Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlayStation

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

771 posts in this topic

I've got nothing against hunting, but posting the picture on twitter is in bad form, and shows poor judgement. Why advertise it? At best, no one will care, at worst, people will be offended with what you're doing and not like you as much. No one has ever accused Booth of not keeping his opinions to himself, so this lack of judgement isn't suprising.

yeah but cougars are animals and we are not. we possess emotions like empathy. cougars don't hunt for fun. they eat their victims and they don't pose for stupid pictures with the carcass of their kill.

i'm going to have to disagree. there is no considerable risk to the hunter. how many animals are killed? how many hunters are killed? the animals have no idea that they're about to get something shot at them and cannot plan for that eventuality. it's not a fair fight in any way.

pointing out other ways in which humans are horrible doesn't really help here. if it's wrong, it's wrong, and it shouldn't happen.

look i hear what you're saying about animal control, but honestly there's got to be a better way. if anything, i'd be happier controlling their reproductive system then abruptly ending a life. i just don't like the way it's made into entertainment for people. slaughterhouses are terrible and should be way more humane, but no one enjoys killing the animals. they're killed and then every possible piece of them is used.

i just find it pathetic for people to pose with a large dead bear and think that makes them virile. any 12 year old can aim and shoot with training.

even assuming hunting has to be done, and that it's a tradition that should continue, posting an all-smiles picture like that on twitter is beyond bad taste. killing that amazing animal was nothing more than an opportunity for entertainment and bragging rights. where's the humility at having ended a life of such a magnificent animal?

Can someone show me in the bible where it says: "Thou shall not hunt a bear and take a picture of it after it's shot"

Everyone to their own.

However what I am not comfortable with is broadcasting the death of a beautiful wild beast, with a picture on a social website. Is that really in line with his religion? I think it cheapens the whole act.

The native american indians honoured their prey before using it to provide food, clothing and other utensils. They were not Christians.

What in (pardon the pun) holy hell does religion have to do with this?

Are you so naive to think that until the last 50-75 years hunting was nearly unregulated.

You know how many Christians have hunted for food, for fun, for trophy over the years?

Why bring religion in to it? It makes no sense.

He isn't native, and even so, he would only have to thank the bear for it's life to feed his family, and then it's all good.

What a crap argument.

The native Indians you Speak of drove heards of buffalo off cliffs, yes they used some of the meat fur and bone but not much, most was wasted. I understand that because of there limited hunting tools hunting like this may have been the only way to survive but to put them on a higher pedestal is wrong.

They also celebrated a kill and gave thanks. I woud not be surprised if tehy smiled. They didn't have cameras but they told stories of the hunt and drew poictures on hides an cave walls.

Kind of the same thing.

NICE SHOOTING BOOTH!

I have to LOL at all the people who think they know anything about hunting and claim it to be unethical. Sport hunting and fishing is the MOST ethical way of getting meat. Also, I am sure that Booth and those fellas with him will be splitting up the fine sausage made from that bear.

Commercial/Industrial meat farming is ruining the environment and is cruel to animals, remember that when you bite into your next BigMac, or when you buy steaks from the grocery store.

NICE SHOOTING BOOTH!

I have to LOL at all the people who think they know anything about hunting and claim it to be unethical. Sport hunting and fishing is the MOST ethical way of getting meat. Also, I am sure that Booth and those fellas with him will be splitting up the fine sausage made from that bear.

Commercial/Industrial meat farming is ruining the environment and is cruel to animals, remember that when you bite into your next BigMac, or when you buy steaks from the grocery store.

i'm not a vegetarian. but i think there is a difference between killing a wild bear and a captive cow. I'm not opposed to killing animals, and indeed sometimes it is necessary because of overpopulation.

i've taken care of cows. cows are dumb as a rock. they don't have meaningful relationships. they go around being cows, eating and pooping, until one day someone hits them on the head real good. then we cut all the food off of them.

bears are beautiful. they're smart and depending on the kind of bear they're social, and curious. this may be an artificial or superficial line to make, but it's the same one that makes it easy to squash an ant, and hard to kill a dog.

there's a reason we shy away from killing whales and horses and dogs and dolphins. killing a bear, to me, falls in that category.

either way what really, really, bugs me about this whole thing, isn't even killing the bear. I can imagine good people, with different beliefs than mine, going out and killing a bear. but the way this image was just posted on twitter with the grins and everything, just makes it seem as if they didn't really care about this bear at all.

i've known hunters, and all of them have extreme respect for the animals they kill and extreme humility and thankfulness for nature, and animals in general. killing a bear should not be "oh hey, look what i did today" or "look at me, i'm such a man" or anything even remotely close. maybe it was just a clumsy move, but to me this oozes trophy killing.

what did this bear die for? food? booth ate the bear? or did this help booth's subsistence in any way? did it help anyone else's? or was it just a fun day out, coulda went out bowling but instead i shot a bear, look at me i'm so awesome?

The problem is there is no balance with humans, we have the ability and technology to keep people alive where otherwise they would die.

Nature doesn't have this problem, there is balance.

We come along and frack up the balance, we are the problem.

Can't wait for the day that mother nature strikes back, the balance is restored.

/rant

1) you're assuming that is what he is doing with no proof. assumption is the mother of all f-ups!

2) noone who has posted here today has condoned trophy hunting

3) The bear population has to be culled or they would literally overrun human settlement. IT's isn't alwasy easy to know which bear is tougher and there is seldom time to give them a physical before shooting them.

Far too many Bambi and Boo Boo fans around here.

If you live in this society, you are equally responsible for habitat loss and the death of all animals by whatever means. IF they aren't hunted, they will be killed in cities and towns. They're just as dead either way.

Uhhhh actually there are tons of pics from each of his hunts. He posts them on his facebook page, does that count??

but do they have a chance at killing you? i'm not saying it's easy to hunt, i'm saying the whole"it's a fair fight" talk is BS.

the animals have two options: escape or death.

since they have no freakin idea what a gun is, the odds are tipped in the chance of death

yup, we create massive imbalance, you know, the kind created when you put 7 billion people and a planet that can sustain 3 billion at the most. So, yeah, you gotta feed those people and if you need to farm commercially to feed them, then what has to be done has to be done. BUT if a person has the ability to find their own food, and not be a part of the evil farming industry, we should be thanking them not hating. David Booth, as a hunter who supports the eating of wild meat is more of an environmentalist than the fools who condemn his actions as unethical.

Mother nature won't have the opportunity to strike back for a long long time, humans, are just to damn smart and keep adapting, and and creating technology to prevent mother nature from taking the earth back.

In my opinion the only hope "mother nature" has is if humans find a way to go to other planets to colonize and we turn the earth into one big nature preserve.

Dude stanleycanucks... You need to chill. No one here said hunting for trophy is awesome. Everyone has been mainly been talking about hunting for food. You've been just lashing out on people based on your own speculations. Even if you disagree with someone doesn't mean you need to post 12 times within 10 mins because youre not gonna change someone's mind on the Internet. So just leave it be and move on

This thread is hilarious. All these high and mighty animal rights freaks typing away about how unethical and wrong and disgusting this is, as they eat their leftover steak dinner for lunch. What a bunch of f!&king hypocrites. I've never hunted in my life, but I have no problem with hunters doing their thing as long as they abide to the regulations and keep it legal.

This thread is hilarious. All these high and mighty animal rights freaks typing away about how unethical and wrong and disgusting this is, as they eat their leftover steak dinner for lunch. What a bunch of f!&king hypocrites. I've never hunted in my life, but I have no problem with hunters doing their thing as long as they abide to the regulations and keep it legal.

Booth isn't living off the land, he goes out once a year and kills a bear or deer etc.

He'll come back to civilization and eat store bought/domestic food

I think mother nature will via a virus or some type of infection that will wipe out hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, don't know when but it's bound to happen.

Or maybe we'll just nuke the place.

I think a lot of anger shown in thread isn't actually towards Booth but humans in general.

Will we change? Probably not. Will it cost us in the end? Mostly likely. So much for superior intelligence.