Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#451 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,429 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

I didn't look at the picture (never do with this stuff).

It's strange, I come from a long line of hunters, with my brother still hunting to this day. NEVER for trophies - it's always just been Dad/brother's way to obtain game and fowl for meat as consumption.

I never ever did get used to finding geese and ducks hanging by their necks at the back door, but grew to accept why they did it. I mean, anyone eating a chicken burger is a hypocrite to suggest hunting is cruel - as stated earlier, it's a more "humane" (for lack of a better word) way of killing animals for food than to mass farm them.

But to kill an animal for sport is not something I could ever support. Senseless and doesn't make you anymore of a man...actually, less because you've lost a fragment of empathy and kindness somewhere along the way.

Posted Image

#452 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

So I've got a simple question for all:

Are humans still a part of nature?

Or have we evolved to the point where we have removed ourselves from the REST of the animals on the planet.

#453 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

.... I feel we are beating a dead horse.... or bear...

#454 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

No doubt a city slicker hypocrite who has no idea where his steaks and Nikes come from. Special (Olympic) Ed is entitled his opinion, even when it is weak and wrong.
Good for Booth!! Nice black bear.

I'm going grizzly hunting this weekend - if I get one, I' call him Ed.

Edited by Real deal - Stan Smyl, 03 May 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#455 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

the only good that came out of this tweet was bieksas seemingly smartass reply asking if the bear had a crossbow too. hunting for sport makes no sense to me and i think less of anyone who does it. but i wouldnt expect anything more of a bible thumping yank like booth. clearly he doesnt love all of gods creatures! thou shalt not kill, buddy!

Why would Bieksa care about the "fairness" of a confrontation?? Isn't he the guy who fought little Patty Marleau in the playoffs last year? Not exactly an even matchup there....... In fact I think I saw a thread on here awhile back that said something about Bieksa beating his wife and his dog. True? Wouldn't surprise me.

#456 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image

Here ya go guys

Tru Knyte,

What a contribution to the discussion! A tampon. What does that mean?

We are a bunch of women? How is that supposed to make the women who post here feel?
Posted Image

#457 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Tru Knyte,

What a contribution to the discussion! A tampon. What does that mean?

We are a bunch of women? How is that supposed to make the women who post here feel?

So that's not ok (which I agree with) but I wonder if Deb saying it doesn't make him "more of a man" is ok? (not singling out Deb at all as many said it she was just the last one)

Oh never mind I just saw your "grow a set of balls" comment. I guess I know where you stand on the hypocrisy.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 03 May 2012 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#458 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

No doubt a city slicker hypocrite who has no idea where his steaks and Nikes come from. Special (Olympic) Ed is entitled his opinion, even when it is weak and wrong.
Good for Booth!! Nice black bear.

I'm going grizzly hunting this weekend - if I get one, I' call him Ed.

You gonna eat the grizzly Smyl? If so, fair enough. I can respect sustenance hunters.

If you are a trophy hunter, do me a favor. Grow a set of balls.
Posted Image

#459 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

So I've got a simple question for all:

Are humans still a part of nature?

Or have we evolved to the point where we have removed ourselves from the REST of the animals on the planet.

We've evolved to the point where we should remove ourselves from the REST of the animals on the planet.

Also the arguement of 'well everyone here pretty much eats domestic animals which is worse etc...'
Booth is doing both, killing wild animals (screwing up natural balance) AND eats domestic/store bought food.
You would think two evils are worse than one, no?

Edited by lateralus, 03 May 2012 - 09:06 AM.

CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#460 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

We've evolved to the point where we should remove ourselves from the REST of the animals on the planet.

Also the arguement of 'well everyone here pretty much eats domestic animals which is worse etc...'
Booth is doing both, killing wild animals (screwing up natural balance) AND eats domestic/store bought food.

Wow, that is the scariest thing I've read in this entire thread.
Agree to disagree I guess.

If Humans stop thinking that we are a part of this world, and the food chain, and nature, that is when the world will truly go to ruins.

Guaranteed if you we're lost in the woods and a hungry bear found you, he wouldn't think twice about us being part of nature or not.

#461 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Wow, that is the scariest thing I've read in this entire thread.
Agree to disagree I guess.

If Humans stop thinking that we are a part of this world, and the food chain, and nature, that is when the world will truly go to ruins.

Guaranteed if you we're lost in the woods and a hungry bear found you, he wouldn't think twice about us being part of nature or not.

Actually it's not scary at all, we've evolved to the point where we are screwing up the balance of the world.

We have stopped thinking that based on our actions, instead of being a part of nature and 'working' with other animals and the planet we've turned into a virus. Feeding off the host until there is nothing left.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#462 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's the arrogance of humans setting themselves above nature and losing connection with nature that has led to the massive destruction of habitat that is teh true threat to wildlife on this planet. Not a controlled, scientific culling of certain pecies that are subject to horrible and slow death due to over populating their territory.

The "balance" of nature you refer to has not existed for a very long time. Humans have put things wrong. Even if it did, the law of the strongest survive is not a pretty sight for those who don't make the grade. Nature is harsh. It's not a petting zoo out there.

If you are truly concerned about the destruction of species, focus your energies on fishing techniques that drag the ocean floors for shrimp creating vast underwater deserts: how about the Japanese mass slaughter of dolphins that get caught in their fish nets; The destruction of rain forests to create farmland in South America.

Bears in Canada (BC at least) are in no danger and their population is actually increasing. Same with deer. The only sepcies at risk is teh mountain caribou and there has been no hunting of them for decades. They are becoming extinct because of habitat loss and an inability to deal with teh increase in back country recreation ( snowmobilers, heli skiiers, 4-wheelers). Far more dangerous to the sepcies in BC is the disturbance and destruction of habitat by recreational "riders" than a contolled hunt.

#463 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

It's the arrogance of humans setting themselves above nature and losing connection with nature that has led to the massive destruction of habitat that is teh true threat to wildlife on this planet. Not a controlled, scientific culling of certain pecies that are subject to horrible and slow death due to over populating their territory.

The "balance" of nature you refer to has not existed for a very long time. Humans have put things wrong. Even if it did, the law of the strongest survive is not a pretty sight for those who don't make the grade. Nature is harsh. It's not a petting zoo out there.

If you are truly concerned about the destruction of species, focus your energies on fishing techniques that drag the ocean floors for shrimp creating vast underwater deserts: how about the Japanese mass slaughter of dolphins that get caught in their fish nets; The destruction of rain forests to create farmland in South America.

Bears in Canada (BC at least) are in no danger and their population is actually increasing. Same with deer. The only sepcies at risk is teh mountain caribou and there has been no hunting of them for decades. They are becoming extinct because of habitat loss and an inability to deal with teh increase in back country recreation ( snowmobilers, heli skiiers, 4-wheelers). Far more dangerous to the sepcies in BC is the disturbance and destruction of habitat by recreational "riders" than a contolled hunt.

Very valid points.
As I've mentioned before, I think a lot of anger and disapproval is wrongly placed on Booth specifically, and should be towards man kind in general, including ourselves (me as well).

I think people went off about the bear being killed because it's right in our faces, and it was done by a well known NHL hockey player who happens to play for the local team.

I agree with all of your points, but is it too late? Have we done so much damage that we cannot restore balance.
And even if we could, would we (as a species) want to?
On one hand each of us has a will to survive, even when we shouldn't due to technology etc, but at the same time it's going to be our downfall.
Kind of a catch 22.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#464 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Why would Bieksa care about the "fairness" of a confrontation?? Isn't he the guy who fought little Patty Marleau in the playoffs last year? Not exactly an even matchup there....... In fact I think I saw a thread on here awhile back that said something about Bieksa beating his wife and his dog. True? Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh my god. I'm sorry but i just have to respond to this.

''isn't he the guy who fought little patty marleau'' ??? Are you serious?

Patrick Marleau is a 32 year old man who is 6'2'' 220 lbs....

Kevin Bieksa is 6'1'' 198 lbs at 30 years of age....

And you are calling this an unfair fight? Sure Bieksa has more experience fighting but Patrick Marleau can more than handle himself. Especially when he's significantly bigger than his opponent. Calling Marleau ''little'' and saying it was unfair is an idiotic statement. Not even mentioning your last statement about his wife and dog. Give me a break. :picard:

Funny how fans can turn on their own players so easily. People need to get their noses out of players personal lives, it happens way too much with this franchise.
Posted Image

#465 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Little patty marleau? Is that what you would call him in person?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#466 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Very valid points.
As I've mentioned before, I think a lot of anger and disapproval is wrongly placed on Booth specifically, and should be towards man kind in general, including ourselves (me as well).

I think people went off about the bear being killed because it's right in our faces, and it was done by a well known NHL hockey player who happens to play for the local team.

I agree with all of your points, but is it too late? Have we done so much damage that we cannot restore balance.
On one hand each of us has a will to survive, even when we shouldn't due to technology etc, but at the same time it's going to be our downfall.
Kind of a catch 22.

We are getting deep!

Good to see this thread has at least elevated from mindless name calling to an insightful conversation about the role of Humans on this planet.

Hunting has got to be one of the most controversial and emotional topics out there with people generally on the extreme end of either side of the argument and very few in the middle.

Thanks to all who posted thoughtful comments from both view points.

I consider myself a hunter... and I also know that I am not a sick person who enjoys taking the life of another living creature ( I turned green and nearly passed out when I got my first buck), that's not what it's about for me. I'm sure there's people out there that DO enjoy it though purely for the destruction... but there's sick people everywhere doing all sorts of things, from pedophile priests to money laundering accountants, you can't paint all with the same brush.

Booth seems to me like a very honest, caring and genuine person, if not a little naive and I don't question his character at all. In fact it's kind of refreshing to see honesty from a pro athlete or public figure of any kind, whether people agree with it or not.

#467 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

every large civilization has killed wild animals to build. if you want to talk about screwing up the natural balance of things, maybe people should stop living as a civilization.

The biggest difference between us and animals is that we modify our environment to suite us.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#468 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Very valid points.

Kind of a catch 22.

Its never too late. Save the Sloth Bears...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#469 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Removing ourselves from nature is impossible.

We ARE nature. Or at least a part of it. You can think we are above it all if you want to, but good luck eating anything, drinking anything, et all.

We have one advantage that will lead us to decimate the planet for our own benefit. Our brains. Our biggest advantage has consequences for the rest of the planet.

Really it comes down to this: What kind of planet do you want to live on? One that is as "natural" as possible (I know, if humans are part of nature, then anything we do is also "natural", but suspend belief for a sec) and as close to "unspoiled" or "normal" as we know it so far. Or do you want a planet akin to what the robots were doing at the end of AI (the Spielberg movie) Where the world is a considered just a resource of energy to be used.

Do you like walking in the park - ever? Or would you prefer - always - to be in front of a computer terminal?

Everything we do effects the common consciousness that determines our future events. throwing one stone doesn't matter, but if 6 billion people throw stones it has effects.

Edited by canucksnihilist, 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#470 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Very valid points.

Kind of a catch 22.

Very valid points.

Kind of a catch 22.

They say, "it's never too late" but I am not sure. LIke most, I dont' dwell on it and feel pretty powerless in the face of it all. I live where wildlife abounds, yet this is also historical mountain caribou habitat and they are becoming extinct. My very existence is part of that.

Many sepcies, especially of fish, are being ocer consumed and face extinction, but as long as we can still find it on our store shelves, we will likely not do much. I am a big fan of Tuna casserole but now eat it with guilt (but I stil eat it).

As disgusting as our proecesing of meat is, if everyone were left to hunt for thier meat, the Province of BC would be devoid of wildlife in a matter of a few years so that is truly not an option.

Hopefully we will at some point reconnect with nature and be able to put in place systems that limit the "right" of humans to make use of habitat for recreationaly purposes. Unfortunately, when I see how large 4x4s with 4 -wheelers and snowmobiles are increasinlgy popluar and gaining more and more access to the backcountry so they can race around tearing up the habitat and stressing the wildlife, I get pretty discouraged. If we can't put controls in place to even curb the pursuit of recreation, there is little chance of us curbing our insatiable need for mor espace at the expense of the natural world.

#471 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

The real question is, why is a delusional man like David Booth able to own a gun?

#472 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm not a hunter, but I repect people who are.

It's a highly regulated business, and people who choose to do so by in large follow the rules, and the few law breakers pay huge penalties if caught.

It's not like Booth and his buddies just wandered out in the wilderness to shoot Bears.

First he had to purchase a lisence, then enter his name in a lottery, which he obviously won, then he had to hire a lisensed outfitter guide team, then fly there, hire transportation, pay for hotel and meals. Then hire a taxidermist, and meat packer. So that Bear he killed probably brought in 10 or 12,000 dollars or more for the local economy.

They are not allowed to shoot mothers or cubs or yearlings, as the mothers stay with the cubs for two years ,and there is only certain areas and certain times in spring and fall when hunting is allowed.

Infact 81 % of BC is protected from bear hunting.
Each year, out of the approx, 125,000 black bears in BC approx 4,000 (mostly adult males) are killed.
The mothers only breed every two years,(avg. 2 cubs per litter) as that is how long they stay with their cubs ( who are born weighing between 8 and 12 ounces, but thanks to the mothers milk being 33% fat, are able to grow more than 1000 times bigger than their birth weight.

The population is well managed and protected. Infact the the population of Black Bears, has increaed from approx 80,000 bears in 1870, to approx. 125,000 today.

I rescued a 10 pound cub my dog discoverd and tracked it and babysat it as it clung to a tree, and searched for bugs in the bark, and as it trusted us, it curled up on 2 crossing skinny branches a foot off the forest floor,and slept beside us for a couple of hours, until Wildlife rescue volunteers showed up, and then I carried it out of the forest in a small dog kennel. It was nourished in Gibsons for a few days and then sent to Bear rescue in Maple Ridge where it spent several months with a new family, before being released into the mountains with its new mother and siblings. This was a bear who's mother had been shot by some moron, not an honest hunter, as true hunters would never do that.

My point is to have faith in the hunters, the wildlife officers and volunteers who manage and protect wildlife in our beautiful country.

Thankyou.

Edited by Hotdawg, 03 May 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#473 madrigal88

madrigal88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Defenseless? Have you seen the teeth and claws on that beast. the size alone is extrodinary. What if the animal had killed booth? what would people say then. Ill tell ya. Ahh its a monster, it must be put down, its a danger to people all over the world! You want a real shame, when an animal kills a human and then people decide that it must be killed because its a "Danger". That in my view is complete garbage but i dont hear comments from people piping up then having a problem with it.

Yes, because specifically going into the bear's habitat to kill it = being randomly attacked by a bear in your home. Also, an animal really sands a chance against a couple of jerks with big guns. Honestly if Booth had gotten killed by the bear, I would say he got what was coming to him for doing something so stupid anyway.

Killing a magnificent animal like that just for fun is disgusting. Hunting for food is one thing, but hunting for the fun of killing something is another. People who get pleasure out of that are sick in the mind IMO.

#474 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yes, because specifically going into the bear's habitat to kill it = being randomly attacked by a bear in your home. Also, an animal really sands a chance against a couple of jerks with big guns. Honestly if Booth had gotten killed by the bear, I would say he got what was coming to him for doing something so stupid anyway.

Killing a magnificent animal like that just for fun is disgusting. Hunting for food is one thing, but hunting for the fun of killing something is another. People who get pleasure out of that are sick in the mind IMO.

And you are closed minded and judgemental IMO.

#475 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

The real question is, why is a delusional man like David Booth able to own a gun?

What makes Booth delusional? As it stands, he is not classified with any psychological disorders under the DSM-IV-TR.

#476 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think everything that could have been said in this thread has already been said.... maybe time to lock?

#477 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm not a hunter, but I repect people who are.

It's a highly regulated business, and people who choose to do so by in large follow the rules, and the few law breakers pay huge penalties if caught.

It's not like Booth and his buddies just wandered out in the wilderness to shoot Bears.

First he had to purchase a lisence, then enter his name in a lottery, which he obviously won, then he had to hire a lisensed outfitter guide team, then fly there, hire transportation, pay for hotel and meals. Then hire a taxidermist, and meat packer. So that Bear he killed probably brought in 10 or 12,000 dollars or more for the local economy.

They are not allowed to shoot mothers or cubs or yearlings, as the mothers stay with the cubs for two years ,and there is only certain areas and certain times in spring and fall when hunting is allowed.

Infact 81 % of BC is protected from bear hunting.
Each year, out of the approx, 125,000 black bears in BC approx 4,000 (mostly adult males) are killed.
The mothers only breed every two years,(avg. 2 cubs per litter) as that is how long they stay with their cubs ( who are born weighing between 8 and 12 ounces, but thanks to the mothers milk being 33% fat, are able to grow more than 1000 times bigger than their birth weight.

The population is well managed and protected. Infact the the population of Black Bears, has increaed from approx 80,000 bears in 1870, to approx. 125,000 today.

I rescued a 10 pound cub my dog discoverd and tracked it and babysat it as it clung to a tree, and searched for bugs in the bark, and as it trusted us, it curled up on 2 crossing skinny branches a foot off the forest floor,and slept beside us for a couple of hours, until Wildlife rescue volunteers showed up, and then I carried it out of the forest in a small dog kennel. It was nourished in Gibsons for a few days and then sent to Bear rescue in Maple Ridge where it spent several months with a new family, before being released into the mountains with its new mother and siblings. This was a bear who's mother had been shot by some moron, not an honest hunter, as true hunters would never do that.

My point is to have faith in the hunters, the wildlife officers and volunteers who manage and protect wildlife in our beautiful country.

Thankyou.

No, thank YOU!! Finally someone with an informed opinion. It's shocking to read the hypocrisy in this thread from a bunch of city folk who know nothing about nature. Hunters care more about the environment than most of these tree hugging, latte sipping citiots who talk big about nature because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy but will never put any real effort into making a difference. Hunters want to preserve their sport and put a lot of effort into keeping nature the way it is. Hunting is part of Canada's heritage, if you don't like it, feel free to leave.

Also, by law here in bc you have to remove the edible portions of the 4 quarters and loins, so I don't know what everyone is bitching about "wasting" the meat.

#478 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I didn't look at the picture (never do with this stuff).

It's strange, I come from a long line of hunters, with my brother still hunting to this day. NEVER for trophies - it's always just been Dad/brother's way to obtain game and fowl for meat as consumption.

I never ever did get used to finding geese and ducks hanging by their necks at the back door, but grew to accept why they did it. I mean, anyone eating a chicken burger is a hypocrite to suggest hunting is cruel - as stated earlier, it's a more "humane" (for lack of a better word) way of killing animals for food than to mass farm them.

But to kill an animal for sport is not something I could ever support. Senseless and doesn't make you anymore of a man...actually, less because you've lost a fragment of empathy and kindness somewhere along the way.

I agree with you but the question here is booth eating the bear? If he is then people need to cut him some slack on this. Others have said in past blogs he has talked about freezers with wild game so I think we can assume he is not a trophy hunter. I have much more respect for people who hunt for food then the ones who eat meat from mc d's.

Edited by Nino, 03 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#479 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

What happened to not discussing players personal lives on this sight? So far I have seen 2 mods post 3 different times and neither one of them has mentioned this rule nor have they locked this thread.

This thread should have been locked long ago, if for anything to respect the personal lives of players.
IMO the mods have failed to adhere to the rules on these boards by not locking this, and have even broken the rules by posting their opinion.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#480 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

black bears are rarely aggressive as well its not like a grizzly bear which will rip your face off if it sees you.

Very true. Saw one yesterday at work. It was just slowly walking across the road and taking its time. Reminded me of my mum because of its slow speed. :lol: Just chillin.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 03 May 2012 - 05:55 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.