Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#301 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Killing anything sucks. If we all made it our highest purpose to preserve life in every way possible what an amazing world this would be. We are all stuck on this spinning chunk of rock in a great void. The life we know on earth is the only life we know of - all is precious.

To kill for fun, pleasure, excitement, thrill, ego, pride, or even a religious view that God gave us the supreme dominion over animals so it is our right, to me, is something we need to mentally and spiritually evolve beyond as a species together.

Every life that is lost is like a candle that gets extiguished, and in turn makes the Universe a little darker.

I have no argument from a legal standpoint and I have no argument for killing out of neccessity. I am even of the mind that the way we farm animals is more atrocious than this form of hunting. My point of view is only one that regards the creation and preservation of life as the highest moral achievment a sentient being can strive to attain.

This is where I think the argument comes to a head. Yes, we need sustenance to survive, meat has been one of the oldest forms of doing that (maybe unfortuantely) and has also been incorporated into the fabric of feeding an over populated earth today.

Unfortunately, many of us would die without others processing our food for us (maybe a good thing :) ). Back in days of lesser technology you had to get out and fend for yourselves, there was honor in hunting and stalking animals in order to feed you and your family. Now that we have taken care of problems such as these years ago I personally feel it's very petty, childish, and somewhat cruel to go out hunting other animals like it's a game such as hockey. What a complete lack of respect for the world around you. We were supposed to have evolved from that. The only problem is the alternative of having someone else do it is not much better, even if the only saving grace is that we are all insignificant to those calling the shots. For me, sometimes I'd like those 14 Organic berries you can buy in a little case but they are $5.99, so in order just to get by I will go myself a $1.39 cheeseburger at McDonald's.

In the long run anyone that uses electricty and processed goods is a pawn and an enabler to those that are destroying our world through big business and government, whether you hunt, buy at the grocery store, are a vegan or not. The thing that bugs me about Booth is he just seems to float through everything applying whatever rules happen to benefit him most. However, this wouldn't be the first time someone was judged incorrectly.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#302 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

He's taking some serious heat on twitter
Someone even started a fb campaign to get him traded
Booth better perform well next year. Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

I think he's a pretty likable guy. A little different to most players, but I don't have a problem with that.

Also, I find it pretty funny that the first few pages are generally people condemning Booth, and then later in the thread when some people begin to defend him everyone jumps in. Almost like people are scared of being ridiculed for having a different opinion.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 02 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#303 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Awe I love most city people, not knowing anything outside of what Skytrain route to take or the best coffee shop to lay the laptop down...Jesus

It's usually the country folk that are into... Jesus.

#304 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Now to get the Shrek a.k.a Lucic.

Actually i'd rather point his bow at Lucic and get him to come over to our side!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#305 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

This is where I think the argument comes to a head. Yes, we need sustenance to survive, meat has been one of the oldest forms of doing that (maybe unfortuantely) and has also been incorporated into the fabric of feeding an over populated earth today.

Unfortunately, many of us would die without others processing our food for us (maybe a good thing :) ). Back in days of lesser technology you had to get out and fend for yourselves, there was honor in hunting and stalking animals in order to feed you and your family. Now that we have taken care of problems such as these years ago I personally feel it's very petty, childish, and somewhat cruel to go out hunting other animals like it's a game such as hockey. What a complete lack of respect for the world around you. We were supposed to have evolved from that. The only problem is the alternative of having someone else do it is not much better, even if the only saving grace is that we are all insignificant to those calling the shots. For me, sometimes I'd like those 14 Organic berries you can buy in a little case but they are $5.99, so in order just to get by I will go myself a $1.39 cheeseburger at McDonald's.

In the long run anyone that uses electricty and processed goods is a pawn and an enabler to those that are destroying our world through big business and government, whether you hunt, buy at the grocery store, are a vegan or not. The thing that bugs me about Booth is he just seems to float through everything applying whatever rules happen to benefit him most. However, this wouldn't be the first time someone was judged incorrectly.

agreed. I work in the mineral exploration/mining industry. People complain about it all the time just like how they complain about oil spills, then they turn around, get into their metal cars and drive home on the oil pumped out of the ground.
If people are so environmentally friendly to save bears, they should go live in a cave stop using metals, plastics, and oil. Live off the land. Of course, they talk the talk but never walk the walk.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#306 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

Seriously agree. Anyone claiming hunting is cruel needs to take a walk through the living nightmare that is a commercial slaughterhouse. It'll reconfigure your priorities.

"Bears are beautiful, but f--- cows, chickens and pigs, I want a happy meal."

Edited by sirwilliam, 02 May 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#307 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Between his extreme beliefs, lack of consistency on the ice, and his extra curricular interests I personally am finding him really hard to like

Extreme? Extreme would be going on the PA during a game and reciting John 3:16, or unfurling a banner in between periods. How is this "extreme" version of Booth any different from Hamhuis, Doan, Fisher, or any of the other Christian NHL players?

I get it - you don't like Booth because he's inconsistent, a cap killer at 4.25/yr, and an underachiever even when paired up with the Sedins. But PLEASE, oh PLEASE do not cross the line between his personal and professional life (which should be the only one we fans worry about, and is by CDC rule the only one we can talk about)

#308 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Dang city slickers eatin their 40-80 steaks that were bread for the sole purpose of fillin their belly...

but i only eat white meat.... cause they don't feel anything....

i only eat fish... cause its okay to put miles of netting in the water, haul it all out, then pick and chose what we eat...

if Johnny Canuck took that bear out with his axe... it wouldn't matter, everyone hates the Canucks already....

its a lot easier when its on a nice white plate and you can pretend it didn't have to be killed so you can enjoy the taste....

and even veggie lovers, you know those huge tractors that go mow down all those fields.... there are plenty of lil gophers, bunny rabbits, and a few other lovely lil critters gettin mulched up... so they can keep up to the demand of produce

This reminds of the the South Park episode where the Americans are up in arms about the Japanese killing dolphins and whales... the Americans blame the dolpins and whales for Hiroshima...... the Americans can't believe the Japanese would kill dolphins and whales... so what do the americans do? convince them that it was the cow and chicken that did a number on Hiroshima...

Americans look at other cultures and go omg, wtf, thats terrible...

So we change them to suit our view... two different animals.... wow...

Edited by Captain Hindsight, 02 May 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#309 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Awe I love most city people, not knowing anything outside of what Skytrain route to take or the best coffee shop to lay the laptop down...Jesus

Just like country folk, not knowing how to read.

Posted Image

I can make generalisations too!

#310 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Dang city slickers eatin their 40-80 steaks that were bread for the sole purpose of fillin their belly...

but i only eat white meat.... cause they don't feel anything....

i only eat fish... cause its okay to put miles of netting in the water, haul it all out, then pick and chose what we eat...

if Johnny Canuck took that bear out with his axe... it wouldn't matter, everyone hates the Canucks already....

its a lot easier when its on a nice white plate and you can pretend it didn't have to be killed so you can enjoy the taste....

and even veggie lovers, you know those huge tractors that go mow down all those fields.... there are plenty of lil gophers, bunny rabbits, and a few other lovely lil critters gettin mulched up... so they can keep up to the demand of produce

Is that a poem?

#311 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I completely see where you are coming from and the points you have are all valid. One thing in particular is how you metion Booth seems to float through everything applying whatever rules happen to benefit him most. I for one do seem to find that with a lot of "Christian" people.

Many Christians are great people in a lot of ways, but I think where their religion creates problems is the mentality that "they are saved because Jesus died for them on the cross."

This, I find, almost gives them an attitude that it doesn't matter what they do or how they act as their sins will be absolved because Jesus died for them already. Also, that a belief in Jesus secures this absolution from the sins that they will commit since they are only human and not perfect like Jesus.

A note to anyone reading this, I am only saying this from observations in my life as I was raised Catholic and most of my friends are devout Christians. Me saying this is not a judgement of whether or not their lifestyles are right or wrong just simply what I have observed.
Posted Image

#312 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

TRADE BOOTH B CUZ HE KILLS BEARS!!111!!!111

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#313 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

this might be a stupid question, but i've never hunted in my life nor do i have interest in...so please excuse my ignorance...but after they killed that bear...um...what do they do with it? eat it? or just leave it there?

i'm not an animal activist either, but i'm sure there's lots of better things to get excited about than to go shoot something that was not a threat to you or anyone. Going out of your way to kill anything for fun is just cruel to me...

isn't david booth a holy man also? God can't be pleased with that...just saying.

#314 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

TRADE BOOTH B CUZ HE KILLS BEARS!!111!!!111

Nope just as long as he is doing it whenever we face Boston. :towel:
Posted Image

#315 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Wooohoo!!!
Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Haha, well put.

People have such a schizophrenic attitude towards animals. Like, it's ok to butcher and eat cow, but people absolutely freak out if you eat a horse.

If you were to serve someone eggs and fried dog meat for breakfast, they'd toss their cookies. But bacon's fine, even though a pig is just as intelligent.

Bah.
Posted Image

#316 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Both sides have valid arguements. However, animals are way smarter than humans will ever be.
They don't need humans for survival. Infact most of what humans know, we have learned from animals.
We all think our domesticated dogs and cats can't survive without us, but yes they can,even the morons who think chickens and cows can't survive without us are wrong.
Not a single creature on this planet needs us humans to survive and thrive. We need them. Therefore they are superior to us.

#317 Danielcook604

Danielcook604

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

this might be a stupid question, but i've never hunted in my life nor do i have interest in...so please excuse my ignorance...but after they killed that bear...um...what do they do with it? eat it? or just leave it there?

i'm not an animal activist either, but i'm sure there's lots of better things to get excited about than to go shoot something that was not a threat to you or anyone.  Going out of your way to kill anything for fun is just cruel to me...

isn't david booth a holy man also? God can't be pleased with that...just saying.

We skin the bear, dry the fur and cure it along with the head. You can take some of the bear parts to china town (especially the paw) for use in chinese medicine as they have for thousands of years. The meat is extremely good meat if its mixed fatty pork used with sausages.  I'd put bear meat to be on par with Boar meat its just as tough, but if its braised it tastes extremely good!The head and skin can actually take up to a year to cure in salt, we usually take it to some one else to do on the native reserve since its much cheaper.

Edited by Danielcook604, 02 May 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#318 Danielcook604

Danielcook604

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Seriously agree. Anyone claiming hunting is cruel needs to take a walk through the living nightmare that is a commercial slaughterhouse. It'll reconfigure your priorities.

"Bears are beautiful, but f--- cows, chickens and pigs, I want a happy meal."

Completely Agree with you!!! thank you, go to the Olympic fine meats slaughter house on marine drive, enjoy it while they shove electric steel picks down the chickens throats, and basically steel compressed air guns that drives deep into the cows brain. I've seen it, you'll think hunting is a joy after experiencing it.

#319 Danielcook604

Danielcook604

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Haha, well put.

People have such a schizophrenic attitude towards animals. Like, it's ok to butcher and eat cow, but people absolutely freak out if you eat a horse.

If you were to serve someone eggs and fried dog meat for breakfast, they'd toss their cookies. But bacon's fine, even though a pig is just as intelligent.

Bah.

I would love for some of these people to visit places like eastern europe, heck just visit china especially Gangzhou they eat EVERYTHING. You can walk down the street and see them butchering everything on the street blood flying everywhere. Been there, done that! Even stopped thelp slaughter a few chickens. Yes they run around with their heads cut off ;p

#320 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

We skin the bear, dry the fur and cure it along with the head. You can take some of the bear parts to china town (especially the paw) for use in chinese medicine as they have for thousands of years. The meat is extremely good meat if its mixed fatty pork used with sausages. I'd put bear meat to be on par with Boar meat its just as tough, but if its braised it tastes extremely good!The head and skin can actually take up to a year to cure in salt, we usually take it to some one else to do on the native reserve since its much cheaper.

If you are selling the parts that's illegal.
Also you are contributing to the ongoing smuggling/illegal selling/international trade problems in the province.

You should be reported to the authorities.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#321 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Both sides have valid arguements. However, animals are way smarter than humans will ever be.
They don't need humans for survival. Infact most of what humans know, we have learned from animals.
We all think our domesticated dogs and cats can't survive without us, but yes they can,even the morons who think chickens and cows can't survive without us are wrong.
Not a single creature on this planet needs us humans to survive and thrive. We need them. Therefore they are superior to us.

I reject your second premise: "We need them"
humans existed before domestication of animals or plants. We don't need them to survive.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#322 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wooohoo!!!
Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Did u eat it?

The only thing I find pathetic is if people head out and shoot animals 'for fun. Then try to justify their pitiful lives by taking pictures with their guns, like it was some great victory. Or acting like they actually accomplished anything. That's my main problem is the 'attitude of hunting. I'm sure most people aren't proud, that animals are slaughtered everyday so they can eat. You won't find me going over to the local slaughterhouse and taking pictures standing over a pig with a big meat cleaver.

Fact is hunters don't really accomplish anything because they try to eliminate any difficulty in killing the animals. It's more about getting together with the guys and throwing down a few beers than anything. You could simply do that at the bar, maybe even get a girl instead of a carcass. And making yourself feel empowered or like 'the big man - for killing an animal that didn't stand a chance.

As well judging by the photo - you boys are so out of shape you sure as hell didn't chase the bear. Jean and t-shirts? It's obvious just from the photo there wasn't any big effort put into that. Just an easy kill a few giggles and then some mindless beer chugging.

Or am I wrong?

Edited by Special Ed, 02 May 2012 - 01:38 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#323 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

i LoL'd When I first read his tweet
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#324 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

If you are selling the parts that's illegal.
Also you are contributing to the ongoing smuggling/illegal selling/international trade problems in the province.

You should be reported to the authorities.

I work in the Chinese Medicine field and it is absolutely illegal to deal in Bear parts in any way. I hope the person posting that they sell the parts in Chinatown was really only saying that to help validate his point.
Posted Image

#325 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Special Ed.....you are stereotyping hunters. As I said earlier, my uncle and his friends are all hunters who do it yearly. None of them drink, none of them just hunt for giggles. They take it seriously and they pack their freezer with everything they take down.

I hate killing animals myself but I can't speak because I love a good steak or BBQ chicken breast! As long as hunters are doing it legally, I just don't understand why so many people have a problem with it. And where does Booth say he won't be eating the bear? A lot of people enjoy bear.
Posted Image

#326 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Special Ed.....you are stereotyping hunters. As I said earlier, my uncle and his friends are all hunters who do it yearly. None of them drink, none of them just hunt for giggles. They take it seriously and they pack their freezer with everything they take down.

I hate killing animals myself but I can't speak because I love a good steak or BBQ chicken breast! As long as hunters are doing it legally, I just don't understand why so many people have a problem with it. And where does Booth say he won't be eating the bear? A lot of people enjoy bear.

Because he refuses to acknowledge facts. What they're doing is humane and he's so deep he can't take it back now.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#327 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hippies and tree huggers, this whole thread makes me want to grab a 6-pack, go out and shoot something. FFS it's a bear, cereal killers don't catch as much crap as this.

#328 Ryan17Kesler17

Ryan17Kesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

The problem is there is no balance with humans, we have the ability and technology to keep people alive where otherwise they would die.
Nature doesn't have this problem, there is balance.
We come along and frack up the balance, we are the problem.
Can't wait for the day that mother nature strikes back, the balance is restored.
/rant

So you're saying you want animals to come and kill humans?! You want children to starve to death. You actually would perfer mother nature to get her revenge than respecting human life? You don't deserve to be a human if you think like this

/end rant?

#329 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Did u eat it?

The only thing I find pathetic is if people head out and shoot animals 'for fun. Then try to justify their pitiful lives by taking pictures with their guns, like it was some great victory. Or acting like they actually accomplished anything. That's my main problem is the 'attitude of hunting. I'm sure most people aren't proud, that animals are slaughtered everyday so they can eat. You won't find me going over to the local slaughterhouse and taking pictures standing over a pig with a big meat cleaver.

Fact is hunters don't really accomplish anything because they try to eliminate any difficulty in killing the animals. It's more about getting together with the guys and throwing down a few beers than anything. You could simply do that at the bar, maybe even get a girl instead of a carcass. And making yourself feel empowered or like 'the big man - for killing an animal that didn't stand a chance.

As well judging by the photo - you boys are so out of shape you sure as hell didn't chase the bear. Jean and t-shirts? It's obvious just from the photo there wasn't any big effort put into that. Just an easy kill a few giggles and then some mindless beer chugging.

Or am I wrong?

:picard:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#330 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I reject your second premise: "We need them"
humans existed before domestication of animals or plants. We don't need them to survive.

Modern man is cluless how to survive without agriculture and commercial meat. Most people don't even know how to use a tool let alone make one. Grow a garden nope. Survive from the forest ? no way!
True mankind would survive, but not until 99% of us perish via starvation and cannabalism.
Even the caveman's children knew how to hunt and make tools, and make fires without matches.
Kids today have no survival skills whatsoever.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.