The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

No, thank YOU!! Finally someone with an informed opinion. It's shocking to read the hypocrisy in this thread from a bunch of city folk who know nothing about nature. Hunters care more about the environment than most of these tree hugging, latte sipping citiots who talk big about nature because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy but will never put any real effort into making a difference. Hunters want to preserve their sport and put a lot of effort into keeping nature the way it is. Hunting is part of Canada's heritage, if you don't like it, feel free to leave.

Also, by law here in bc you have to remove the edible portions of the 4 quarters and loins, so I don't know what everyone is bitching about "wasting" the meat.

I find so much more to enjoy in this picture.

Irrespective of whether the photo is "shopped" the magnificence of such a noble creature continuing to breath on this earth cannot be denied. There will always be hunting and hunters. We can only hope that they realise that when they kill the biggest and best of these creatures they are making our environment a lesser place.

Bear-Child-378.jpg

Forget about all the stuff about whether it's wrong to kill animals or if it's actually the environmental thing to do or that it's better than buying a steak. I just don't understand why someone would actually WANT to kill an animal like this. I mean you've got to be a little twisted to go out and look to kill a beautiful animal like this.

Also what an idiotic decision by Booth to put a picture like this on twitter. He knows he's a public figure, and he has to be completely oblivious to not know something like this would cause a crap-storm. He might as well be holding an anti-abortion sign.

Forget about all the stuff about whether it's wrong to kill animals or if it's actually the environmental thing to do or that it's better than buying a steak. I just don't understand why someone would actually WANT to kill an animal like this. I mean you've got to be a little twisted to go out and look to kill a beautiful animal like this.

Also what an idiotic decision by Booth to put a picture like this on twitter. He knows he's a public figure, and he has to be completely oblivious to not know something like this would cause a crap-storm. He might as well be holding an anti-abortion sign.

The real question here should be: How many bears are killed yearly because they wander into big cities after their habitat becomes encroached?

The lower mainland probably has the highest numbers of that in the province. Big city folk only like seeing this kind of creature in real life if it's behind bars serving a life sentence just to show people what it looks like. That's the real cruelty here.

....there doesn't have to be a spiritual side to hunting buds.... you can't jam that crap down everyones throat...

People can enjoy hunting in groups (or gang if you like)...

i would say humans are pack animals.... just like these wolves taking out this bear and moose...

....there doesn't have to be a spiritual side to hunting buds.... you can't jam that crap down everyones throat...

People can enjoy hunting in groups (or gang if you like)...

i would say humans are pack animals.... just like these wolves taking out this bear and moose...

What happened to not discussing players personal lives on this sight? So far I have seen 2 mods post 3 different times and neither one of them has mentioned this rule nor have they locked this thread.

This thread should have been locked long ago, if for anything to respect the personal lives of players.

IMO the mods have failed to adhere to the rules on these boards by not locking this, and have even broken the rules by posting their opinion.

Archived