Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlayStation

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

771 posts in this topic

i completely hear what you're saying about the arbitrary nature of this distinction (and i acknowledged that in the post you quoted). however, this distinction is not a beauty contest. i suppose it's an intelligence contest. the closer animals are to us, the more i think we need to be weary of slaughtering them. killing an ant or a mosquito is what it is. bears are SO smart, so different from cows. i don't find them pretty. i find them scary and smelly. they take the most ridiculous craps in my yard. someone very very close to me was once very very close to bear, and that bear was between her and the house and she had a dog at the end of a leash that was barking at it. it was frightening and shocking, and i still think bears deserve better than to be killed at a distance and be broadcast for the world to see.

I hunt. I understand why people get uncomfortable about it. But I feel like those people who don't like hunting should respect the fact that I do. I would be lying if I said the only reason I hunt is for the food. It is a major factor, but I also enjoy getting out in the woods, hanging with buddies and the overall experience. I can say though that if food was out of the picture, I could not justify killing the animal.

Elk and Moose are very tasty animals. It is also way cheaper to get your meat by hunting, especially if you can butcher the animal yourself.

I want to say something about a comment I saw on the first page, which is about as far as I got, about hunting being a rich mans sport. It isn't. In fact, its very cheap to get into hunting.

Anyway, if you eat meat you shouldn't complain about hunters, they just have the balls to do what you don't. If you are a vegetarian, well, bitch away.

Then you don't want to read this...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their crap doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life crapting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a crap about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, asshole? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's ass every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our asses (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

*Note: many people have asked me permission to make shirts using the image at the top of this page. As a convenience to you, I've made some of my own to help you out with this campaign, check them out here: http://store.theworstpageintheuniverse.com/

After reading this thread I only have one thing to say.

Really? (said with a turned head and perplexed tone) I get we're on the internets and have very little to do but some of you people need to find a hobby. Try hunting.

Hunting puppies is something you should do with no weapons, just your hands.

(But my wife might not like me getting my hands on some puppies)

;)

Wooohoo!!!

Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He's taking some serious heat on twitter

Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded

Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

Should have just let that thing roam. I'm not down with hunting for "sport". Booth of all people, preaching his religion any chance he gets.

He's taking some serious heat on twitter

Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded

Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

Wooohoo!!!

Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.

bearam.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't understand why people are so upset about this. US presidents go hunting as well and they don't take so much heat.

I think its just an excuse to blame Booth for his bad performance on the ice and our early exit of the SCP.

I have yet to see a logically consistent argument on why we should not hunt.

Killing anything sucks. If we all made it our highest purpose to preserve life in every way possible what an amazing world this would be. We are all stuck on this spinning chunk of rock in a great void. The life we know on earth is the only life we know of - all is precious.

To kill for fun, pleasure, excitement, thrill, ego, pride, or even a religious view that God gave us the supreme dominion over animals so it is our right, to me, is something we need to mentally and spiritually evolve beyond as a species together.

Every life that is lost is like a candle that gets extiguished, and in turn makes the Universe a little darker.

I have no argument from a legal standpoint and I have no argument for killing out of neccessity. I am even of the mind that the way we farm animals is more atrocious than this form of hunting. My point of view is only one that regards the creation and preservation of life as the highest moral achievment a sentient being can strive to attain.

Then you don't want to read this...

http://www.thebestpa...c.cgi?u=sponsor

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their crap doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life crapting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a crap about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, asshole? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's ass every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our asses (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

*Note: many people have asked me permission to make shirts using the image at the top of this page. As a convenience to you, I've made some of my own to help you out with this campaign, check them out here: http://store.thewors...heuniverse.com/

How many of the anti-Booth crowd are vegetarian? I'm guessing less than 5%. What's the difference between him killing a bear and the systematic killing of animals in factory farms? You can argue that the latter is much worse.

How many of the anti-Booth crowd are vegetarian? I'm guessing less than 5%. What's the difference between him killing a bear and the systematic killing of animals in factory farms? You can argue that the latter is much worse.