder if Jesus is cool with a millionare sport hunting.

#27 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

POPULAR

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

#28 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

POPULAR

totally shocked by all the negative comments in this thread. but i guess that's to be expected when most of you are big city kids...

what makes this bear any different than your last hamburger? or your nice chicken dinner? those were animals too...

#29 nwo

nwo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

POPULAR

Hunting bears for fun is disgusting.

#30 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

POPULAR

Sooo..is Booth going to eat the bear, or just stuff it? I wonder if Jesus is cool with a millionare sport hunting.

That's a pretty off -colour comment! I'd be willing to bet that Booth knows more about nature and has more respect for it than you.

Most of the funds and volunteers for animal conservation work come from the hunting communities. HOw much do you contribute?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.