The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

You could be right on a smaller scale, and I know lots of ranchers in my area that hire butchers...they use that method. But a guy I work with, worked in a big industrial one and was showing us a homemade video one night....cows piss me off to no end but nothing deserves that kind of shock.

Can you at least understand how people might think you are a hypocrite? You're in here saying how you have zero respect for Booth, yet you are also in the fast food thread saying how McDonalds is your favorite fast food place. Do you have zero respect for the guy/girl at the slaughterhouse who shoots the cow you enjoy between the eyes? Or the person who chops off the head of the chicken you eat in your chicken burger?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious.

I can absolutely understand and, to be honest, I'm not even sure how to defend that.

The truth is that yes, I do eat foods that required an animal to be killed in order for me to eat it and no, I don't feel bad when I'm eating beef or chicken or whatever else. But there's something very real about seeing David Booth shoot and kill an animal that is perhaps lacking when I'm eating a burger because I didn't actually see the animal get killed.

Maybe the best way to defend my view would be to say that what Booth is doing is not for the purpose of nourishing himself. It's purely for entertainment. There are less destructive and harmful things that he could do if he was looking for an adrenaline rush. Bungee jumping, hiking, boating?? I don't know but I don't agree with killing animals for fun.

It's not a strong argument but I still can't help but judge him for being okay with doing that.

Hunting for sustenance is honorable and necessary in many areas of the world. Trophy hunting is disgusting, and Booth is just another rich America gun nut who came to Canada to rape and pillage majestic wild animals in order to mount them on a wall, or turn them into a rug.

When Booth's shot hit that defenseless bear, it was the first on target shot he's taken all year...

I can absolutely understand and, to be honest, I'm not even sure how to defend that.

The truth is that yes, I do eat foods that required an animal to be killed in order for me to eat it and no, I don't feel bad when I'm eating beef or chicken or whatever else. But there's something very real about seeing David Booth shoot and kill an animal that is perhaps lacking when I'm eating a burger because I didn't actually see the animal get killed.

Maybe the best way to defend my view would be to say that what Booth is doing is not for the purpose of nourishing himself. It's purely for entertainment. There are less destructive and harmful things that he could do if he was looking for an adrenaline rush. Bungee jumping, hiking, boating?? I don't know but I don't agree with killing animals for fun.

It's not a strong argument but I still can't help but judge him for being okay with doing that.

I am likely desensitized to hunting, because I grew up with it, so I have no problem with him hunting.

But, could it be that those who haven't become accustomed to hunting are hyper-sensitized?

The only part I don't like is the garbage baiting. That's like taking advantage of a drunk chick.

Try harder, don't cheat.

I think that if you have enough reserve about Booth's bear hunt, then you should look at the reality of mainstream meat.

Would you rather be a wild bear that met an end, or a pig in a gestation cage?

If Booth's kill was murder, than the grocery stores are selling genocide.

Guest gumballthechewy

The only type of hunting I disaprove of is hunting for sport, there's absolutly no need for that. Hunting for survival, like for food and hide ect, and also hunting for pest/population control is perfectly fine and acceptable.

And for people bitching about people whining about this while they eat hamburgers and whatnot, animlas like domestic cows and chickens serve no real purpose other than to feed people. They are there solely to be killed to feed humans. As a matter of fact, being a human (as in: being both omnivores and at the top of the food chain) all animals are for eating, plane and simple.

Archived