The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Killing anything sucks. If we all made it our highest purpose to preserve life in every way possible what an amazing world this would be. We are all stuck on this spinning chunk of rock in a great void. The life we know on earth is the only life we know of - all is precious.

To kill for fun, pleasure, excitement, thrill, ego, pride, or even a religious view that God gave us the supreme dominion over animals so it is our right, to me, is something we need to mentally and spiritually evolve beyond as a species together.

Every life that is lost is like a candle that gets extiguished, and in turn makes the Universe a little darker.

I have no argument from a legal standpoint and I have no argument for killing out of neccessity. I am even of the mind that the way we farm animals is more atrocious than this form of hunting. My point of view is only one that regards the creation and preservation of life as the highest moral achievment a sentient being can strive to attain.

He's taking some serious heat on twitter

Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded

Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

This is where I think the argument comes to a head. Yes, we need sustenance to survive, meat has been one of the oldest forms of doing that (maybe unfortuantely) and has also been incorporated into the fabric of feeding an over populated earth today.

Unfortunately, many of us would die without others processing our food for us (maybe a good thing :) ). Back in days of lesser technology you had to get out and fend for yourselves, there was honor in hunting and stalking animals in order to feed you and your family. Now that we have taken care of problems such as these years ago I personally feel it's very petty, childish, and somewhat cruel to go out hunting other animals like it's a game such as hockey. What a complete lack of respect for the world around you. We were supposed to have evolved from that. The only problem is the alternative of having someone else do it is not much better, even if the only saving grace is that we are all insignificant to those calling the shots. For me, sometimes I'd like those 14 Organic berries you can buy in a little case but they are $5.99, so in order just to get by I will go myself a $1.39 cheeseburger at McDonald's.

In the long run anyone that uses electricty and processed goods is a pawn and an enabler to those that are destroying our world through big business and government, whether you hunt, buy at the grocery store, are a vegan or not. The thing that bugs me about Booth is he just seems to float through everything applying whatever rules happen to benefit him most. However, this wouldn't be the first time someone was judged incorrectly.

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

Dang city slickers eatin their 40-80 steaks that were bread for the sole purpose of fillin their belly...

but i only eat white meat.... cause they don't feel anything....

i only eat fish... cause its okay to put miles of netting in the water, haul it all out, then pick and chose what we eat...

if Johnny Canuck took that bear out with his axe... it wouldn't matter, everyone hates the Canucks already....

its a lot easier when its on a nice white plate and you can pretend it didn't have to be killed so you can enjoy the taste....

and even veggie lovers, you know those huge tractors that go mow down all those fields.... there are plenty of lil gophers, bunny rabbits, and a few other lovely lil critters gettin mulched up... so they can keep up to the demand of produce

This reminds of the the South Park episode where the Americans are up in arms about the Japanese killing dolphins and whales... the Americans blame the dolpins and whales for Hiroshima...... the Americans can't believe the Japanese would kill dolphins and whales... so what do the americans do? convince them that it was the cow and chicken that did a number on Hiroshima...

Americans look at other cultures and go omg, wtf, thats terrible...

So we change them to suit our view... two different animals.... wow...

Dang city slickers eatin their 40-80 steaks that were bread for the sole purpose of fillin their belly...

but i only eat white meat.... cause they don't feel anything....

i only eat fish... cause its okay to put miles of netting in the water, haul it all out, then pick and chose what we eat...

if Johnny Canuck took that bear out with his axe... it wouldn't matter, everyone hates the Canucks already....

its a lot easier when its on a nice white plate and you can pretend it didn't have to be killed so you can enjoy the taste....

and even veggie lovers, you know those huge tractors that go mow down all those fields.... there are plenty of lil gophers, bunny rabbits, and a few other lovely lil critters gettin mulched up... so they can keep up to the demand of produce

This is where I think the argument comes to a head. Yes, we need sustenance to survive, meat has been one of the oldest forms of doing that (maybe unfortuantely) and has also been incorporated into the fabric of feeding an over populated earth today.

Unfortunately, many of us would die without others processing our food for us (maybe a good thing :) ). Back in days of lesser technology you had to get out and fend for yourselves, there was honor in hunting and stalking animals in order to feed you and your family. Now that we have taken care of problems such as these years ago I personally feel it's very petty, childish, and somewhat cruel to go out hunting other animals like it's a game such as hockey. What a complete lack of respect for the world around you. We were supposed to have evolved from that. The only problem is the alternative of having someone else do it is not much better, even if the only saving grace is that we are all insignificant to those calling the shots. For me, sometimes I'd like those 14 Organic berries you can buy in a little case but they are $5.99, so in order just to get by I will go myself a $1.39 cheeseburger at McDonald's.

In the long run anyone that uses electricty and processed goods is a pawn and an enabler to those that are destroying our world through big business and government, whether you hunt, buy at the grocery store, are a vegan or not. The thing that bugs me about Booth is he just seems to float through everything applying whatever rules happen to benefit him most. However, this wouldn't be the first time someone was judged incorrectly.

this might be a stupid question, but i've never hunted in my life nor do i have interest in...so please excuse my ignorance...but after they killed that bear...um...what do they do with it? eat it? or just leave it there?

i'm not an animal activist either, but i'm sure there's lots of better things to get excited about than to go shoot something that was not a threat to you or anyone. Going out of your way to kill anything for fun is just cruel to me...

isn't david booth a holy man also? God can't be pleased with that...just saying.

Wooohoo!!!

Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.

bearam.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Both sides have valid arguements. However, animals are way smarter than humans will ever be.

They don't need humans for survival. Infact most of what humans know, we have learned from animals.

We all think our domesticated dogs and cats can't survive without us, but yes they can,even the morons who think chickens and cows can't survive without us are wrong.

Not a single creature on this planet needs us humans to survive and thrive. We need them. Therefore they are superior to us.

this might be a stupid question, but i've never hunted in my life nor do i have interest in...so please excuse my ignorance...but after they killed that bear...um...what do they do with it? eat it? or just leave it there?

i'm not an animal activist either, but i'm sure there's lots of better things to get excited about than to go shoot something that was not a threat to you or anyone.  Going out of your way to kill anything for fun is just cruel to me...

isn't david booth a holy man also? God can't be pleased with that...just saying.

Seriously agree. Anyone claiming hunting is cruel needs to take a walk through the living nightmare that is a commercial slaughterhouse. It'll reconfigure your priorities.

"Bears are beautiful, but f--- cows, chickens and pigs, I want a happy meal."

Haha, well put.

People have such a schizophrenic attitude towards animals. Like, it's ok to butcher and eat cow, but people absolutely freak out if you eat a horse.

If you were to serve someone eggs and fried dog meat for breakfast, they'd toss their cookies. But bacon's fine, even though a pig is just as intelligent.

Bah.

We skin the bear, dry the fur and cure it along with the head. You can take some of the bear parts to china town (especially the paw) for use in chinese medicine as they have for thousands of years. The meat is extremely good meat if its mixed fatty pork used with sausages. I'd put bear meat to be on par with Boar meat its just as tough, but if its braised it tastes extremely good!The head and skin can actually take up to a year to cure in salt, we usually take it to some one else to do on the native reserve since its much cheaper.

Archived