The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Utterly disturbing and sad video

I rant about players on CDC but have never booed them at a game, even if they're playing poorly. Players are human and they make mistakes.

But I don't care if Booth scores 100 points next season. I'll still have no respect for him whatsoever. Just my feelings though. I don't expect for everyone to agree or disagree.

Eh, people have hunted since they've been humans, not just for food. I don't see a problem with shooting it with an arrow, and since it didn't kill the bear right away, I also wouldn't have had a problem if the bear spotted him and deservingly mauled and clawed/bit him to pieces -- the latter would have been more entertaining.

Utterly disturbing and sad video

I rant about players on CDC but have never booed them at a game, even if they're playing poorly. Players are human and they make mistakes.

But I don't care if Booth scores 100 points next season. I'll still have no respect for him whatsoever. Just my feelings though. I don't expect for everyone to agree or disagree.

I have 2 problems with this

1) almost looks like the bear was baited with the garbage can(takes away the spirit of hunting)

2) he's a terrible shot...shoulda hit it in the head or neck...very little suffering that way.

#2 is just a preference thing maybe, cuz I prefer to rifle hunt. Snuffs the life out of something quicker...that bear probably spent 6-8 hours dying...unless they tracked it and finished it off with a rifle.

I have 2 problems with this

1) almost looks like the bear was baited with the garbage can(takes away the spirit of hunting)

2) he's a terrible shot...shoulda hit it in the head or neck...very little suffering that way.

#2 is just a preference thing maybe, cuz I prefer to rifle hunt. Snuffs the life out of something quicker...that bear probably spent 6-8 hours dying...unless they tracked it and finished it off with a rifle.

Can you at least understand how people might think you are a hypocrite? You're in here saying how you have zero respect for Booth, yet you are also in the fast food thread saying how McDonalds is your favorite fast food place. Do you have zero respect for the guy/girl at the slaughterhouse who shoots the cow you enjoy between the eyes? Or the person who chops off the head of the chicken you eat in your chicken burger?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious.

You are never going to stop illegal anything. Just informing people who think huters are just shooting everything.

The REAL point of my story is that its population control. If you stop the huntin there would be a lot of moose, deer etc dying of starvation. Guess that's ethical though.

Archived