Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#271 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I think everyone needs to take a moment and read this....

http://www.thebestpa...c.cgi?u=animals

I'm tired of hearing all these bleeding heart nancy-boys crying about animal rights. They should be eaten along with the animals they so cherish. Those stupid jerks at Disney keep making those damned cartoons about wimpy ducks and fish that talk so kids these days don't go to Zoos expecting to see a hairy, red, baboon's ass, but a cute and cuddly Simba or Rafiki (Disney's The Lion King atrocity).

Animals don't have rights. They don't have rights, because people like me don't give them any. If a Bear in the woods feels like you violated its territory, tough crap, blow its head off. You have the "right" to be in a Bear's territory just as much as he does. I don't subscribe to that "he's just as afraid of you as you are of him" bull either. If the Bear was afraid of you, it would probably run away from you, rather than try to attack.. Unless the Bear is stupid, which he is.

I was driving to school the other day, when I came across a dog in the street. I must have been 30 yards away when I saw it, but the dog didn't move. When I came within 10 feet of the dog, I had to stop the car so the stupid animal would get out of the way, and not until after I considered getting out of my car to kick it. The dog was clearly stupid, and would have probably been killed by another driver. Why is it so stupid? Why should people go out of their way to preserve animals?

Where do you draw the line between what deserves to be saved and what doesn't? Do trees deserve to be saved? Do plants deserve to be saved? What about insects? If so, even Mosquitos? Rocks that get destroyed at a construction site? Yes, everything should be saved. I have an idea. We should all sit down on the least impressionable piece of land we can find and try not to kill anything or to hurt anyone's feelings and eat only tofu and sing happy songs about dancing fairies and flowers and children and smiles and laughter. We should be so happy that it hurts. We should live in harmony with the animals and we should spend hours hugging old people and riding the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney Land, and we should protest against people that wear fur, because wearing fur is mean.

We should all sport those wonderful "Mean People Suck" stickers on the back of our cars.. oh wait, cars are mean, I meant to say bikes made of 100% recyclable eco-friendly materials that don't harm anything. Then everything will be great. Is that what you tree huggers want? Then will you stop your incessant bitching? Well it's NEVER going to happen. People are going to eat meat, animals are going to die, and there's really nothing you can do about it except bitch until someone gets sick of you bitching and runs you over..

Animals have made people happy, animals have infatuated some people's imaginations, and even motivated others. Animals have even saved lives. So what? I'm still going to eat meat. I'm going to eat meat until I die. And when I die, I hope someone eats me too. If animals weren't so damn stupid, maybe I'd care. But until then, I'm going to look forward to eating if I'm going to be eating dead animal. If anything, people shouldn't eat plants. Plants are what keep us animals alive, yet people eat plants. Plants are so important, that without the direct aid of plants, we cannot live. But is this of any concern to the eco-friendly idiot? No. He just wants something to bitch about because there isn't a war.

There's over a billion cows in India releasing the largest supply of methane into the atmosphere, and devouring tons of feed each day, yet the animal rights activists don't seem to be bitching about that. No, they have much bigger fish to fry, like sailors trying to make a living by catching fish to feed their families with. I don't know what I'm talking about. Bottom line: Eat Meat, use the Earth and everything on it for what it's worth, Disney blows ass, bears are stupid, and I'm tired.

Oh look, a wall of stupidity.

#272 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Just to save everyone's time and frustration/face palm level, don't read this.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#273 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

thank you for the class in semantics, but i know humans are technically animals. I think you know what i meant by that though.

edit: and by the way, the fact that we're so close to bears in the "kingdom Animalia", seems to me to be yet another reason not to kill a bear and boast about it on twitter.

Define "close".
you use your terms so loosely, you must have little interest in science.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#274 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

The ignorance from the anti hunting crowd is really frustrating. Sure Booth probably shouldn't have posted that pic, but people are being a little hard on him. Every aspec of hunting super regulated, with the focus on the animal and the enviroment. Over population is bad for everything.

What about fishing, people generally don't have the same problem with it. Why? Think about it, your dragging it out of its home with a hook through its mouth, then clubbing it over its head until its dead. Would you rather die that way?

And how about how most people get their meat, from the grocery store. Animals grown for the sole purpose of eating. Poked and prodded, stuck is small areas, never really free. How is that fair to the animal? It never has a chance.

I'm a hunter, and I think deer are amazing. Their so much smarted then people think. Some how they seem to know when it's hunting season. Trust me, it's not easy. Most of the time you can be out for a week in the bush, and come home empty handed, which is still fun. My point is, most hunters probably respect, appreciate and understand the animals more then most people. We're not gun toting maniacs lying awake at night just waiting for our chance to kill something. I run into many hunters out in the bush, and most of them are some of the nicest people you can meet.

I know many people are very stuck on their hate, but I encourage everyone to look into hunting from an neutral point of view. You'll find that it's actually a good thing. If these animals over populate, they'll either die because they'll eat through their food supply which would also effect many other animals, or because they start coming into our cities. Hunting is way to manage their population, for the good of the animals and the enviroment, and a great way to get healthy natural meat.

#275 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

After reading this thread I only have one thing to say.

Really? (said with a turned head and perplexed tone) I get we're on the internets and have very little to do but some of you people need to find a hobby. Try hunting.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#276 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Should have just let that thing roam. I'm not down with hunting for "sport". Booth of all people, preaching his religion any chance he gets.

#277 danthe12man

danthe12man

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

"i've taken care of cows. cows are dumb as a rock. they don't have meaningful relationships. they go around being cows, eating and pooping, until one day someone hits them on the head real good. then we cut all the food off of them.

bears are beautiful. they're smart and depending on the kind of bear they're social, and curious. this may be an artificial or superficial line to make, but it's the same one that makes it easy to squash an ant, and hard to kill a dog."

I'm a dairy farmer and have killed many bears, and while cows are frustrating they definitely have social lives, and social status in the herd, they actually spend about 2 hours a day strictly socializing with other cows, and they actually can be pretty clever, and are very curious animals as well (and die horrible deaths thanks to you city folk that can't work for your own meat) the bears that come in and trash my silage and scare my grandma and her grandkids...... not so much

Edited by danthe12man, 02 May 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#278 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Wow, gotta' love all the bleeding hearts out there, crying about about how hunting is "unethical" or making claims about the "fact" that animals don't kill for pleasure.

Seriously? Your knowledge of the natural world could fit on a post-it note.

Bear is perfectly edible and I highly doubt that David Booth killed that bear for no other reason than to hang it on his wall. If that is the case, how is hunting a bear any worse than eating a burger made from the meat of cattle that is bred to die (and not exactly raised in 5 star accommodations)?
Posted Image

#279 PowerAids

PowerAids

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm tired of hearing all these bleeding heart nancy-boys crying about animal rights. They should be eaten along with the animals they so cherish. Those stupid jerks at Disney keep making those damned cartoons about wimpy ducks and fish that talk so kids these days don't go to Zoos expecting to see a hairy, red, baboon's ass, but a cute and cuddly Simba or Rafiki (Disney's The Lion King atrocity).

Animals don't have rights. They don't have rights, because people like me don't give them any. If a Bear in the woods feels like you violated its territory, tough crap, blow its head off. You have the "right" to be in a Bear's territory just as much as he does. I don't subscribe to that "he's just as afraid of you as you are of him" bull either. If the Bear was afraid of you, it would probably run away from you, rather than try to attack.. Unless the Bear is stupid, which he is.

I was driving to school the other day, when I came across a dog in the street. I must have been 30 yards away when I saw it, but the dog didn't move. When I came within 10 feet of the dog, I had to stop the car so the stupid animal would get out of the way, and not until after I considered getting out of my car to kick it. The dog was clearly stupid, and would have probably been killed by another driver. Why is it so stupid? Why should people go out of their way to preserve animals?

Where do you draw the line between what deserves to be saved and what doesn't? Do trees deserve to be saved? Do plants deserve to be saved? What about insects? If so, even Mosquitos? Rocks that get destroyed at a construction site? Yes, everything should be saved. I have an idea. We should all sit down on the least impressionable piece of land we can find and try not to kill anything or to hurt anyone's feelings and eat only tofu and sing happy songs about dancing fairies and flowers and children and smiles and laughter. We should be so happy that it hurts. We should live in harmony with the animals and we should spend hours hugging old people and riding the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney Land, and we should protest against people that wear fur, because wearing fur is mean.

We should all sport those wonderful "Mean People Suck" stickers on the back of our cars.. oh wait, cars are mean, I meant to say bikes made of 100% recyclable eco-friendly materials that don't harm anything. Then everything will be great. Is that what you tree huggers want? Then will you stop your incessant bitching? Well it's NEVER going to happen. People are going to eat meat, animals are going to die, and there's really nothing you can do about it except bitch until someone gets sick of you bitching and runs you over..

Animals have made people happy, animals have infatuated some people's imaginations, and even motivated others. Animals have even saved lives. So what? I'm still going to eat meat. I'm going to eat meat until I die. And when I die, I hope someone eats me too. If animals weren't so damn stupid, maybe I'd care. But until then, I'm going to look forward to eating if I'm going to be eating dead animal. If anything, people shouldn't eat plants. Plants are what keep us animals alive, yet people eat plants. Plants are so important, that without the direct aid of plants, we cannot live. But is this of any concern to the eco-friendly idiot? No. He just wants something to bitch about because there isn't a war.

There's over a billion cows in India releasing the largest supply of methane into the atmosphere, and devouring tons of feed each day, yet the animal rights activists don't seem to be bitching about that. No, they have much bigger fish to fry, like sailors trying to make a living by catching fish to feed their families with. I don't know what I'm talking about. Bottom line: Eat Meat, use the Earth and everything on it for what it's worth, Disney blows ass, bears are stupid, and I'm tired.

Dude,
I'm a hunter... but you are a moron.

#280 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

I can understand why Booth likes hunting. Only shooting involved, no passing.

Edited by gradin123, 02 May 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#281 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

i completely hear what you're saying about the arbitrary nature of this distinction (and i acknowledged that in the post you quoted). however, this distinction is not a beauty contest. i suppose it's an intelligence contest. the closer animals are to us, the more i think we need to be weary of slaughtering them. killing an ant or a mosquito is what it is. bears are SO smart, so different from cows. i don't find them pretty. i find them scary and smelly. they take the most ridiculous craps in my yard. someone very very close to me was once very very close to bear, and that bear was between her and the house and she had a dog at the end of a leash that was barking at it. it was frightening and shocking, and i still think bears deserve better than to be killed at a distance and be broadcast for the world to see.

Posted Image

Cattle and bears fall under the same genetic line that separated around 78 million years ago. Cattle being closely related to pigs, deer and sheep.
But compared to humans, both bears and cattle separated from our genetic line ~80 mya.
So your statement that bears are closer to us is incorrect. Please stop using that argument.

source: http://en.wikipedia....Tree_in_mya.png
http://www.ultimateu...la/bovidae.html

Thanks, have a nice day.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#282 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

I hunt. I understand why people get uncomfortable about it. But I feel like those people who don't like hunting should respect the fact that I do. I would be lying if I said the only reason I hunt is for the food. It is a major factor, but I also enjoy getting out in the woods, hanging with buddies and the overall experience. I can say though that if food was out of the picture, I could not justify killing the animal.

Elk and Moose are very tasty animals. It is also way cheaper to get your meat by hunting, especially if you can butcher the animal yourself.

I want to say something about a comment I saw on the first page, which is about as far as I got, about hunting being a rich mans sport. It isn't. In fact, its very cheap to get into hunting.

Anyway, if you eat meat you shouldn't complain about hunters, they just have the balls to do what you don't. If you are a vegetarian, well, bitch away.
Go Canucks Go!!!

#283 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Then you don't want to read this...

http://www.thebestpa...c.cgi?u=sponsor

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their crap doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life crapting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a crap about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, asshole? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's ass every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our asses (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

*Note: many people have asked me permission to make shirts using the image at the top of this page. As a convenience to you, I've made some of my own to help you out with this campaign, check them out here: http://store.thewors...heuniverse.com/

#284 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

After reading this thread I only have one thing to say.

Really? (said with a turned head and perplexed tone) I get we're on the internets and have very little to do but some of you people need to find a hobby. Try hunting.

I like how you didn't say what we should try hunting.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#285 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

I like how you didn't say what we should try hunting.

Puppies.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#286 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Edited by wtpasc, 02 May 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#287 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Puppies.

Hunting puppies is something you should do with no weapons, just your hands.
(But my wife might not like me getting my hands on some puppies)
;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#288 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hunting puppies is something you should do with no weapons, just your hands.
(But my wife might not like me getting my hands on some puppies)
;)

Oh snap son.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#289 Danielcook604

Danielcook604

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wooohoo!!!
Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Danielcook604, 02 May 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#290 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

That's it, I'm going to start hunting.
Posted Image

#291 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Wooohoo!!!
Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like somone (you maybe?) spends a lot of time outdoors.

Edited by lateralus, 02 May 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#292 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,574 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

He's taking some serious heat on twitter
Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded
Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#293 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Should have just let that thing roam. I'm not down with hunting for "sport". Booth of all people, preaching his religion any chance he gets.

Who says he was sport hunting? Many people eat bear meat, and from what I've heard, Booth does. Not only that, but "trophy hunters" will often donate the meat to people who need it. obviously I don't agree to throwing the meat away, that's where I draw the line. From what I understand, Booth uses the meat, like a good hunter should.

I'm a strong christain and a hunter, and there's nothing in the bible against it. Many people that I know hunt, and are strong christains. Heck, pastors at my church are hunters. So from that point of view, there's no problem, providing you do it the right way.

#294 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

He's taking some serious heat on twitter
Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded
Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

I don't understand why people are so upset about this. US presidents go hunting as well and they don't take so much heat.
I think its just an excuse to blame Booth for his bad performance on the ice and our early exit of the SCP.

I have yet to see a logically consistent argument on why we should not hunt.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#295 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wooohoo!!!

Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Your not really helping with an attitude like that. These types of comment are no better then the ignorant comments from the uninformed anti hunting crowd. Your part of the problem. These types of comments are what give us a bad name.

#296 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I don't understand why people are so upset about this. US presidents go hunting as well and they don't take so much heat.
I think its just an excuse to blame Booth for his bad performance on the ice and our early exit of the SCP.

I have yet to see a logically consistent argument on why we should not hunt.

+1 to you

#297 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Killing anything sucks. If we all made it our highest purpose to preserve life in every way possible what an amazing world this would be. We are all stuck on this spinning chunk of rock in a great void. The life we know on earth is the only life we know of - all is precious.

To kill for fun, pleasure, excitement, thrill, ego, pride, or even a religious view that God gave us the supreme dominion over animals so it is our right, to me, is something we need to mentally and spiritually evolve beyond as a species together.

Every life that is lost is like a candle that gets extiguished, and in turn makes the Universe a little darker.

I have no argument from a legal standpoint and I have no argument for killing out of neccessity. I am even of the mind that the way we farm animals is more atrocious than this form of hunting. My point of view is only one that regards the creation and preservation of life as the highest moral achievment a sentient being can strive to attain.
Posted Image

#298 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Then you don't want to read this...

http://www.thebestpa...c.cgi?u=sponsor

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their crap doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life crapting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a crap about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, asshole? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's ass every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our asses (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

*Note: many people have asked me permission to make shirts using the image at the top of this page. As a convenience to you, I've made some of my own to help you out with this campaign, check them out here: http://store.thewors...heuniverse.com/

Couldn't agree more. Nothing more goddamn annoying than being incapable of eating when you want. Like we're in the 14th century or something. I find a lot of these vegans have no real clue what is going on the in the world and have no idea of the complexities that exist nor how their whole lives are contributing to negatve crap in other ways. Hypocrites is the word I am looking for.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#299 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

How many of the anti-Booth crowd are vegetarian? I'm guessing less than 5%. What's the difference between him killing a bear and the systematic killing of animals in factory farms? You can argue that the latter is much worse.
Posted Image

#300 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

How many of the anti-Booth crowd are vegetarian? I'm guessing less than 5%. What's the difference between him killing a bear and the systematic killing of animals in factory farms? You can argue that the latter is much worse.

Booth isn't eating the bear.

It's a trophy hunt.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.