Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#391 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

First I killed Captain Crunch, then Count Chockula, then that Tony the Tiger mtherfcker.

Tell me I'm wrong. :lol:

Just stay away from the Cheerio bee, he's innocent i tell ya!

#392 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

I haven't glazed over those posts concerning population control and other such aspects. In fact I found them quite informational and have allowed my personal biased beliefs to updated. Thank you. It may not seem like it but I do enjoy becoming a more rounded person.

I of course can't prove this but I just feel that most of hunting pushes towards the negative aspects being discussed here. My main points were that maybe hunting and such is just as humane, or probably moreso than the slaughter house but perhaps it is a human injustice to the animals that will die in the natural habitat (and some will no matter) to stand and gloat over top of their dead bodies and take pictures of them and celebrate their death. It's the thought process in the human mind here that I take issue with.

At worst, Booth "miscalculated" posting that picture on twitter though, in his defdense, it is HIS twitter account.

I am just as appalled by city folk who buy jacked-up monster pick ups to drive around and post pictures of their "trophy" all smiles and giggles. Totally useless vehicle for, huge imapct on teh environment serving no purpose byt to impress others. Oh, andmuch easier to come by than a bear shot by bow.

The human psyche will always find a way to disappoint...just look at Special Ed for example.

#393 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm thinking the debate over the ethics of sport hunting is secondary. And this thread has been jacked by "experts" on both sides. It's not being discussed here to decide on behalf of humanity if hunting is good or bad. We're only discussing it here because David Booth plays for the Vancouver Canucks.

To me it boils down to - he can do whatever he wants on his own time. He can justify it however way he wants to. But he should have enough common sense to know his actions may offend some people.

Dude needs to get off twitter for his own good.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#394 DCypher

DCypher

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Bear hunting was big way back in the middle ages eh?

Well that just completely blows my statement, that people dont usually hunt bears for meat these days. Right out of the water now doesnt it? How about some examples of recent hunting bears for food. Thanks.

OK - this is getting ridiculous. I rarely post here (tend to get more amusement out of watching the arguments than participating in them) but since you keep asking the same question over and over, here you go.

April 17th, 2011. West of Spirit River, AB. A groomsman from my wedding (who is an avid bow hunter BTW) stalked and killed a ~400lb black bear, yeilding approximately 180lbs of meat, most of which has already been consumed, some of which still remains in my deepfreeze at home. I don't eat red meat often, but when I do I prefer something that has real flavour and texture. Most of the time that means wild game.

Mar 4th, 2008. Near Chinchaga Wildlands, AB. Same person as above, 300lb bear, 145lbs meat.

I can go on but just because you have never heard it happen doesn't mean it hasn't.

Edited by DCypher, 02 May 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#395 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Posted Image

#396 DCypher

DCypher

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ya, but he is a tool for hunting bear.

Why? How is hunting bear any different than deer, moose, rabbit, etc. They are all mammals, all regarded as having social tendencies, and all "intelligent" (I use quotes because I do understand that they have varying levels of intelligence but I don't want this to go back to the previous argument of dumb cows vs smart bears that happened earlier in this topic).

Edited by DCypher, 02 May 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#397 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

That's not true! I have different parts than her and she than me. :bigblush:

#398 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Why? How is hunting bear any different than deer, moose, rabbit, etc. They are all mammals, all regarded as having social tendencies, and all "intelligent" (I use quotes because I do understand that they have varying levels of intelligence but I don't want this to go back to the previous argument of dumb cows vs smart bears that happened earlier in this topic).

On a certain level of thinking, there is nothing wrong with hunting bear, or anything for that matter. Certainly human beings do enough killing of each other to render any truth to peta's argumentation or any other kind nonsensical.

However, IF you care about keeping species around and bio-diversity in general, then hunting for sport is a general faux-pas. Even if you eat the meat.

#399 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

That's not true! I have different parts than her and she than me. :bigblush:

lol

#400 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hey that's cool. But you have to admit it wasn't hard for them to kill the animal. There's very little difficulty and it isn't much to brag about. Go out with a group of guys, with guns against one single animal - who doesn't know any better. that's all I'm saying. At least when you eat the kill there's some honor. But many don't and I don't feel booth is eating that bear meat.

Takes a lot of skill involved I mean from that last picture - a couple chubby casual 'jean and t-shirt guys, can walk out and accomplish it. Congratulations on that amazing victory over the bear. I mean it must have been a battle of the ages. Something you can pass on from generation to generation.

You have no idea how hard it is to take a bear with a bow or a gun. How do you consider yourself qualified to make statements about hunting when all you have ever done is go on an Easter Bunny hunt?
At least say something that you are qualified to say instead of spouting off like a know it all babbling brook.

Edited by bluesman60, 02 May 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#401 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

At worst, Booth "miscalculated" posting that picture on twitter though, in his defdense, it is HIS twitter account.

I am just as appalled by city folk who buy jacked-up monster pick ups to drive around and post pictures of their "trophy" all smiles and giggles. Totally useless vehicle for, huge imapct on teh environment serving no purpose byt to impress others. Oh, andmuch easier to come by than a bear shot by bow.

The human psyche will always find a way to disappoint...just look at Special Ed for example.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a bad habit of completely disagreeing with things that I do not frequently particapte in (do not get me going on American Idol) or am not familiar with. I think others may too. Not growing up with a gun in my hand I have never really hunted so I really don't know what goes on. However, I'm pretty sure I would love to head into the woods with a bunch of buddies, drink beer, and be around the comraderie, danger and all that bonding crap :lol: . I love stuff like that. I think it's an unfortunate part of life that we must kill each other but that is life ... and death. At then end of the day I have no problem with hunting just with the concept that it is fun as compared to neccesary. I find things like that disrespectful but as humans we will never all agree on anything.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#402 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Every life returns to the earth! Every single one!!! It's the circle of life. It's not if a being will die but when and how.

AN honourable idea you have but entirely naive and unrealistic.

Yah I know, I watched Lion King too.
Posted Image

#403 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yah I know, I watched Lion King too.

Great movie! You do realize that animals dont actually speak English, right? :bigblush:

#404 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

this whole freaking thread is assumptions nothing more nothing less

no one has any actual evidence that booth did this for food or the trophy or here is a crazy thought perhaps both

#405 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

OK - this is getting ridiculous. I rarely post here (tend to get more amusement out of watching the arguments than participating in them) but since you keep asking the same question over and over, here you go.

April 17th, 2011. West of Spirit River, AB. A groomsman from my wedding (who is an avid bow hunter BTW) stalked and killed a ~400lb black bear, yeilding approximately 180lbs of meat, most of which has already been consumed, some of which still remains in my deepfreeze at home. I don't eat red meat often, but when I do I prefer something that has real flavour and texture. Most of the time that means wild game.

Mar 4th, 2008. Near Chinchaga Wildlands, AB. Same person as above, 300lb bear, 145lbs meat.

I can go on but just because you have never heard it happen doesn't mean it hasn't.

2008 and 2011. My point is not that it never happens. But that its unlikely that when a bear is killed its consumed(specially in present times). Its usually a mere trophy hunt. Im not sure why anyone would want to eat a bear anyway. Eating a predator animal seems strange to me. I wouldnt eat wolf, eagle, cat, dog, shark, snake or any other animals as such. For me i have a well defined food group of prey items. Pig, chicken, cow and i have tried ostrich and buffalo.

I look at it this way. If i was in the wild and can choose what to kill and eat it would most likely fall under the 'prey group rather than the 'predator group. And if you really feel the need to go after the group i choose to not feed on thats fine. Although personally its not for me. Anyway i still feel quite certain that bears are killed far more as trophies than food. Dont like trophy hunting unless youre on equal terms, or at least fair terms. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of getting a 'trophy. If its not earned.

Edited by Special Ed, 02 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#406 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

2008 and 2011. My point is not that it never happens. But its unlikely that when a bear is killed its consumed. Its usually a mere trophy hunt. Im not sure why anyone would want to eat a bear anyway. Eating a predator animal seems strange to me. I would touch wolf, eagle, cat, dog, shark, snake or any other animals as such. For me i have a well defined food group of prey items. Pig, chicken, cow and i have tried ostrich and buffalo.

I look at it this way. If i was in the wild and can choose what to kill and eat it would most likely fall under the 'prey group rather than the 'predator group. And if you really feel the need to go after the group i choose to not feed on thats fine. Although personally its not for me. Anyway i still feel quite certain that bears are killed far more as trophies than food. Dont like trophy hunting unless youre on equal terms, or at least fair terms. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of getting a 'trophy. If its not earned.

the point is it does happen people do eat bear plain and simple there is no way to know what happens to every single bear that is hunted

#407 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

If David Booth was aware of all the fuss he's caused he'd probably be laughing his ass off. This is why an early playoff exit is disastrous for Canucks fans. They will resort to posting 14 pages worth of negative and positive reactions to one of their players going bear hunting and then tweeting about it.

#408 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

You have no idea how hard it is to take a bear with a bow or a gun. How do you consider yourself qualified to make statements about hunting when all you have ever done is go on an Easter Bunny hunt?
At least say something that you are qualified to say instead of spouting off like a know it all babbling brook.

So now i have to be qualified to make statements about hunting? Just so you know youre on a hockey forum and yes, non hunting experts may offer opinions. So Im not sure what your point is - other than sounding butthurt and throwing an e-tantrum. I dont like trophy hunting personally, for reasons i have already detailed previously. And i think that even hunting for food is often just a shroud for trophy hunting. Hunting is not needed anymore, but some people want to have their 'fun'.

Edited by Special Ed, 02 May 2012 - 05:27 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#409 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Issue with Booth is that he is a high profile athlete (well at least in Vancouver) who sets an example to young kids.

I'm sure most people wouldn't want their kids to emulate that kind of behaviour.

Problem is that bear populations world-wide are undergoing immense pressures, and if we keep hunting them, or advertise hunting (like Booth did), we will kill them all off.

Hunting (and recreational fishing for that matter) is a wonderful and fun thing to do - but not on wild species that could become extinct. Or do you think that bears are on the other side of the Nirvana equation (it's ok to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings)?

Despite hunting and human intrusion the black bear population is on the rise throughout most of North America. I dont have a problem with people who hunt as long as it is done legally. ( wasting the meat from an otherwise legally killed animal is unlawful in the US & Canada ) Those people that choose to kill an animal only for its head, gall bladder or claws are the ones that piss me off.
http://www.iucnredli...details/41687/0

#410 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Havnt posted in a while:P

The picture he took kinda made me sick when I first saw it. Very sad. But, this is probably because 1. I am not a fan of hunting and 2. I am a vegetarian.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should leave it that.

Though I would rather see a pic of Booth practising his shot and passing.

#411 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Vegetables are farmed on land that used to be animal habitat. So if your a vegetarian, your contributing to the deaths of animals. Your a sociopath if you can justify otherwise.

Do you have children? If you have a child then you are contributing to the deaths of thousands and thousands of animals for every child you have.

Do you like to shower? Do you know soap is made from?

Bears are scavengers and will only hunt if food is scarce. Limiting populations in a regulated way SAVES bears, SAVES other animals, and SAVES humans by preventing bears from entering our habitat.

Booth spent days hunting in the wilderness to track down and kill a bear legally. Like all humans, he accomplished something that he worked hard for and so he was happy - hence the smile. Like all humans, he wanted to share his accomplishment - hence the tweet.

Everyone of you anti-Booth posters have had every one of your arguments refuted with facts. For those of you just joining this is what the 14 previous pages say:

Anti-Booth "OMG Both killed a bear and tweeted it! He is anti-christian! Killing bears is bad! He is cruel to animals! He should have wrestled a clawed 800 pound bear with thick skin naked using only his teeth to kill it! He just left the bear in the wild and cut off his head for a trophy!"

Pro-Booth "He took part in a legal and neccessary culling. No where in the bible does it say thou shall not hunt. Hunting bears is important to our eco systems. It is more cruel to go and get your food from a supermarket. A normal gun shot won't kill a bear. He brought home the bear and used the meat for food."

Obviously most of the anti-Booth posters never took the time to read what posters wrote on the first page. Every whine they have made up to this post was refuted by facts on the first page.

I know that anti-hunting is what all the cool hipsters cry about right now. But you really should know that 100 informed and fact based pro-hunting arguments, some having over +50 +'s, hold alot more wait then saying "Oh Noes U R BADS" because that is exactly what you sound like.

I always respected people who are vegetarians because of dietary choice. I respect people who look out for the welfare of animals. But the arguments against what Booth is doing are so ignorant and baseless you hipsters disgrace peta and other organizations who actually use facts to back up their impudent whining.

#412 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Great movie! You do realize that animals dont actually speak English, right? :bigblush:

What?!?! They don't? pffff then obviously theyre not very smart I say Kill Them All!!

Totally thought it was a documentary! :)

Edited by Hamhuis' Beard, 02 May 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

#413 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Langford Brad layin it down. Well said!
Posted Image

#414 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

In some countires, that isn't a silly question.  I do know it's always available at the Conservation Club game night dinners though.

It is a silly question in Canada which was where Booth killed the bear.

#415 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

i'm not a vegetarian. but i think there is a difference between killing a wild bear and a captive cow. I'm not opposed to killing animals, and indeed sometimes it is necessary because of overpopulation.

i've taken care of cows. cows are dumb as a rock. they don't have meaningful relationships. they go around being cows, eating and pooping, until one day someone hits them on the head real good. then we cut all the food off of them.

bears are beautiful. they're smart and depending on the kind of bear they're social, and curious. this may be an artificial or superficial line to make, but it's the same one that makes it easy to squash an ant, and hard to kill a dog.

there's a reason we shy away from killing whales and horses and dogs and dolphins. killing a bear, to me, falls in that category.

either way what really, really, bugs me about this whole thing, isn't even killing the bear. I can imagine good people, with different beliefs than mine, going out and killing a bear. but the way this image was just posted on twitter with the grins and everything, just makes it seem as if they didn't really care about this bear at all.

i've known hunters, and all of them have extreme respect for the animals they kill and extreme humility and thankfulness for nature, and animals in general. killing a bear should not be "oh hey, look what i did today" or "look at me, i'm such a man" or anything even remotely close. maybe it was just a clumsy move, but to me this oozes trophy killing.

what did this bear die for? food? booth ate the bear? or did this help booth's subsistence in any way? did it help anyone else's? or was it just a fun day out, coulda went out bowling but instead i shot a bear, look at me i'm so awesome?

I find this post very disturbing. To justify killing cows because they are dumb and then turn around to say bears should not be killed is just appalling. It's like saying a special needs isn't as important as a supermodel.

Don't get me wrong. I eat meat. I have hunted a couple of times. A lot of hunters take pictures. Usually when you take a picture you smile. There is, however, a limit as I have seen a picture before where a hunter was practically mocking the moose he had killed. THAT should be where the line is. This picture of Booth doesn't come close to that picture I have seen; therefore, I don't see anything wrong in the way they took the picture.

I also hate to break it to you, but the Japanese eat dolphin meat, families in Mexico will eat dog meat. Just because something is not socially acceptable in Canadian society (and I'm sure you can find those types of meat somewhere in Vancouver even) doesn't mean it doesn't happen somewhere in the world.
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#416 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Basic summary of the thread so far....

Bunch of anti hunters bashing Booth and fellow hunters without explanation other then "it's wrong". Not giving any actual reason as to why its wrong, just that it evil. Basically the whole "holier than thou" routine.

Hunters then trying to explain how hunting is actually a necessary part of keeping the balance in the environment. Giving explanations of the many rules and regulations that control hunting, and how the animal does not go to waste.

Anti hunters hunters put their fingers in their ears while continuing with their blind hatred.

Edited by Captain Can, 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#417 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Did u eat it?

The only thing I find pathetic is if people head out and shoot animals 'for fun. Then try to justify their pitiful lives by taking pictures with their guns, like it was some great victory. Or acting like they actually accomplished anything. That's my main problem is the 'attitude of hunting. I'm sure most people aren't proud, that animals are slaughtered everyday so they can eat. You won't find me going over to the local slaughterhouse and taking pictures standing over a pig with a big meat cleaver.

Fact is hunters don't really accomplish anything because they try to eliminate any difficulty in killing the animals. It's more about getting together with the guys and throwing down a few beers than anything. You could simply do that at the bar, maybe even get a girl instead of a carcass. And making yourself feel empowered or like 'the big man - for killing an animal that didn't stand a chance.

As well judging by the photo - you boys are so out of shape you sure as hell didn't chase the bear. Jean and t-shirts? It's obvious just from the photo there wasn't any big effort put into that. Just an easy kill a few giggles and then some mindless beer chugging.

Or am I wrong?

You sir are completely clueless when it comes to what's involved in hunting. I've been on many hunting trips, and know alot of people who hunt and if you think it's about stumbling around in the bush half cut.....wow I don't...can't.... :picard:

You should really educate yourself on the subject.

Edited by beer&meat, 02 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#418 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I find this post very disturbing. To justify killing cows because they are dumb and then turn around to say bears should not be killed is just appalling. It's like saying a special needs isn't as important as a supermodel.

Don't get me wrong. I eat meat. I have hunted a couple of times. A lot of hunters take pictures. Usually when you take a picture you smile. There is, however, a limit as I have seen a picture before where a hunter was practically mocking the moose he had killed. THAT should be where the line is. This picture of Booth doesn't come close to that picture I have seen; therefore, I don't see anything wrong in the way they took the picture.

I also hate to break it to you, but the Japanese eat dolphin meat, families in Mexico will eat dog meat. Just because something is not socially acceptable in Canadian society (and I'm sure you can find those types of meat somewhere in Vancouver even) doesn't mean it doesn't happen somewhere in the world.

Cows are not dumb either, they are just slow.

I think David Booth shows he is not very quick either -- I mean Vancouverites are not pro hunting for sport in general...if he was on an Alberta team it would be fine to post that kinda thing, be in general us city folks don't like seeing animals killed for the sake of a prize.

I understand hunting for food, that makes sense, but I do not understand hunting for sport. Population control of black bears? is that what he is doing? then they could do it differently than bow -- a tranquilizer and then death injection might be more humane.

I dunno, it just seems wrong to show that animal lying there dead like that, it's sad. Even if it was a rat, i would think it was insensitive to life.

I also hate seeing the old growth cedar trees parade past my house to be cut at the cedar mill and sold to Japan. Our forests, our wildlife is our Canada I prefer to see it living not dead.

Booth is not funny by making this about the Bruins, he didn't play them last year, he doesn't have a clue what it meant to this city and his team mates to be that close... I just don't understand the guy frankly.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#419 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Maybe Booth should clarify if he actually used the bear or let it go to waste so he can end this controversy.

My problem is that Booth made some stupid Chara comment. Crap like that is always going to cause even more controversy, get the Bruins fired up and it doesn't help the Canucks.

Edited by The Situation, 02 May 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

#420 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Cows are not dumb either, they are just slow.

I think David Booth shows he is not very quick either -- I mean Vancouverites are not pro hunting for sport in general...if he was on an Alberta team it would be fine to post that kinda thing, be in general us city folks don't like seeing animals killed for the sake of a prize.

I understand hunting for food, that makes sense, but I do not understand hunting for sport. Population control of black bears? is that what he is doing? then they could do it differently than bow -- a tranquilizer and then death injection might be more humane.

I dunno, it just seems wrong to show that animal lying there dead like that, it's sad. Even if it was a rat, i would think it was insensitive to life.

I also hate seeing the old growth cedar trees parade past my house to be cut at the cedar mill and sold to Japan. Our forests, our wildlife is our Canada I prefer to see it living not dead.

Booth is not funny by making this about the Bruins, he didn't play them last year, he doesn't have a clue what it meant to this city and his team mates to be that close... I just don't understand the guy frankly.

Are you willing to have your taxes increased, insurances on boats and trailers, costs of fishing licenses all increase just so an animal can be "destroyed" and then burnt to ashes just so your idea of "Humanely" controlling a population is met?

You people continue to speculate that this was an inhumane, beer drinking, stumbling around the bush telling jokes about how they are going to pop a cap in some bears a$$.
As for him "making it about the bruins" Do you know forsure that's what he is referancing, for all you know this is a joke between him and Chara (Whom could be friends) D.B. has been quoted saying him and Tim Thomas have spoken on numerous occasions about hunting.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.