The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

It would be amusing if tomorrow a news story about how a rabid bear terrorized a family and walked off with someone's child and David booth and his buddies were out shooting plastic targets with there bow when they heard a mothers cries of distress so they run into the woods and track down the bear and save the child....... How many of you would villinize the bear and call booth a hero? Still a dead bear......

Wow guys really?!?

Just get over it, it's his prerogative. It is not against the law to hunt bears. My teacher goes out and hunts both deers and bears, then takes pictures with them afterwards. He also eats the meat, how do you know Booth isn't going to eat it?

I honestly believe some people on here are hating because it is David Booth, if it was someone like Hamhuis or maybe Henrik people would have been congratulating them.

This thread is hilarious!!! First off, Christianity has nothing to do with being a hunter or not. My uncle is as Christian as it gets....and every single September since I can remember he and his crew goes up north to hunt. They bagged their first moose in a while(damn lottery) just last year. Filled up their freezer and handed out a lot of excellent sausage and jerky. And I know of no one who respects the outdoors more than my uncle.

Sure, hunting is not for me....but I am not going to berate people who do hunt...so long as they are doing it legally, it's their decision. And like it or not, hunting is human nature.

Hey moron!...If the bear population is not culled, it becomes over-crowded. Bears are territorial and bigger bears push weaker and sick bears out of their territory. These bears have nowhere to go and often encroach on human settlement. Guess what...this becomes a problem bear, eating garbage and endangering the public. These bears often have to be destroyed in the midst of the public.

I actually witnessed one of these "problem' bears that had wandered into a populated area killed by an RCMP with a handgun once. Teh gun was underpowered. teh officer not a good shot so this poor gut-shot animal dragged itself into a nearby lake, and tried to swim away but slowly drowned all to protect the public. It was a horrible way for an animal to die and far more cruel than being hunted responsibly in the wilderness.

The reality of the world is that mankind has taken over vast areas of habitat and if animals are not hunted/culled, they end up in populated areas and then the same non-hunters posting here call the RCMP or animal control officers to come and "dispose" of them.

Some people's hypocracy and lack of understanding knows no bounds.

Wow guys really?!?

Just get over it, it's his prerogative. It is not against the law to hunt bears. My teacher goes out and hunts both deers and bears, then takes pictures with them afterwards. He also eats the meat, how do you know Booth isn't going to eat it?

I honestly believe some people on here are hating because it is David Booth, if it was someone like Hamhuis or maybe Henrik people would have been congratulating them.

I dont like hunting either, but you guys do realize that mankind kind of started with hunting...you know man had to get their food for the family, thus hunting is for men and gathering is for women. We will always see hunting. Some do it for sport, some do it for food. Hes probably going to eat the bear meat. I get that people are sensitive. I am too. My instructor is a proud hunter, he in fact took a vacation right in the middle of my 8 week course with him to go hunting. One of classmates came back a few months later and I happened to be there at teh same time, and the two of them were bragging about this cat that he killed. The next day, I told my instructor that I was concerned with the lack of "cats" and he said "no , there is an abundance of them they just hide really well". Black bears are not in danger, so dont worry guys. It will be alright.

I dont like hunting either, but you guys do realize that mankind kind of started with hunting...you know man had to get their food for the family, thus hunting is for men and gathering is for women. We will always see hunting. Some do it for sport, some do it for food. Hes probably going to eat the bear meat. I get that people are sensitive. I am too. My instructor is a proud hunter, he in fact took a vacation right in the middle of my 8 week course with him to go hunting. One of classmates came back a few months later and I happened to be there at teh same time, and the two of them were bragging about this cat that he killed. The next day, I told my instructor that I was concerned with the lack of "cats" and he said "no , there is an abundance of them they just hide really well". Black bears are not in danger, so dont worry guys. It will be alright.

The bear deserved to die for having claws. I had confrontations with black bears and chased a few in my time - they are to be respected like all large wild animals but generally nothing to get scared about if you come in contact with them. Bull moose are a lot more scary and unpredictable if you run into one and startle it - bears will often run away, a bull moose will not.

My point being that shooting a bear isn't really what hunters would call challenging nor requiring balls.

I bet 95% of the people complaining about Booth killing an innocent bear would have zero hesitation in regards to calling animal control if they found one in their neighbourhood who would likely put down the bear.

Problem with your argument is that you're assuming that all the weak and sick bears are the ones that are hunted as part of the "cull". That ain't so. Trophy hunters go for the biggest, thus the healthiest animals, which often weakens a species over time.

We have encroached on their territory, not the other way around, so the onus is on us to have to be vigilant when one of our communities ends up with a bear in it. It's the cost of us humans wanting more, more, more. Going out and celebrating the killing of these animals all for the sake of cutting its head off and putting it on your wall is not in the spirit of responsible population management. Let's be clear about that.

Unless you use a knife and get right up near the animal to give a fair fight, all modern day hunting is cowardice. But that is humankind in general for you.

If we didn't start eating meat as soon as we did nearly a million years ago, we would never have evolved. That's what saved us.

Our brains increased in size over millenia due to the protein/mineral/nutrient rich blood and meat we feasted on. Back then though homo homo sapiens were true hunters. Fossils of ancient humans prove that one in every four hunts ended with a fatality for the hunter.

If we had to rely on our natural defenses, there would be no modern society. We would have been extinct about a million years ago.

There is a difference in domesticating animals for mass consumption and intruding on another animals enviroment only to kill it for sport.

In my humble opinion, trophy hunters are the lowest form of human, while sustenance hunters are to be respected. I have never taken an animals life that I didn't utilize afterwards. I think it is only fair that I honor whom I have slain.

Domestication for mass consumption has led to some diseases and a general shift in mankind's reliance on instinct. Besides elk tastes way better than beef, and elk aren't fed other elk.

If Booth is only going to mount the head, he's a &$#*@.

Wow. I'm done.

Archived