The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

I sure hope that's not a threat because it would probably sum you up.

I'm not bothered by any threats made by people who sit behind a keyboard and I very much doubt I would be bothered by one from you in real life either...........just so we are clear.

I'm not bothered by any threats made by people who sit behind a keyboard and I very much doubt I would be bothered by one from you in real life either...........just so we are clear.

I work as a salmon fishing guide in the Haida Gwaii islands for one month every summer and i have had my picture taken along with a guest or two in hundreds of photos with us and a big salmon. Never once has anyone ever given me the impression how they liked the kill or are a bunch of yeehaws as some dumbazz wrote a short while ago.

Just amazing what anti hunters- anti fisherman out there think. I have personally guided a number of NHL players up there and all them who fish, like to hunt also. You would be shocked at the number of them.... the only difference is they haven't posted a picture that the public can see. They do have the pictures though!

ok who would win in a fight: The peta girl (naked I might add) or Robert De Niro in the deer hunter? And how do you know the peta girl isn't a jujitsu expert? And who would you rather spend a night with?

Problem with topics like this is that it shows, quite brutally and in sad kindergarden way, that people don't understand the real issues and just think about themselves all the time. welcome to modern society!

There are some interesting issues here: Environmental protection, human freedoms, biological diversity, and the human future itself as we will live with the consequences of our actions. Lots of people spewing out hogwash (no offense to the pigs!). Here are a few facts which can ground the conversation:

1. we are all alive now, and we will all be dead

2. your life matters because of the people you influence.

3. most of your life's meaning is participating in things, that give these things inertia and meaning.

4. probably when you are dead your life won't have mattered very much at all unless you have done something to change the inertia of something or have created something new for people to participate in.

5. so wake up. think about what you participate in. don't just do it because you are on auto-pilot. it's the old existentialist thought pattern but it is still valid. if you have to ask, you'll never know. tune in and drop out.

if you like hunting, great. you don't, great. you want to preserve the environment, change the way people eat, great. actions speak louder than words - and I would think there are more vegetarians out there than hunters. My personal take is that hunting is something is not required anymore in modern society, and tends to support aggressive behaviour. Everything you do effects everything else you do, so if you like to train for boxing, go hunting, are a soldier, work in a slaughterhouse - you will have a different outlook than a music professor at a university. don't expect the music prof to understand a live-die ethic, and don't expect the soldier to care about societal standards.

Hunting is what got us here as a species and it is a tradition not easily lost or forgotten. Whether it is for food, sport, or both, the individual that makes the choice to go out, and legally partake in such and ancient rite, is the ONLY one that should be concerned with such activities. All of these green religion bellyachers out there make their livings by poking their noses in where they do not belong, beware where you put your nose, or you may find it broken.

Archived