The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

It would be amusing if tomorrow a news story about how a rabid bear terrorized a family and walked off with someone's child and David booth and his buddies were out shooting plastic targets with there bow when they heard a mothers cries of distress so they run into the woods and track down the bear and save the child....... How many of you would villinize the bear and call booth a hero? Still a dead bear......

Though the part i dont agree with you is the Cow and the Bear. Yes, the Cow is dumb and the Bear is smart. But it doesnt mean that the Bear can be treated better than the Cow. And thats what it disgusts me, our society today pratically focus on protecting the "pretty" animals (that you mentioned above) first.

Man,

If hunting is so easy and the animals have no chance than why do I spend nearly every weekend dawn to dusk during the fall just to get a chance to have a decent shot.

It's not as easy to sneak up on a wild animal in it's natural surroundings as so many people seem to think.

It would be amusing if tomorrow a news story about how a rabid bear terrorized a family and walked off with someone's child and David booth and his buddies were out shooting plastic targets with there bow when they heard a mothers cries of distress so they run into the woods and track down the bear and save the child....... How many of you would villinize the bear and call booth a hero? Still a dead bear......

Man,

If hunting is so easy and the animals have no chance than why do I spend nearly every weekend dawn to dusk during the fall just to get a chance to have a decent shot.

It's not as easy to sneak up on a wild animal in it's natural surroundings as so many people seem to think.

He posted the photo to his personal twitter account. Photos with a group of hunte rfriends is very common to capture the memories. Not an absurd practise IMHO.

Hunting combines sport with a practical pursuit so you can't separate that. I agree, about trophy hunting...never had the stomach for that.

They guy may have just spent 5 days stumbling through the bush before he got that bear. Joy is a natural emotion. I've hunted deer with a bow with buddies. It's a lot of hard work and when it culminates in a successful kill, there is joy and relief.

Just because he is smiling doesn't mean he doesn't respect the animal he killed.

Oh and I guess he should have a good cry after a successful hunt? Give your righteous head a shake. You probably can't wait for better weather to go out and catch a fish......that is unless you are one of those people that believe the salmon was raised in a can.

This thread is hilarious!!! First off, Christianity has nothing to do with being a hunter or not. My uncle is as Christian as it gets....and every single September since I can remember he and his crew goes up north to hunt. They bagged their first moose in a while(damn lottery) just last year. Filled up their freezer and handed out a lot of excellent sausage and jerky. And I know of no one who respects the outdoors more than my uncle.

Sure, hunting is not for me....but I am not going to berate people who do hunt...so long as they are doing it legally, it's their decision. And like it or not, hunting is human nature.

I don't understand the logic in this thread?

I hope you hypocrites realize that something as simple as FISHING is essentially no different from hunting. Cruelty isn't defined by the size of the animal being killed. Pigs/cows/chicken/fish are hunted and killed daily for human survival, I don't see people crying, sympathizing, and making new threads about these "poor animals". Oh and by buying beef/pork/chicken from the supermarket, you're basically supporting all the "evil" farmers/hunters in the world, lol.

Archived