Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlayStation

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

Well buds, if there is no spiritual side to it I guess we will agree to differ. I didn't realise I was cramming anything down anyone's throat............if you feel crammed .............don't go into the woods, it might be too dangerous for some one of your delicate sensitivities.

By the way what's the limit on the size of the "gang" 10, 20? More the merrier right? If that's your idea of hunting maybe a shooting range would suit you better.

What is the point of the video? These are animals killing because they are hungry.........there are no wolf supermarkets to my knowledge.

Only a retard would get some sort of pleasure from going around and shooting animals. Humans dont need to hunt like they did in the olden days for food. it doesnt serve any need and its morally wrong. What gives a person the right to do that, killing an animal just for fun? Animals should have rights to life as well. People should have more respect for nature.

It's absolutely twisted. We are smarter and more advanced now. Time to be Stewards in every faucet of nature, not takers. There are takers aplenty already. Booth should certainly know better.

Well buds, if there is no spiritual side to it I guess we will agree to differ. I didn't realise I was cramming anything down anyone's throat............if you feel crammed .............don't go into the woods, it might be too dangerous for some one of your delicate sensitivities.

By the way what's the limit on the size of the "gang" 10, 20? More the merrier right? If that's your idea of hunting maybe a shooting range would suit you better.

What is the point of the video? These are animals killing because they are hungry.........there are no wolf supermarkets to my knowledge.

Only a retard would get some sort of pleasure from going around and shooting animals. Humans dont need to hunt like they did in the olden days for food. it doesnt serve any need and its morally wrong. What gives a person the right to do that, killing an animal just for fun? Animals should have rights to life as well. People should have more respect for nature.

Do you think it is better to buy meat in the supermarket then to hunt it? It keeps YOUR hands clean but that's it. You are a fool.

It's morally wrong to keep animals in feed lots and slaughter them on assembly lines. People should have more respect for nature.

OK, first of all - I'm not a hunter, but I notice a lot of people don't understand how it works, so, not to sound like a jerk or anything let me explain it to you.

First of all it is extremely regulated, its not just a bunch of people shooting anything that moves. The M and R survays specific zones: A, B, C, etc... They determine zone A can sustain 25 healthy moose, deer, bear, whatever. If zone A has 35 of said animal they issue 10 tags. Hunters purchase these tags, usually as groups and if ONE person in the group kills one that is that. They tag it and are done, the M and R then inspects it. If you are caught killing an in season animal without a tag the reprocussions are severe and you could lose your car, your house, and large fines, also jail time.

Bear is the only animal that can be baited. If you are caught baiting any other animal again you are severely punished.

It seems Bodee and others are steamed Booth took a picture with the dead bear. I really don't understand the logic behind that as most hunters(Booth included I'm sure) put a lot of effort into their hunts. It's NOT just grab your gun and go as some seem to think. So yes, they will be happy and proud that their efforts paid off and they will have a full freezer for a while. I have seen so many pictures of serious hunters gathered around their kill, just like Booth is. So those of you trying to seperate Booth from "real" hunters need to relax a bit.

Yah maybe he shouldn't have tweeted the pic but it's his freaking twitter and obviously he doesn't care what anyone thinks about it....and I say good on him. He shouldn't care, he did nothing wrong.

It seems Bodee and others are steamed Booth took a picture with the dead bear. I really don't understand the logic behind that as most hunters(Booth included I'm sure) put a lot of effort into their hunts. It's NOT just grab your gun and go as some seem to think. So yes, they will be happy and proud that their efforts paid off and they will have a full freezer for a while. I have seen so many pictures of serious hunters gathered around their kill, just like Booth is. So those of you trying to seperate Booth from "real" hunters need to relax a bit.

Yah maybe he shouldn't have tweeted the pic but it's his freaking twitter and obviously he doesn't care what anyone thinks about it....and I say good on him. He shouldn't care, he did nothing wrong.

I have never hunted in my life. I have done alot of fishing, which in a way is similar, same end result, a dead animal that is going to be consumed for healthy and fresh nutrients for my family.

Reading all the posts here from pro-hunters and seeing their well informed arguments and the fact that in 17 pages I have not seen ONE SINGLE legitimate argument against hunting. (Yes people saying "you are a hunter, you are bad" is not a legitimate argument)

My son and I have gone and registered for our BC hunting licenses. there is a very good program to introduce people that are new to it. We have already registered, I hope some of you do as well.

The Conservation Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE) program is designed for individuals wishing to obtain their first B.C. resident hunting licence. It is offered through a partnership agreement with the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and the British Columbia Wildlife Federation (BCWF).

The program is useful for anyone interested in outdoor recreation, wildlife and firearms safety. The successful completion of the program is required for B.C. residents at age 14 or over who wish to obtain a B.C. resident hunter number card, and a first B.C. resident hunting licence.

The BCWF is responsible for CORE program administration, the keeping of graduate records and the public availability of the CORE examinations through a provincial network of certified CORE examiners.

For more information and to obtain the CORE manual, visit the BCWF's Conservation Outdoor Recreation Education (CORE) program website.

Please direct your CORE questions to the BC Wildlife Federation:

E-mail: Wildlife@BCWF.bc.ca

Phone: 604-882-9988 or toll free at 1-888-881-2293

Mail to:

BC Wildlife Federation

Unit 101 - 9706 188th Street

Surrey, B.C. V4N 3M2

I'd rather a Twitter picture of a prized kill over his Jesus Tweets.

Nuckanuck,

I am a trophy hunter, however, I also feed my family with the game I bring home. I make no apologies for it.

It's sad how a large portion of our society is completely out of touch on the topic of where our food comes from.

Not sure why you have such a fascination with my genitalia, but trust me, my testicles are a very nice size.

Really? hunting is a sport that a ton of people enjoy including myself, if you dont like the idea of hunting heres a tip... are you ready ... if you see a topic or anything that has either of the words hunting or killing DONT CLICK ON THE frackIN THING!

Hunting is not a sport it is a hobby. It could be concidered a job for some, but to call it a sport is funny. Ask yourself why do you enjoy hunting? Do you like to kill or do you like the chase of the hunt, because one is mad and the other is understandable.

Hunting is no longer considered a glorified act by most people because the need to hunt for survival no longer exist for must people. To hunt to control animal population is still needed and understandable, but the people who get tags to help population control who use that tag for a trophy enjoy the kill and that is scary.

so why is it that most people do not need to hunt? answer this then ask why they are against hunting.

We need to eat? when is the last time you ate a hamburger ?

also Bear, Moose , Deer , duck, grouse etc all taste 100x better then the crap you buy in a supermarket that is considered AAA beef or whatever. ( mind you i have got some good Lamb in the supermarket....)

all those turkeys being killed so people can celebrate there religious holidays is dieing necessarily?

how about all those pigs for bacon, (bacon is delicious but still)

hunting is more then just going and killing an animal humans have been doing it since before we could talk.

hunting is about being out in nature and taking in all that nature has to offer... not like 99% of all the PETA freaks who live in condo's in the most polluting cities in the world....and tell The Inuit that they can not kill baby seals or hunt wales (crap they have been doing since before white people came to North America..

That is all fine and dandy, but it is still prize hunting I do not care if he did it legally. It shows poor judgement and a lack of respect to post the photos on face book for all to see; is he seriously that dumb that he did not think their would a large group of people disgusted by what he did. I would be trading his ass as soon as possible.