The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Both sides have valid arguements. However, animals are way smarter than humans will ever be.

They don't need humans for survival. Infact most of what humans know, we have learned from animals.

We all think our domesticated dogs and cats can't survive without us, but yes they can,even the morons who think chickens and cows can't survive without us are wrong.

Not a single creature on this planet needs us humans to survive and thrive. We need them. Therefore they are superior to us.

Wooohoo!!!

Way to go Go David booth!! what an awesome bear! Who cares about what all these losers are saying. I grew up slaughtering chickens, bear, deer, cow, lamb, most of which you people consume every day. If you can't kill it why eat it? Stop living your sheltered lives, not everyone is naive as you and believes cow meat grows on trees.

Here is black bear from 2 years ago... Hope you all cry about it.

bearam.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

If you are selling the parts that's illegal.

Also you are contributing to the ongoing smuggling/illegal selling/international trade problems in the province.

You should be reported to the authorities.

Special Ed.....you are stereotyping hunters. As I said earlier, my uncle and his friends are all hunters who do it yearly. None of them drink, none of them just hunt for giggles. They take it seriously and they pack their freezer with everything they take down.

I hate killing animals myself but I can't speak because I love a good steak or BBQ chicken breast! As long as hunters are doing it legally, I just don't understand why so many people have a problem with it. And where does Booth say he won't be eating the bear? A lot of people enjoy bear.

Special Ed.....you are stereotyping hunters. As I said earlier, my uncle and his friends are all hunters who do it yearly. None of them drink, none of them just hunt for giggles. They take it seriously and they pack their freezer with everything they take down.

I hate killing animals myself but I can't speak because I love a good steak or BBQ chicken breast! As long as hunters are doing it legally, I just don't understand why so many people have a problem with it. And where does Booth say he won't be eating the bear? A lot of people enjoy bear.

The problem is there is no balance with humans, we have the ability and technology to keep people alive where otherwise they would die.

Nature doesn't have this problem, there is balance.

We come along and frack up the balance, we are the problem.

Can't wait for the day that mother nature strikes back, the balance is restored.

/rant

Did u eat it?

The only thing I find pathetic is if people head out and shoot animals 'for fun. Then try to justify their pitiful lives by taking pictures with their guns, like it was some great victory. Or acting like they actually accomplished anything. That's my main problem is the 'attitude of hunting. I'm sure most people aren't proud, that animals are slaughtered everyday so they can eat. You won't find me going over to the local slaughterhouse and taking pictures standing over a pig with a big meat cleaver.

Fact is hunters don't really accomplish anything because they try to eliminate any difficulty in killing the animals. It's more about getting together with the guys and throwing down a few beers than anything. You could simply do that at the bar, maybe even get a girl instead of a carcass. And making yourself feel empowered or like 'the big man - for killing an animal that didn't stand a chance.

As well judging by the photo - you boys are so out of shape you sure as hell didn't chase the bear. Jean and t-shirts? It's obvious just from the photo there wasn't any big effort put into that. Just an easy kill a few giggles and then some mindless beer chugging.

Or am I wrong?

Modern man is cluless how to survive without agriculture and commercial meat. Most people don't even know how to use a tool let alone make one. Grow a garden nope. Survive from the forest ? no way!

True mankind would survive, but not until 99% of us perish via starvation and cannabalism.

Even the caveman's children knew how to hunt and make tools, and make fires without matches.

Kids today have no survival skills whatsoever.

Fact is hunters don't really accomplish anything because they try to eliminate any difficulty in killing the animals. It's more about getting together with the guys and throwing down a few beers than anything. You could simply do that at the bar, maybe even get a girl instead of a carcass. And making yourself feel empowered or like 'the big man - for killing an animal that didn't stand a chance.

Finish reading what I said at least 1% would survive, actually probably 10 % or more, as humans would quickly learn from eachother and thrive once again.

Truth is for most of human history 75% of our diet came from sea vegetables. They are all nutritous, so at low tide, go down and harvest Kelp. Also clams, muscles etc. We can all thrive from what nature has given us if we'd only use some common sense and TRY !

Killing anything sucks. If we all made it our highest purpose to preserve life in every way possible what an amazing world this would be. We are all stuck on this spinning chunk of rock in a great void. The life we know on earth is the only life we know of - all is precious.

To kill for fun, pleasure, excitement, thrill, ego, pride, or even a religious view that God gave us the supreme dominion over animals so it is our right, to me, is something we need to mentally and spiritually evolve beyond as a species together.

Every life that is lost is like a candle that gets extiguished, and in turn makes the Universe a little darker.

I have no argument from a legal standpoint and I have no argument for killing out of neccessity. I am even of the mind that the way we farm animals is more atrocious than this form of hunting. My point of view is only one that regards the creation and preservation of life as the highest moral achievment a sentient being can strive to attain.

Archived