The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

what's the big deal

it's a legal activity. he is not hunting an endangered species. hunting is what humans do everyday. when u go eat a burger, u just let someone else do it for you.

at least bear meat is "organic". prob taste bad anyway.

but why do fans even care? it's not related to hockey.

Meh. Never really cared about this situation as it's technically legal and therefore his choice (though, personally I don't like hunting). But once all the hooplah took over, media started chastising the Canucks org for Booth actions - I took notice.

So it's been like 1-2 weeks since he was told to take down the video. Canucks message: Take down the video down, think about it next time as it also affects us, and let this blow over. What does this guy do since then? Take a look at his twitter account. This guy just won't let it go. He's as bright as a burnt out light bulb. He's antagonistic, and frankly it's pathetic cause it reflects poorly on Canucks org. Clearly he didn't get the message, or he couldn't understand it - one or the other. I'm not a fan of this guy anymore. His season to forget, invisible performance in the playoffs followed up by comments essentially telling fans to take a hike, and now dragging out this nonsense?! I've seen enough of this guy in Vancouver.

Booth is the guy who wont let the issue die apparently.

If he wants to bait and kill bears, he is free to, but he needs to be smart enough to shut up about it. Regardless of who is on his side or not, making that stuff public is only going to piss people off.

Nothing good will come from it. Nothing.

Has the guy never heard of tact?

This is probably a dead horse as well as a dead bear now, but to address the last comment: It's more than a small population that this legal activity offends....so much so that it's illegal in many (most?) places.

So it's not like it's something openly accepted and a matter of a mere few making a stir. Controversial for sure, so this is the outcome - people will talk.

Personally, over this long ago because it is his personal choice, legal, etc. But I understand that people are riled up about it and that's to be expected. And it can be described as heinous...it's basically the equivalent of walking into a petting zoo and taking aim. The baiting with garbage while perched in a tree is the part that makes it so.

As far as I know, bear baiting is only illegal in BC and has something to do with the high grizzly concentration within our province, not because it's a hienous act.....at least that's what I've been told.

I've always been lead to believe that baiting is the more humane way to kill a bear as you can get a real close up look at the bear your going to kill.....make SURE there are no cubs, and it's a full grown adult male.

This is definitely getting into dead horse territory. I wish people would just leave him alone. If Booth was poaching, I could absolutely understand an outcry like this but he wasn't. He's just a young guy enjoying his time off doing what he was raised to do. If him being excited about it and tweeting about it pisses you off, please unfollow him on twitter and just move on. There is more than enough controversy surrounding this team and were just over a month into the offseason.

This is stupid. You're allowed to post whatever you want on Twitter. I've seen people post death threats to others. If Marchand or Lucic posted a video of harpooning an Orca or whatever the media would be praising them for such an accomplishment or whatever BS

Honestly, no team next season is gonna be sitting in their locker room next season and thinking "#7 on their team legally hunted and killed a bear in the off season last year, let's go out and beat them!"

Uh no, he should not shut up about it.

If by tact you mean living your life according to people who think you should shut up about doing something legal that offends a small (but noticeably vocal/militant) population, I guess any person who likes what they do given these implications would naturally have no "tact". What he's doing isn't heinous, it's just killing a friggen bear. Some people don't like to see it, that's okay. They don't have to like it, but telling him to shut up about it is stupid and ridiculous. It's not like all he's doing is going around tweeting about the same bear -- he's not at all. If people don't like what he tweets they have the right not to f'ing look at his twitter page. It's not David Booth that needs to cater his rights to others, others need to respect his, back the hell off, and leave a non-issue alone.

Probably has been said but this is exactly like Kony in the sense that everyone is losing their cool but in two weeks time nobody will even care anymore. Notice how that whole Kony 2012 fad died almost as soon as it started? The fact of the matter is what Booth did was not illegal. It's not wrong. I, for the record, think it's pretty pointless, but whatever, he's allowed to do it. If people have a problem with it, they need to get off their lethargic ass and actually do something about bear baiting. Protest? Start a petition. Don't just sit and whine on the internet. There's far too many crybabies on Facebook and in life in general. But people wont do anything of the such because, again, they really just don't care that much.

Archived